- Face-up artist(s):
- Date of acquisition:
- 3 month LayAway through DDE
- Reason for choice:
- Two words: Steampunk. Seahorse. Also her gorgeous face <3
- Best Points:
- Her gorgeous tail and beautiful face. She poses amazing and is a solid stander.
- Worst Points:
- Her breast torso joint likes to click backwards a lot xD It's not a problem though
50–65cm Dolls Doll Profiles created by Magical Rin, Jul 22, 2016
- Head Sculpt:
- Default Full Set
- Default Full Set
- Favourite colours:
- Gold, Red and White.
- Fashion style(s):
- Steampunk Sailor/Military
- Key fashion accessory:
- Her hat. She's never without it.
- Name story:
- Laraine is actually the other name of one of my characters (though spelt differently, she has two names and doesn't use this one anymore) and for some reason when I looked at Scarlett's face all I could call her was 'Laraine'. The name is associated with a very special character of mine and I thought Scarlett deserved to have a variation of it since I adore her so much.
- Character age:
- Unknown. Looks about 25-27.
- Character gender:
- Offsite roleplay:
- This doll's character is not available for offsite roleplay.
Doll Universe Name/Story: Fashion, Love and the Sea
Name: Laraine Rayfloe
Nickname(s): Captain Rayfloe (She find this humorous as she is technically just a sailor)
Age: Unknown. Looks about 25-27.
Personality: Valiant, mysterious, determined, solitary, reserved.
Fears: Nothing. Or so she claims.
Hobbies: Sailing, fishing, swimming, singing (though she’ll never admit to this one.)
Fashion Style: Steampunk sailor/military.
- ‘Little fish should stay in their fish bowls.’
- ‘I’m just a sailor.’ (Said usually when someone calls her a legend or a captain.)
A mysterious fabled sailor that is rumoured to have sailed around the world more than twice. Her name is whispered among sailors as though she were a legend.
In truth she was once just an ordinary sailor with an ordinary crew, that is until they got caught in a fierce storm in the middle of the Bermuda triangle. With her crew dead by drowning Laraine fought desperately to keep her ship afloat. As her ship drifted closer and closer to jagged rocks lining the coast a huge ominous figure rose from the sea; a sea witch, who had caused the storm.
As punishment for entering her territory Laraine had a curse placed on her; that every day for the rest of eternity when the sun went down her legs would be replaced by a mechanical looking seahorse tail (the cogs and gears representing the magic that make it appear in the first place).
Ever since that day Laraine has lived at sea, only venturing ashore to restock supplies. Always keeping a worried gaze to the sky fearing sundown will set upon her too soon.
Usually a loner for various reasons Laraine is surprised when she takes a shine to a young sailor by the name of Valarie. The normally reserved sailor enjoying their nonsensical conversations about the sea and sailing. Laraine doesn't normally stay in one port for too long but Valarie has made her think that maybe she’ll stay for just a little while longer…
Laraine has come across many strange and unusual beings in her travels and is actually friends with a mermaid by the name of Llúcia and often runs into her during her travels. They bicker quite a lot despite their friendship, usually due to their differing views and trust in humans. Despite this they are quite close and are always willing to help out one another.
She is introduced to Lumie, a shy male siren by Llúcia who happens to be the sirens best friend. Laraine often gives him human food after discovering Lumie’s unusual interest in it. She is quite taken aback when he gifts her a seashell which she learns is something Lumie only does if he considers someone his friend.
Valarie eventually introduces Laraine to her step-brother Cian and her two friends Tobias and Avalon. She is surprised how well she gets along with Avalon and is particularly impressed by her brave, if not somewhat reckless reaction to being caught in a fierce storm while the gang are out at sea on her ship. Laraine had forced everyone; including the skilled Valarie, below deck so they’d be safe. However after sometime Avalon just couldn’t sit still, she arrived on deck just in time to see one of the main sails of Laraine’s ship snap from its restraint and spin around. She managed to throw herself in front of the huge wooden rod and stop it with her bare hands before it could hit Laraine who was still trying to steer the ship. Needless to say Laraine is both incredibly amazed and very thankful for Avalon’s appearance.
After the incident the two eventually start spending time together without Valarie and the others; Laraine even takes Avalon out on her ship for leisurely days at sea. Avalon is also currently the only human that knows about Laraine’s curse after a series of events lead to her seeing Laraine change into her seahorse form. After this the two become even closer and Laraine realizes with a start she might actually be falling in love with Avalon…
- Though her tail is supposed to only appear when the sun goes down, if she is in a dire situation where her tail will be useful she has worked out how to forcefully make it appear. The down side is not only does it cause her a lot of pain during the transformation process she also never knows how long it will stay afterwards. It can range anywhere from a few minutes to hours, to even 24 hours.
- She is highly skilled at and relies solely on celestial navigation when out at sea.
- Her ship is called the 'Abyss'. It has taken many shapes throughout the years, being replaced as each became unseaworthy. Currently the Abyss is a classic looking yacht with traditional sails and an exposed cabin.
Lalette, bickazer, A_Grand_Leaf and 21 others like this.
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!