- Face-up artist(s):
- BlueSand Aesthetics
- Modifications artist(s):
- BlueSand Aesthetics (for repairs -- the doll arrived with bad chips on the headsculpt)
- Date of acquisition:
- June 06, 2020
- Ordered via a local go-between who specializes in Chinese brands (both well-known companies and independent artists like Momo Studio)
- Reason for choice:
- I originally wanted her only for her body (for a hybrid that didn't work out), but I ended up liking the doll a lot more than I thought I would.
- Best Points:
- Her body engineering is very good at contorting and holding a lot of poses, and her over-all organic look (she was sculpted by the artist without the aid of 3D software) has its own charm.
- Worst Points:
- Her knees have this tendency to buckle (making her stand is a pain), and her sausage-finger hands are the least aesthetically pleasing hands among my dolls.
- Momo Studio (guozimo72 on IG)
- Head Sculpt:
- 1/3 female body
- Custom resin eyes by manicca_by_mecca on Instagram
- Hand-ventilated by yours truly
- Favourite colours:
- Red and black
- Fashion style(s):
- East Asian traditional, the occasional modern casuals
- Key fashion accessory:
- A fan given to her by her beloved
- Name story:
- She is named after the historical Izumo no Okuni (出雲阿国), the foundress of kabuki.
- Character age:
- Around 28 (only for the L5R timeline)
- Character gender:
- Offsite roleplay:
- This doll's character is not available for offsite roleplay.
Relationship tree here.
Okuni was apprenticed as a priestess to a prominent shrine, but she often got into trouble because her behavior was deemed to be unbecoming of a shrine maiden. One day, a girl visited the shrine on a pilgrimage she was undertaking in preparation for an arranged marriage. As though bound by fate, Okuni and the young lady gravitated towards each other without really understanding why. The visiting girl stayed only a week, but it was to be a sevenday of happiness and intimacy unlike Okuni had ever experienced. They would have wanted to stay together forever, but the sudden appearance of a spider lily outside their room proved to be a sad sign -- they were never to see each other again.
Prior to their parting, the young lady had encouraged Okuni to follow her dreams of building a troupe so down-on-their-luck women could have a means of income. Okuni was aware that the socio-political climate of her country would most likely doom her efforts, but she resolved to eventually leave the shrine to do exactly that. She had promised her lover that she will live her life to the fullest, even if they were far apart and could never be really together.
L5R RPG TIMELINE
Relationship tree here.
Bayushi Kaguya's ever-loyal best friend, Shosuro Okuni possessed all the charm and attractiveness that Kaguya lacked. She was trained early on to be a "face-changer" by one of the Scorpion Clan's acting troupes, and she accordingly learned the skill to change masks near-instantaneously, and with only the subtlest of gestures. Her front as an actress served to hide her true profession as a shinobi, working to infiltrate other clans and gather intel for the Scorpion. However, Okuni had another secret, one that she kept even closer to her heart: she was also Kaguya's lover, a relationship which began after her best friend's husband went missing under suspicious circumstances.
Despite her strong bond with Kaguya, Okuni always accepted the fact that she had to take second place to her lover's spouse. Interestingly enough, she hated Kaguya's first husband, Bayushi Isamu, but approved of the new man her lover was slated to marry, Ikoma Jinsuke. Jinsuke was aware of Okuni's relationship with Kaguya, and tolerated it because he knew just how much his wife-to-be loved the Shosuro girl. Unexpectedly, Okuni developed one-sided feelings for Jinsuke (but not nearly at the same level of affection that she felt for Kaguya). Even more unexpectedly, their common attraction to the Lion samurai brought Okuni and Kaguya even closer together in love, and Jinsuke himself grew to care for Okuni as a good friend. The three of them had an unspoken arrangement to look out for one another, all in the name of the bond they shared.
To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!