☆~~ Granado Doll Discussion Part 17 ~~☆

Feb 3, 2018

1. @Quiet and Insane Huh. weird. Mother's Day was last month here in Canada. For us, the first Monday in September is Labour Day (it's a bit of a floating holiday as it could be anything from the 1st to the 7th day). Come to think of it, I think we also celebrate different days for Queen Victoria's b'day. We do May 24th for her b'day here in Canada.

2. I'm curious, since I haven't seen any discussion of him, has anyone else ordered Claude from Granado?

3. @Iron_Dog - Mother's day is the second sunday in May for us down here, and Labour day is usually early March for us...that's the start of the Moomba festival, and the Queen's birthday was literally just last Monday. Though we celebrate for the current Queen. :lol: We don't bother with Victoria anymore.

@mosaicwolf - I don't think so? Perhaps check in the waiting room?

4. I ordered a lucky bag! I haven't ordered any kind of lucky bag since I got all the really crappy ones from Dollheart ages ago. It is exciting and terrifying.

5. I did too! I am following the IG posts about the event and don't recognize the last secret head he posted; is it really a new sculpt????

6. I think so? It seemed that way from their twitter post. I literally found out about this yesterday, I have not been paying attention to BJD news lately! I wouldn't have even bought one except I have a body it can go on, and it might be fun to get a surprise doll and make up a character for it. Crossing my fingers the head is resin and NS or WS lol. It'll be hard to blush it to match otherwise!

7. @VampireAngel13 I believe the lucky bag heads are only in NS or WS, even the vinyl ones. We are going to have a MP Swap thread when we start getting them so if luck wasn't good for you, it might be for another.

8. Oh good! I sort of only glanced through the rules or whatever and saw that you can't request a resin color, so I thought that meant any color could be in the bag.

9. Ooh good luck to both of you!

10. The lucky bag is so tempting. But I don't need more floating heads in-house despite how pretty they are. But so tempting....

11. I updated the Wait list with the last few months added to it. You can enter your updates now. It seems not everyone likes the new format.

12. I think he and the other prototype are just early releases at this point. I did see them post a teaser for his two face ups...somewhere.

13. I finally decided to skip on the luck bags.
      I can't budget a 200$ doll lottery right now.

I know the content it worth more than that, but I can't take the risk of not being able to use it if it's the wrong type.
      :(

14. @fishcake Im very happy that you are excited about her <3

When they did the crowdfunding for the 67, I was the only perspn who joined so they only produced the smaller versions and refunded my crowdfund. I did let them know by message boards that many are interested, but the timing (there were a lot of spring events, really good ones) AND because it was a prototype so the measurements were not guaranteed so they told me that they were happy I let them know this because Crocus was a bit sad at the reception of her.

I love the bodies of the fashion model dolls like PashaPasha and Popovy etc, Jane seems to have the proportions but the aesthetic of the traditional BJD which I like. I am not a fan of the 1/4 size or the small SD, so this for me is nice, plus she can be in the same world of my Iplehouses and LLT's :)

It was better for them to produce the larger prototype than measurement estimations, because the measurements of the one produced and offered now is different than the one on the crowdfund guesstimates, granted 65 wasnt an option (67 was) and the shoulder is much narrower than I expected so Im not sure if she is as hybrid friendly now but I like Jane anyway, so I will see how it works out

I also am not so sure on the heel feet. In the pictures, it looks like the shoe is stretched to fit her (because when she is standing, the heel is pointing towards her toes instead of being straight, so the foot is stretching out the arch part of the shoe. So maybe the heel foot was just enlarged from the original prototype, and not modeled on actual heels made for dolls already available. I originally requested they make high heel shoe "feet" like Soom has for their dolls, but they said they would consider it.

I would have really loved it if they gave her the foot arch like the Volks SD16/SDgrG ladies so she could fit in many of the shoes available in the market. Love the dollstown sculpts, but the difficulty in finding shoes is what turned me off getting one. Plus the ankle design, doesnt seem like it would work in helping the foot lean backwards or front to fit in some heel types so it feels limiting to me. Im not sure if I should bring that up to them or just mind my own business. Everything else though, Im very happy about.

Will you be getting one? Is anyone else joining the preorder?

Im a bit relieved to see some excitement for her, because I dislike relaying messages to artists and then when time comes, there arent much sales..... makes it feel like I tricked them.

If you want to see how the bust sizes and hand options look, in another view, you can see them better here on her original crowdfund page
      Jane Crowdfunding

15. I'm getting her head for sure...I have no money to get her as a full doll at the moment, but the heads are limited and hopefully the body is not :D To be honest I am really curious about her stringing, since Granado has always had unusual stringing patterns XD
      Thank you for the link!!

16. Oh she has conventional hip slots!! Oh dear I may have to do layaway.:D That makes the dolls so much easier to deal with.

17. I like Jane a lot, but I am only buying parts to finish dolls I have from now on. I have been saying that all year and so far I'm good!
      I am curious as to when the lucky bags will start to ship however....