This is the third doll version I put together to interpret my Kamael character. The first version was one of my earliest dolls. For a few years, I found it was very therapeutic to keep him as an ongoing project, to create him and then reshell him to create him again. When I created the version with this head I could not bear to reshell again because I think the sculpt is so beautiful (and uncommon).
- Face-up artist(s):
- Date of acquisition:
- Spring 2013
- Both body and head purchased seperately from the DoA marketplace
- Reason for choice:
- I fell in love with this head mold for my character because of its tender and melancholic expression. The body I chose partly for the stubby hands actually, and otherwise there's just something I enjoy about the physique style.
- Best Points:
- This will probably always be my favorite doll body. I love all the details of the appearance. I also think the emotive quality of the head sculpt is very powerful.
- Worst Points:
- The resin match could be better, but actually it's getting better over time. The face is very sad feeling to me, and it's only a part of the character I wanted to portray, so it limits me.
Please check the announcement in the DOA News section. Broken links to TinyPic were noticed over the weekend, and today we confirmed they've been shutting down over the last month. Since a lot of people appear to have pictures there, be aware that Monday, 9/16/19 appears to be the last day to download your photos.Dismiss Notice
- Bimong / Granado
- Head Sculpt:
- Bimong Narin 60 N611
- Granado 64cm (old normal)