I roleplay the same character in L5R. In that particular incarnation, he is named Ikoma Jinsuke.
- Face-up artist(s):
- Mewingstar (AlekInexelsis)
- Date of acquisition:
- November 18, 2016 (head)
- Head purchased directly from Granado, body via ACBJD
- Reason for choice:
- I fell in love with Michael's sculpt at first sight -- his expression could be interpreted in different ways depending on the angle, which suits the character I had for him
- Best Points:
- Head: the expressiveness!
Body: one of my best posers, good resin for the price.
- Worst Points:
- Head: for some reason, Granado made his head smaller than the previous Solar System series, and this resulted in setbacks for finding a body to hybrid him with.
Body: it needs a change of stringing method to let its full posing potential shine (otherwise, relaxed leg poses and bent knees are very difficult to pull off); the neck size difference between Granado and Impldoll also means limited head mobility (but easily resolved with silicone KIPS or sueding)
- Head Sculpt:
- New Normal
- IMPLdoll Idol Male FGB Real skin
- SOULinAboxDOLLS Liberté
- Leekeworld RoyalDeep
- Favourite colours:
- Yellows and earth tones
- Fashion style(s):
- East Asian traditional (hybrid of Japanese and Chinese), the occasional modern casuals
- Key fashion accessory:
- A belt accessory that is the pair to what his S.O. has.
- Name story:
- Guórén is actually his personal name, hardly ever used except by those who are close to him. It is written as 國仁 -- the character for "country" followed by "benevolence". His formal name, Jinsuke, is written as 仁助, "benevolent assistance."
- Character age:
- Mid-twenties, 23 at the start of the L5R timeline
- Character gender:
- Offsite roleplay:
- This doll's character is not available for offsite roleplay.
Relationship tree here.
The illegitimate son of Zhèng Fēiyàn, a Han Chinese woman abandoned in Japan, and an unknown Portuguese merchant, Guórén spent the first few years of his life destitute and discriminated upon due to his "barbaric" appearance. However, he was eventually taken on and adopted by the eccentric Takashima Tarōzaemon, a childless samurai who taught him everything he knew about being in the Nagasaki police force. Whether due to the stresses of his youth or genetics, Guórén (or Jinsuke, as he came to be known after adoption) had grey hair streaked with white by the age of twenty, which made him appear older than he really was.
Despite not always seeing eye-to-eye with the elusive Ozaki Kaguya, who headed a proto-yakuza syndicate in the same city, Guórén developed a strong bond with her (partly because she was more intertwined with his childhood than he would have liked). Although he was married to the younger sister of a woman originally betrothed to Tarōzaemon's deceased natural son, Guórén was widowed within a year of his marriage because something in Nagasaki didn't agree with his wife's health. The mother of his children, the fraternal twins Kokiden (murdered by a rival during infancy) and Kokichi (known as Takashima Koremitsu when he came of age) was Adhara/Ozaki Kaguya.
L5R RPG TIMELINE
Relationship tree here.
Ikoma Jinsuke was born into the Lion Clan as the illegitimate son of Ikoma Tsubame and a father she refused to name (but hinted to be from the Unicorn Clan, because of her son's gaijin looks). Unwilling to let a wayward Lioness raise the boy, the Lion Clan leaders banished Tsubame to a monastery and ordered her son (whom she nicknamed Guórén) to be adopted by Ikoma Tarōzaemon, a minor historian. Unconventionally, instead of sending Jinsuke to the Akodo Commanders, he sent his foster son to learn the ways of the Matsu Berserkers. Nonetheless, being born into the courtier base of the Lion Clan, Jinsuke possessed basic skills to hold his own ground during intrigues, which often caught his rivals off-guard.
Although distrustful of Scorpion Clan samurai (like most of Rokugan), he grew particularly close to one: his assigned Emerald Magistrate partner, Bayushi Kaguya. After being sent on several long missions together, it was only a matter of time before they fell in love. Despite Kaguya's uncertain marital status, Jinsuke was determined to win her hand in marriage, no matter how many Scorpion lords he had to butt heads with before it could happen.
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!