1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Peapod Dolls Feedback (2010)

Feb 2, 2010

1. Peapod Doll Feedback

http://www.peapoddoll.com/

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

2. * What did you order? Peapod Special Christmas uniorn Hooves
      * When did you order? Jan. 18th, 2010
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Direct from the company
      * How was the communication? N/A
      * How easy was it to pay? Simple Paypal checkout ^^
      * How long did it take to ship? I had it arrive in just five days from ordering!
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes :3
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very ^^
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Without hesitation!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? At the price they're going at and with the prompt shipping, probably not :3 Market place users don't reduce the price of stuff much.

3. * What did you order?
      unicorn parts set for YO-SD size dolls
      * When did you order?
      30 - 12 -2009
      perfect!!
      very easy,I used paypal!
      (I ordered through Peapod site & it sent me directly to paypal)
      It shipped at 31 - 12 - 2009 and it was here at 8-1-2010
      Yes it was !!
      Yes it was exactly the same !!
      Yes,I am truly satisfied !!
      -
      Yes,I will !!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      If I couldn't find them new & they where in a good condition yes

4. * What did you order? unicorn hooves
      * When did you order? 1/14
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? directly from the own er of the company(?) i ended up placing the order via eamil with peapdodoll.gmail.com
      * How was the communication? wonderful! i wanted the unicorn hooves in white skin, which wasn't an option onthe website when I ordered, but they were able to answer all my neurotic questions and help me put my order through.
      * How easy was it to pay? very easy, through paypal
      * How long did it take to ship very fast! they provided tracking so i could watch it go through customs and arrive. i think it went out the very next day i paid and it arrived very quickly.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yup
      * Were you satisfied with the product? very!
      * Would you order from this company again? yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? i think i would if i can see pictures of it beforehand to make sure it's in good shape.

5. * What did you order?
      SD size ballet feet, toe pads, and white ballet shoes.
      * When did you order?
      Beginning of Feb. 2010
      Directly through the company.
      Difficult. I got barely got a reply from them when I asked for an address change (which I asked for right after I placed the order.) They ended up replying to me right before the package shipped confirming my address change to the new one but still sent it to the wrong/ old address.
      Easy
      5 weeks
      Yes- very high quality
      Yes
      Very satisfied
      Yes
      Yes

6. I ordered from Peapoddoll and was extremely pleased with the whole transaction!

* What did you order? SD ballet feet
      * When did you order? on March, 7th
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? directly from the company
      * How was the communication? OK
      * How easy was it to pay? easy as pie ;) (although the "pay" button opened a chinese-language page and I would have preferred being redirected to an english-language one...)
      * How long did it take to ship? I was notified about shipment on March, 13th; package delivered on March, 23th
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? totally worth the price
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? exactly
      * Were you satisfied with the product? I did the happy dance :sumomo:
      * Would you order from this company again? no doubt :)
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? possibly

7. * What did you order? SD Ballet feet with toe cap and ballet shoes.
      * When did you order? Beginning of March.
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly through the company.
      * How was the communication? Didn't have any cause to communicate with them.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy!
      * How long did it take to ship? Two weeks, about.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Oh yes! For the quality, it was very reasonably priced.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Oooh yes, I definitely am.
      * Would you order from this company again? In an instant.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes.

8. Peapod dolls contacted me shortly after I received the SD ballet feet I ordered apologizing about the mix up on the address. They even sent me two ballet pointe shoes (pink and black) as an apology gift even though they didn't need to. They were very sincere with their apology and I feel they went above and beyond to assure me of this mixup.

9. * What did you order?
      1/6 Brown Hooves and Horns

* When did you order?
      4/17/10

Through the company website.

I had no need to communicate.

Paypal was very easy!

I got it in a week! It said it needed 2-4 so I was shocked!

My doll isn't here so I can't test it, but looking at it, they're beautiful!

Yes!

So far, but once again, he's not here to use them.

N/A

Maybe. Depends on what they have in store for the future! :3

I'd rather get it first for such fast shipping! :3

10. * What did you order? Basic Goat Hooves for YO SD in Snow skin
      * When did you order? April 29th, 2010
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Direct from the company.
      * How was the communication? I didn't need to take contact with the company. They updated the paypal order status with a tracking number when they had shipped my order
      * How easy was it to pay? Really easy with paypal! ^^
      * How long did it take to ship? Peapod shipped my order the day after! And the package arrived in Sweden two days later <3
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yep!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes ^.^
      * Would you order from this company again? Absolutely!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I don't think so. I had a great experience buying directly from Peapod Doll so if I want something more I will buy directly from them again.

11. * What did you order? NS ballet feet and white ballet shoes
      * When did you order? 21 April 2010
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Through eBay with Buy it now
      * How was the communication? Fine
      * How easy was it to pay? Straightforward with PayPal.
      * How long did it take to ship? They shipped the shoes on 27 April which is fine
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very much
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, except that I ordered the wrong colour feet - my fault! Jyh-haur was very helpful and I returned the NS feet to the artist, who sent me replacement white feet soon after.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? With great efficiency, considering it was my mistake!
      * Would you order from this company again? Definitely :)
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

12. I can not say enough good things about Peapod. They were just so nice to deal with! Peapod is one of the first companies that answered me within a few hours and got the ball rolling. I adore them!

* What did you order?
      Faun legs/horns

* When did you order?
      June 24

Directly from the company

Fantastic! I wanted to special order brown hooves and white horns and they responded promptly and told me it was no problem whatsoever!

Used Paypal - was super easy.

4 days - items arrived following Monday on the 28th

Definitely

Exactly

Ecstatically satisfied

N/A

Of course!

Yes

13. :whee: I'm so happy to have my hoovies~

* What did you order? Peapod Doll 2010 Winter Event Reindeer hooves
      * When did you order? January 20th 2010
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Directly from Peapod Doll
      * How easy was it to pay? They use Paypal, so super easy
      * How long did it take to ship? My hooves shipped on the 28th! Only eight days, during their Winter Event. I was impressed, it was so much faster than the wait time listed on their website. Everything was also very nicely packed.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely. The magnets included with the horns are very strong, I actually had trouble pulling the two 'under wig'/spare magnets apart! The resin feels really nice, there isn't a seam on anything. The sculpting is also nice and neat. Very professional.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so!
      * Would you order from this company again? Without a second thought.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Unless they're at a substantially lower priced, I'd prefer to deal with Peapod Doll themselves- they're great!

14. * What did you order? Peapod WS 1/3 Ballet feet, toe pads, white ballet shoes and Swan Lake outfit.
      * When did you order? About 2 weeks ago
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Direct from company
      * How was the communication? There wasn't any, they have an automated cart system. They notified me when the item was shipped via paypal.
      * How easy was it to pay? Yes, I paid with paypal. They use the Chinese/Taiwanese(?) Paypal site, but this presented no problems.
      * How long did it take to ship? About 2 weeks, which was quicker than they stated. EMS shipping is used.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Excellent! Very well priced and good quality. Clothes quality is slightly better than expected for the price.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes, I plan to order some Normal Skin feet eventually.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I'd rather buy direct.

A few notes that may be useful to other buyers, but in no way reflect any complaint with the company, who's products I am very pleased with.

Their White Skin is a slight shade yellower than Volks LE WHite Skin UV Protect (2010.) It is not noticeable unless you look closely and doesn't bother me at all.

The Swan Lake outfit is a bit too big for SD10 body and may fit SD13 better. The bust is slightly too large and the torso too long. It is still wearable and certainly no worse than other SD10/SD13 outfits, but something to keep in mind.

15. * What did you order?
      Two pairs of ballet heel feet
      * When did you order?
      In April 2011
      Directly through the company
      Great!
      Very easy--the website is very straightforward, and easy to use. I just paid with Paypal.
      Very fast--I think I received my items in two weeks. It was amazing.
      OMG yes!! They were even better than I was expecting. Plus the snow skin is a great match to Peak's Woods white skin. And they were easy to attach!
      Exactly! And the items are very heavy, which you can't see that in the photo--it's very high quality!
      Very much! I just love them.
      In an instant! And I'm recommending them to every collector I know!
      I might--I'm sure they would wear very well. But honestly, I'd rather buy them new. The prices are so reasonable, and the shipping times are fast. I'd really rather support the company.

16. * What did you order?
      A yosd mermaid tail in pearl gold.
      * When did you order?
      7-10-2013.
      Directly from the company.
      Good, the tail was not listed, so I asked if I could buy the tail without the upper body and they agreed. The communication was clear and quick.
      Easy, they send me a paypal invoice.
      They shipped it out on 20-11-2013.
      Excellent, I love it!
      I wasn't sure wich kind of tail I was going to get and the pearl gold option could only be seen as a swatch. I didn't really care, I just wanted a mermaid so bad. Before the doll was shipped I saw the new pearl gold tails photo's on bjd collectasy. Mine looks exactly like that.
      Yes!
      Sure.
      Yes.