1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

25cm dolls "Haroo and Borry" by chesca - Yo-sd size Slinky Neko dolls

Dec 21, 2008

1. I really had a tough time choosing between the two but ended up going with Borry because she seems slightly more pouty! :|

She should be able to share clothes and wigs with my LittleFee. Not sure about shoes yet.

2. That's exciting, Landlocked Mermaid! Please post pictures of Borry when she comes if you're able, I'd love to see owner pix. I'm still waiting for my Ante Littlefee... and waiting... and waiting... and ...

3. I am sure it was hard!! Borry has grown on me I liked Haroo best originally now I like them both the same. Borry has great attitude though so I am sure you will have fun with that cute face! Do you know how long it will be before you have your Borry approx? I also can't wait to see pictures and also a review of things like sitting up with legs bent on the side of a table or something and standing as well as head posing how high up can the doll look etc.... this is always very helpful. As well as your thoughts on the resin in person :)

4. For the life of me, I can't tell the difference between these two faces without labels. I guess I'd be happy with either one, although in some pix I prefer one over the other. I think it's Harroo but then I get confused, I'll have to study the faces more for differences. Both are very cute!

5. Feel free to point the picutres you like out. I seem to have it down now!! I'm familiar with the gallery on her site too.
      Haroo has very slightly more down turned outer corners to her eyes - borry a bit more upturned. Borry nose is slightly wideer Haroo slightly smaller tip to the nose. Borry has a fatter lower lip because chesca tells me he has an open mouth where has Haroo has a closed mouth. These are all so subtle!!

Maybe there is a face shape differenct too but I don't see it.
      On the website on the first page at the top bar area with one with the dark brown long regular wig (none fur) is Haroo the other wearing the knitted hat is Borry.

6. winternight-I am excited to have ordered Borry, but I feel badly for you that you don't have your Ante yet! :( Did you order through DDE? I have a feeling that Fairyland just didn't anticipate the big demand and that they are finding it difficult to get all of the dolls to DDE.

TreeLore, I sent an email to Chesca through her site and she told me that it will probably take about 5 days to get Borry made and then a few days for the EMS shipping time. I should have my new camera up and running by then so I will definitely post some pictures for everyone.

7. Treelore, thanks that helped a lot... I seem to prefer Harroo with the closed mouth, I thought one seemed more open and the other slightly finer featured, but the angles on the photos make it hard for me to tell. I do like them both, I'd be happy to have either. I'll order once I've seen owner photos/reviews, that'll give me time to decide which one to go with, too.

Mermaid, Yes, my Ante is from DDE, I ordered Oct. 27th and I'm still waiting. FL had a production problem and had to pitch an entire batch of dolls, that's what's caused the delay. Those problems are understandable... kinda hope she gets here soon, though.

8. These are both so cute! I'm rather liking the pouty one best. Cute outfits! Can't wait to see some owner pics and comparisons, too.

9. Great news! Borry has cleared U.S. Customs and with any luck I should have her by tomorrow or Saturday. :D

The bad news is that I still haven't totally got my new camera figured out. *_* I'm a total noob to the world of digital cameras (yes, I am technologically challenged!) and I'm anal enough that I have to read through the instruction booklet before I start shooting away. I need to pick a photo-sharing site as well so that I can post pics here too.

So bear with me while I get everything going...even if she gets here before I've got my camera going, I will post lots of details about her and answer any and all questions.

But I know that owner pics are the Holy Grail when it comes to new dolls, so I will do my best to get those on here. If only my real life didn't keep interfering with doll-related fun...

10. Yippy!!!! looking forward to your review. Do you have a yo-sd to compare or any other of that size?

11. I've got a Fairyland LittleFee and also a Custom House Petite Ai Uriel who is arriving shortly so that should cover the YoSD-ish size range, I hope.

12. excitedly waits!!

13. I would like to introduce everyone to Fleur. She's a bit shy and not too fond of having her picture taken; I suspect she's got a bit of jet-lag too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I apologize for the poor quality photos; I am a total noob with digital cameras. Don't have much time now, but I wanted to get at least a couple of pics up for everyone to see. I will post more later this weekend; I will get a nekkid shot of her and show her poseability, a comparison shot with my LittleFee, and answer any and all questions.

She's a great little dollie and my pathetic pics don't do her justice!

14. Oh she is wonderful!!! She looks just like the pics on the web site. I can't decide if I like her or Haroo best. How tall is she?

15. Love the little bob wig on her! what company and size is that? so cute thats not bad for first pics with your camera!
      I find pictures taken outside are always much easier and come out very clear and the other tip is to hold it as still as you possibly can when you take the pictures. I normally rest my arm on somewhere and breath in and on the out click! can't wait to see more pictures. Does she stand well? do her knees hold the standing position without buckling or bending weirdly? how about sitting upright with no back support on the edge of say a shelf? goes she fall backward? etc... :) thanks for taking the pictures so fast.

16. Mermaid, she's really cute! You're doing fine with the photos.

17. Hello all, and thanks for your nice comments. The wig is a Monique "Hannah" that I cut and styled myself; I loved bobbed cuts and couldn't find a wig anywhere that I liked so I created the style myself. It's available on the DDE site and the Monique site.

Fleur fits very nicely into the dresses and wigs that I have for my LittleFee. The dresses are all from The Doll Peddlar and are made by Boneka in 24 cm and 25 cm sizes. They are slightly snugger through the chest area on Fleur but they fit without any pulling or tugging. I only have one pair of shoes so far and they are the ones that came with my Ante's fullset and they also fit Fleur. All of the size 6-7 wigs I have fit her too.

She's a good little poser; she doesn't have the incredible range of motion of LttleFees, but she does fine on her own. Her feet are flat on the bottoms and she stands very sturdily without toppling over or leg buckling. She can sit unassisted as well-in the pic in my previous post she is actually sitting on her own and not leaning against anything.

Her little hands are a bit rounded and chubby. Any tops or dresses that have long sleeves that are extremely fitted and have no elastic or "give" to them might be difficult to get her hands into without removing them.

She also has quite large eye sockets. She came with 14 mm eyes in the shade of blue shown on her pics on the SlinkyNeko site but I actually like her better in 16 mm eyes. The ones she has on in the pics are the default eyes from my DOD Shall.

She arrived very well-packaged and with the fur wig she has on in the photos on her sale page on the site. The brown romper she has on was also included. She also came with her Another Space carrying bag (which is very nice) as well as the little quilted blanket pictured on the site. It has a little skull print on it that you can't see very well in the pics. Chesca was also kind enough to include the adorable little rabbit bag as a gift that is normally for sale separately on the site. Pics of all these items are on the SlinkyNeko site so I didn't want to duplicate them here, but if anyone wants to see more of them, let me know.

More photos in the next post...

18. I apologize again for my beginner photo technique; if anyone wants any other pics or close-ups or size comparisons or anything, please let me know and I will try to oblige!

Here is Fleur with my Petite Ai and LittleFee for size, color and body comparison:
      [​IMG]

Here's her back view:
      [​IMG]

And front view:
      [​IMG]

Here she is sitting unassisted on the edge of my kitchen counter:
      [​IMG]

Here's a pose:
      [​IMG]

Here's a close-up of her little flat feet:
      [​IMG]

And here are her chubby little hands:

[​IMG]

That's it for now. If I missed answering any questions or anyone has any other photos requests, please let me know! She really is a sweet little doll!

19. Her ears look really low on her head?

Is there any movement in her upper torso so the joint at the waist has meaning?

Whats the head movement range like? can she look down and up and hole her head in different positions?

Compared to LF her head looks so small!!

thanks for the comparison pics!!

20. Hi TreeLore, you are correct. Her ears are really low on her head! I hadn't noticed that since her wigs hides them.

She does have some movement in her uppper torso at the waist joint but it's not a huge range. She can bend a bit to each side and forwards.

Her head posing is good-she can look all the way down and her chin touches her chest. She is able to hold different head poses quite well. She cannot look up very far.

And yes, her head is a lot smaller than LittleFees. I actually have had a hard time with some size 6-7 wigs with LF if the wigs don't run large-ish since LF heads are just a tad under 7 inches.

There are also some real color differences in the resin that are difficult to show in the photos. My LittleFee is normal skin and she looks really ruddy in comparison to the other two. Fleur and my Petite Ai are much paler.