This is the renewed profile for my Little Monica Sophia, but she has a different character now.
- Face-up artist(s):
- Little Monica (Giselle's Faceup)
- Date of acquisition:
- March 09th, 2018
- Bought the head directly from Little Monica, body from the MP.
- Reason for choice:
- The Sophia sculpt is gorgeous and womanly, she was perfect for my newest character; but a different character stole the shell, now I need a different faceup! The body, I bought it because it was pretty (and fit the character she has now) and was sold for a good prize.
- Best Points:
- On Little Monica's side, wonderful faceup; the LUTS resin is smooth, the sculpting is beautiful, and the upper body and arms are engineered very well.
- Worst Points:
- I hated the body, if I'm honest. It looks better than it works. I expected something better from LUTS. She's hard to sit up, and her normal legs' knees sometimes get stuck or come out of place (because the knee is a floating piece regardless of being single jointed), so I keep her in the heeled legs. She also has to be locked in place to stand straight, something to do with her thighs. I dislike how I have to put so much effort into simple poses other dolls do in a second like sitting down or standing straight. Update though: after changing the character, I love her a lot better. She's miraculously working now.
I have been looking for her perfect shell since around 2014 and couldn't pinpoint who she was. After buying Sophia for a different character, she suddenly materialized as Sophia, stealing the shell from the intended character
Her thighs are hollow, there's no ball joint. This makes handling her slightly different. You have the option to string her in a way that the elastic holding the head in place goes down to her knees, but her default stringing method makes the SDF type 5 a body that can be taken apart in sections without having to unstring the whole doll (like her arms and upper torso is one section, then her lower torso and thighs are another section, and lastly, her knees/calves/feet). The elastic that holds her thighs to the lower torso is hooked in a piece of resin in the hips area, where there's usually a ball joint, and that string goes down to a metal hook that connects the knee to the thigh. This is useful to switch between normal and heeled legs. (But it honestly makes it all so complicated). She looks beautiful, but man is she hard to pose I'm planning on modding her leg joints!
I really want to do a body review video soon...
- Little Monica
- Head Sculpt:
- LUTS Senior Delf Type 5
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!