1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feb issue of Haute Doll is out! (discussion thread)

Dec 9, 2006

1. Eeee! I thought that was you. >w< I was like "Hey...I wonder if that's MY Aimee!" Even though, you are totally not mine. XD You know what I mean.

*bweeeee* I can't wait to read it. You are totally the goddess of all modding. *twines around ankles*

2. i got my issue on monday. it looks good but i haven't had time to sit down and read it yet

3. Aaargh! *grabby hands* Wants it! But it takes so bloody long for it to get here! More than 3 weeks! Wants it now!!! *whimpers*

4. *shakes fist at Australia*
      I need a subscription XD I can't wait to read it now <3

5. Heh. Didn't realise there were two Aimees here :)

- Liz

6. HD also sell individual copies on eBay, including back issues (I'm still waiting for the December issue I bought there to arrive)

- Liz

7. yes! Wondertwins powers unite! er... wait...

8. Hah, I've been getting this magazine for months, and I love it. The loli-kimono's got me all excited, we'll see if it actually turns out the way it's supposed to.

I also never realized what a hottie orientdoll tae is.

9. The trunks by Rob Ferguson are lovely. I'd buy one if I didn't have one already.

10. Has anyone tried making the kimono yet? I spent a couple of hours on one last night, only to find out after I was done that the pieces were mislabeled. I'm also not sure if there's a seam allowance included in the pieces, as I couldn't find the info anywhere. If anyone has successfully made one, can you offer any advice before I sit down to try it again?

11. I've cut out the pieces for the MSD kimono, but haven't started sewing yet. Which bits are mislabled? :?

12. The ones that are labeled as MSD seem to be the SD pieces and vice versa. When I was cutting out the pattern, I thought it was a little odd that the MSD pieces all looked larger than the SD ones, but since I don't have an MSD, I assumed it was because the bodies have different proportions.

But after I finished my kimono, it was much too small for my Shall, but fit rather well on a 16 inch doll I have. I used very tiny seams, so I don't think it was an issue of that making it too small.

Also, on the piece that's labeled for the SD skirt, it doesn't say that you are supposed to lay the short flat side on the fold, but you need to.

13. :doh ARGH! Thank you. I'll...I'll make the seams really big.

14. I really should get a subscription of Haute Doll.

15. Hmm... I ithought I had asked my Incredibly Dumb Question of the Day already, but since that was in a PM it probably doesn't count.

So here goes:

How does one get ahold of this magazine? I'm seriously interested...

16. I buy mine at Books a Million, but I'm sure other bookstores carry it. Or you can order it thru their website.

17. i get mine through subscription but its available on
      http://www.hautedoll.com/shopping.php?id=12

or you can get it locally if you have a barnes and noble in the area or other place that sells speciality magazines.

18. ooh, I sure am glad I read this! I was going to make one last night, but went to sleep instead! :doh Thanks for the heads up!

19. Hi, I'm the one who created the Kimono-lolita patterns.

I just got my Haute Doll and I looked at the pattern pieces and the SD pattern pieces have been re-sized! o_O No wonder they don't fit!

Unfortunately they didn't include the inch marker I put on the pattern pieces so I have no way of knowing how much they shrunk them down by.

I'm going to email the editor of Haute Doll and see if I can post the original patterns (with the inch marker) for y'all to download.

I'm really sorry about the total snafu; I'll see if I can't get it sorted out!