Picsart remains my best friend for editing my useless phone photos. I make no apologies for the ungodly amount of filters.
- Face-up artist(s):
- Amadiz Beauty
- Date of acquisition:
- April 17, 2021
- Purchased the head directly from Amadiz Beauty's Etsy, the Supia body was secondhand from DoA
- Reason for choice:
- Amadiz Beauty's craftmanship is gorgeous. When I saw they were offering a faceup service - I always did love their painting style - for their ready heads, I jumped at the opportunity to order a Virginia in some vintagey rococo makeup. This was one of the few times I didn't have a specific character in mind prior to ordering, but I quickly realized how much her sculpt resembled my friend's character, Ariana, the best friend and lover of my own character, Jaime Rose, who I shelled my Charm Doll Nastya into. With the permission of my friend and a promise of sharing custody of her should she move closer, t'is a match of sculpt and character made in heaven!
- Best Points:
- Excellent posing, absolutely gorgeous sculpt with an equally gorgeous faceup. I love the vintage makeup and the attention to detail and texture, the realism whilst maintaining a classically doll-like look. She's got that adorable ingenue look that's perfect for her character.
The hybrid worked out seamlessly, too, no modding required!
Ariana de la Forest Lock
- Amadiz Beauty and Supia Doll
- Head Sculpt:
- Virginia New
- Milky, Normal
- Supia Original Body 58
- Enchanted Doll Unique Marble February 2019 14mm
- Lullaby Poem, Mint Milk (waaaay too big and barely stays on, I definitely need to get a different one)
- Favourite colours:
- Soft mints, lavenders, baby blues and touches of sunny yellow, teals, cream, snow white
- Fashion style(s):
- Angelic, elegant wintery forest nymph with hints of rococo and Victoriana as a result of her transition to the mortal-populated kingdom of Ofeilia; like a classic lolita Elsa.
- Key fashion accessory:
- A pearl grey cap with a little snowflake charm; also bears a mystical circlet, bits of metal weave in and out amongst itself with small blue gems scattered throughout and a slightly larger one dangles over the forehead. It allows Ariana to safely use her powers, primarily snow magic. She usually keeps it in a small bag she keeps close to her.
- Name story:
- Sooooooo, Ariana, as well as many of the characters within my friend group, were originally My Little Pony fan characters, and therefore named accordingly. Thus Ariana's name was originally Snowflake, more specifically, Special Snowflake, denoting her airheaded personality and unique wintery abilities. Fun times.
As a humanoid, this was changed to Ariana Evanlyn Lock, Ariana meaning "Holy", befitting for her status as a demigoddess. Prior to finding out of her mortal mother, she had no surname as such is a useless social construct only followed by petty humans. Once exploring the mortal realm of Ofeilia, her new friend Jaime Rose dubbed her de La Forest (of the forest), as such is the construct of most Ofeilian nobles' surnames and Jaime Rose felt she was deserving of as much.
- Character age:
- 18-22 depending on the point of her story (doll can represent either)
- Character gender:
- Offsite roleplay:
- This doll's character is available for offsite roleplay.
At the age of 5, Ariana was taken away from her mother by her father, Winter (known within her country as a Guardian, a powerful mage that's not quite human with mystical relics and powers each resembling the four seasons themselves). Winter, wanting to ensure his place as a Guardian would be secured should he pass, brainwashed the young girl, twisting her memories to force her into believing she was a being made purely from snow and magic alone.
Many years passed and she only interacted with the four Guardians and their Apprentices (Guardians in training). All she was told about the outside world was that "Other creatures are selfish vultures". However, as she got older, she grew more bold. At the age of 17 she had a child she called Aurelia, wanting to find a more suitable place for her daughter than the depths of an old forest, escaped. By the age of 18, she created a plan to escape and found herself in Ofeilia. It was here she hid from her father, knowing he'd be furious and possibly abusive. During her time here, she put her mystical skills to use and found herself with a position as a minor royal guard, and befriended the Princess Jaime Rose, who encouraged her to strive for a life better than what she was given, regardless of whether she was a "real" person or not. It wasn't until she was 20, she found her mother, Queen Elizabeth Lock, and reclaimed her place as part of the royal family in Ascain. A year later, she made arrangements for her daughter to be taken care of within Castle Carravarra of Ascain, the safest place within the kingdom.
In personality, Ariana can be pretty naive, clueless and probably even airheaded, despite these things she does her best to assist pretty much anyone she can. She works hard, managing to juggle her responsibilities as a lady from another land, mother and a guard, yet still manages to keep bright and bubbly in the company of pretty much anybody that hadn't caused trouble.
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!