1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

unusual color dolls

Nov 17, 2020

1. that’s her for sure, haha!! i can see the golden hoops or dangly earrings already :drool

and thank you for the idea, maybe if i ever actually get around to making my own custom stickers, it could help me plan for her tattoos! since i don’t have any and i don’t know what would suit her best, there will certainly be a lot of experimenting to do...

&

thanks so much for the recommendations, i’ll definitely be looking into them!! :abow:

oh my, esme is absolutely stunning! i’m seriously gonna have to start saving for a fantasy color now, after this thread... my poor wallet... :sweat

2. Thank you!! Her resin looks much more "green" in natural light, and more aqua in lamplight. She sits on my desk and I watch her change color with the hours :)

3. that sounds like an absolutely heavenly experience! i could certainly sit and watch it all day, as well :love

4. Except when I should be working :doh

5. ahaha that’s okay, i do the same thing. i’m even doing it now :abambi:

6. I've got a Soom Faery Legend doll in Light Violet - which is more of a light blue with a violet tint to it. Its a lovely color.

The Soom Doll company has done a lot of different fantasy resin colors over the years. I particularly like the brick red they offered the orginal version of Trachy in - [MD/APR] Trachy & Lami - Raucar of Anger - The Gem . Though I might like that red Little Rebel did even more. The most unique fantasy resin I've seen is Soom's Black Swan. Its a black translucent resin with gold glitter in it.

I've currently got a Dollzone grey doll on my wishlist, and I'd love to have dolls in bright green and deep red one day.

7. I do love a minty green or a pastel purple... and greys are always fun to see.

Funny, I would never have guessed that the one I'd REALLY fall in love with would be my hot pink artist pour, my mind goes to soft pastels and cooler colors first, but... when I saw my hot pink boy I had to have him, and honestly I'd love to see more vivid pinks out there. Pastels are cute but neon is a lot of fun too.

8. I want a purple doll SO bad. Like a nice lavender.

9. felt that :sorry

10. @Anneko I agree about neon! I have a honey delf in their cream orange. She's more of a mango colour but she looks fantastic in neons, so much so that I'd like to have a neon orange doll too. (Neon purple or blue would be fab)

11. I have recently discovered sleeping elf dolls and she does a couple of 'fantasy' colours. Lilac, green, blue, pink and grey. I really want a pink one for a fairy character. I was surprised as so far fantasy colours have not interested me at all. But when I saw the doll and the colour I was like 'I love it and it is perfect'.

12. I think Sleeping Elf has her dolls cast by the Resin Soul/ Bobobie company, so they can be ordered in all the same colors.

13. Thanks Leo I am new so still learning about all the different companies and resin colours. I did not know she uses them but thanks as it means I can see how they look.

14. Soul Doll's Tarot series has included several dolls in wonderful colors, like The Empress and High Priestess. I own the Death cards, Kyron and Devona, in a gorgeous violet gray, but I wish that I had bought the Lovers in their stunning shade of bluish green.

15. @celga I just looked at Soul Doll's Tarot dolls, and those resin colors are gorgeous!

16. @Leo Pheonix Aren't they?? The costumes are also amazing and beautifully made. I hope that Soul Doll continues to add to the line...

17. My favorite fantasy resin colors tend to be in gentle cool tones. I love light blues, soft lavenders, sweet mints, and everything in between. Very very bright resin tends to not be my thing -- except when it comes to pink, for some reason. I've been craving an obnoxiously pink doll. I was almost going to get a Candy Pink Villitunes Mizuki, but decided on Mint Ice Cream instead at the last minute.

Probably my favorite resin color I've ever seen was the limited edition blue that Do Dolls Dream Aurelia came in. I will forever kick myself for not having the money for her when she came out.

18. I also love the soft cool tones, and last year when Luts offered limited fantasy colors, I jumped at the chance to bring home a large Senior Delf girl I’d been pining after for years. The timing certainly wasn’t perfect, and my budget was already stretched pretty thin, but I managed it anyway because I didn’t want to miss out on that rare opportunity to get her in lavender skin. I also have smaller dolls in pale tones of lavender, mint, green, blue and gray...from companies like Peakswoods, Fairyland, Doll Chateau and Soom. Because my characters exist in an urban fairytale, fantasy colors work perfectly for my crew.:)

#40 PoeticSoul, Nov 27, 2020
      Last edited: Nov 28, 2020