1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie Feedback (ALL)

Sep 20, 2007

1. Where to buy:
      Bobobie - Original
      BJDollMall - Canada
      *SOON* JunkySpot - US (mid october)

Since I ordered my last doll from there,
      I'd like to put up a thread!

Basics:

Ordered Through?
      BJDollMall, Canadian Rep.

What did you order?
      A 60cm Bobobie Apollo full doll.

How was the communication?
      The communication with Lucia was GREAT :D
      She replied very quickly and helped me along the way.
      Even put up with all my questions.

Dennis from Bobobie is great with communication also <3

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy!
      I put down a preorder, and then paid the rest later,
      very smooth.
      She even let me choose my own kind of shipping,
      and went out of her way to get it there.

How long did it take to ship?
      Well, they are located in Canada,
      and I'm in the US,
      so it could have taken two weeks or so.
      But I paid for two-day FedEx,
      and it arrived perfectly!

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Very worth the price!
      Bobobie dolls are very inexpensive,
      and some people might call them cheap -
      but having owned one myself I find them amazing!

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Well..
      The company pictures do the dolls no justice.
      Every doll I has seen from them
      looks much better than the pictures!

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Very satisfied!!
      He is just amazing <3
      And going through the process was great!

2. * Ordered Through? BJDollMall
      * What did you order? BBB Sprite, a pair of shoes, a pair of eyes.
      * When did you order? Sometime in 2007
      * How was the communication? Fantastic!! They replied to all my questions patiently and notified me of everything.
      * How easy was it to pay? It was really easy. She took Western Union, which is the most convenient way for me to pay.
      * How long did it take to ship? They shipped her days after I paid. :D
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, it was excellent!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?It looked better. ;)
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so!

3. *Ordered Through? Directly thru Bobobie Site

*What did you order? WS 43cm Sprite

*When did you order? Sometime early 2008 Feb-March

*How was the communication? Fantastic!! Dennis was terrific to deal
      with and made the whole experience for a noob very pleasant.

*How easy was it to pay? It was easy. Asked Dennis how he wanted
      the funds for the doll and he said PayPal and I asked for his Paypal info
      and sent the funds that afternoon.

*How long did it take to ship? Dennis had her shipped the next day
      after I paid. I paid for her on Thursday I think, and she arrived on
      Tuesday of the next week. She was apparently on hand when I ordered.

*Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, it
      was excellent!

*Did the item look like the sales pictures? Absolutely but loads better.
      The pix are okay, but do not adequately display or convey the quality or
      beauty.

*Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so! I now have 2
      and am looking to get a 3rd one.

- ShadowHawke -

4. Ordered Through? Directly from Bobobie
      What did you order? Two Sprites on mature bodies, one NS and one LT
      When did you order? August 2008
      How was the communication? Perfect. Dennis was really really nice and helpful.
      How easy was it to pay? Very easy, no problems at all.
      How long did it take to ship? Not sure . . between 3 and 4 weeks I think.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely. It was perhaps even better than I expected.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? It actually looked much better.
      Were you satisfied with the product? 100%

All in all it was a great experience and I can't recomend Bobobie enough. I'll probably buy at least one more doll from them.

Dustbunnie

5. Bobobie Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

6. thank you for the feedback! Was planning on buying from Bobobie as well. Nice to know that they're a good company ^^

7. * What did you order?
      Normal Skin Espree Mature body with default faceup

* When did you order?
      Around 12th Dec 2008

From BBB's site; from Dennis

Great! Dennis is really nice and he will try his best to reply to his customers' questions. :)

Easy with Paypal.

Dennis said he shipped the doll around Monday/Tuesday (5th or 6th Jan) but I didn't expect her to arrive too soon because I thought the journey from other country takes a while!! XD She arrived on Wednesday (7th Jan) :3

Great~ I like it very much even it's my first doll!

Yup~ Better~

Yup~ ^o^

n/a

definitely if got money. :)

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Depends on the current quality+price offered tho.

Dennis even gave me a free pair of shoes! cool!

8. * What did you order?
      White skinned Sprite with faceup

* When did you order?
      11/28/2008

Directly from the company.

It was fair enough ^^ I mean, there wasn't any personal conversation but I was notified when he was on his way and so on. It was good.

Fairly. I got all messed up at one point 'cause I was so excited and I had my grandma with her credit card looking slightly distressed beside me.

They shipped him on 12/19/2008 and he came on 12/21, maybe 22 (I wasn't there, he was shipped to my grandparent's). So 4-5 days, as they'd promised ^^

Oh, YES! Except... well... the joints are a bit kinky and his elastic basically sucks, but other than that, yeah, it was wonderful ^^

He looks even more beautiful than in the sales pictures, I just wish Bobobie put more pictures of their dolls up there.

It being my first doll, yes VERY satisfied. His skin isn't as scuff-resistant as I'd planned, though, so the inside of his thighs and a bit outside and down his calves have slight scuff marks that bother me, but I think it's my fault anyway.

I really, don't know, since it WAS sorta my fault XD

I'm planning to in June ^_-

Yes, I probably would.

*laughs* He gave me free shoes, too, Azuria. ^^

9. * What did you order?
      BBB 60cm female body in NS

* When did you order?
      1/19/2009

Dealer. DDE

With DDE, pretty nice! Never talk to BBB.

With DDE, pretty easy! just type in CC info.

Less than three days after placing order, but my order was in-stock at that time.

At first, I didn't think so. BBB body came with loose string. Body had difficulty standing on her own. So I have to restring the body and replace the cord myself. Also hot-glue sueding too.

The picture was not that clear on BBB's website.

At first, no. But after "fixing" the body, yes! Only her lower leg was too long..

Maybe, not sure.

Maybe, if needed!

10. * What did you order?
      bobobie mei in NS with faceup on the resin soul body
      * When did you order?
      January 7th
      ordered from DDE
      Really great, I had a few questions before i ordered her, and they were happy to answer all of them
      really simple, nothing was really confusing or misleading, all explained right on the site
      about three weeks, she got here on january 28th
      I think so, she needs some work, like sueding and perhaps restringing, but everything else is realy wonderful! Her hands look better than some more expensive dolls i've seen.
      The sales picture did not do her justice, she is so much more beautiful in person!
      yes!!!!
      Definatley!!!!
      Yes

11. What did you order?
      White skin Song, 1/4 body with default faceup

When did you order?
      I ordered and paid on 09th January 2009

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly on Bobobie Doll Mail web

The Bobobie´ Song was my forth doll. The communication with Bobobie was the worst I know so far. After a while from my order I send them mail, asking if they know, how long it will take - never been answered. After that failure I placed the same question on Bobobie forum. My question was first answered after 7 days. But that time, I was understandable, it was time of asian New Year. After month of waiting I asked again, I was aswered after 6 days. Bobobie said - "We will ship this week. Very sorry for late shipping." After that, I was waiting for notice from Bobobie, that my order is on the way, but it was never sent to me :(. Fortunately my Song arrived in that week, like they said, but without me knowing he is on the way.

So communication was the worst ever I known.

How easy was it to pay?
      Paypal.

I ordered and paid on 09th January 2009, my order arrived on 27th February - 50 days.

Well, the doll was cheaper for sure, so I should say rather yes.
      From all my dolls Song is the poorest.

I would like to mention here the way, my Song was packaged. He was in paper box which was cut in half, were his legs was gathered up. I couldn´t believe, he wasn´t damage in this way!!! And I couldn´t believe that company don´t have enough to send dolls in full paper box!!

Rather yes, but Bobobie don´t have good photos on their web, so I can´t tell clearly about faceup or body.

The Song is very sweet doll in my eyes and I am glad I bought him. The only thing is the customer servis - in my eyes and after this experience with Bobobie, I won´t ever buy from them. The quaility of the doll is rather less, the faceup is very basic, the body isn´t build very good in my opinion - in comparison with my other dolls. The joints are simply, the legs in hips area are oddly sized.

Well, I will send my Song for new, better faceup and will try with sanding improve his moving in hips. I don´t know, if it will work of course.

Would you order from this company again?
      definitely not.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      No.

12. * What did you order? I first ordered a pair of white boots and a BBB X-mas doll but after seeing photos here I changed my order to a BBB Mei
      * When did you order? December but changed the order in early January
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? From BBB
      * How was the communication? Not so great not horrible
      * How easy was it to pay? very, paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? very long. arrived today but I expected a delay due to change in order. Still more than 2 months since change.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes for Mei but not the boots. They were not the boots I ordered and the boots they shipped were white with very dark smugges on each. Unsellable. If they had sent the wrong boots in good condition they I could have sold them and would not be annoyed.
      Also shipping was awful! They folded her in half to stuff her into a tiny size box. I understand that they need to customs to look at the box but if they had damaged the doll......
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Don't care a huge amount now. I will order through DDE next time.
      * Would you order from this company again? As above
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? yes

13. * What did you order?
      NS Bobobie Mei, Black Boots and Dress#2 (Lolita style)

* When did you order?
      First week of Febreuary

I ordered directly from Bobobie.

The communication was fair.
      They answered all of my questions within three days and answered them kindly.
      They did falsely say they would send her a few times, but I suppose I don't really know what goes on over there...

Extremely. ^_^

... Two months.
      I got her the last week of March.
      It was a brutal wait and I was repeatedly told "we will send her next week" or "In a few days" for a few weeks.

The quality was good for the price. They even gave me kitty shoes. The dress was a bit big but it was made for a Bobobie body not a thin resinsoul one. The boots are also a bit big, but they seem okay on her.
      I'm a bit disappointed in her sitting ability, but I knew that before she came.
      Her right leg annoys me a bit, something about proportion, but she stands wonderfully. She stood for me on the first try, which means they strung her well. She can go on her knees and even sit normally if she leans against something like a wall or pillow.

The picture on the site did not do Mei justice. She looks ghostly beautiful in that picture, I admit, but in real life she is the most darling and beautiful thing in the world! Mesmerizing... I find myself just going over her face. It's splendiferous!

I am quite satisfied, she's quite the exceptional doll. I would recommend these dolls to anyone, they are gorgeous and I believe we should see more of them!
      Really, everything was good except for these things:

• They gave me the wrong color eyes; I specifically asked for Green Acrylic eyes and the sent me brown. Since it was suppose to be random and free anyways, I suppose it doesn't matter as much as if I had paid for them.
      • Her knees do bother me. She stands perfectly, poses wonderfully, looks gorgeous, but her legs seem strange and I just can't put my finger on it...
      • It took so long for her to be made. I don't mind the waiting but they kept saying they'd send her when they didn't...
      The eye color I'm not bothering to deal with, I'll just buy new, better eyes. I was planning to anyways.
      Her knees don't affect the quality of posing in the doll, so I don't really think it's worth while.
      Now that she's here, the months seemed to fly by quickly and it gave me something to look forward to...

Definitely! But I only planned to buy Mei and that was it.

Absolutely! I'd buy the product second-hand. These dolls are quite affordable and I've heard of a person buying a Sprite for $9... Lol.

14. * What did you order?
      BBB sprite ns. for my daughter.

* When did you order?
      11-4-2008

directly.

good they answered my mails quickly.

easy, i payed by banktransfer.

she arrived 12-13-08

oke accept for the badstringing

i think it looked oke.

my daughter was very content with her.

yes

maybe

15. * What did you order?
      Sprite
      * When did you order?
      From Company
      Good
      Easy
      40 days
      yes
      yes
      yes

No-way!, She was posted folded in a half:o in a box, in a half of box!!!!!!!:...(
      Yes

16. What did you order?
      Sprite (Lilac)

When did you order?
      May 9th.

Through a distributor (the doll was in stock and ready to ship).

Not necessary really ...

How easy was it to pay?
      Simple and straightforward paypal checkout.

Shipped the next business day.

Definitely! She is not as nice or detailed as say a Volks or DOD doll, but she's 1/3 to 1/4 the price.

More or less. The skin color is called "lilac" but the pictures looked really gray, so I wasn't sure what to expect. She is in fact a dusky purple, not gray.

Yep! She's great. My only complaint is that her knees and elbows are extremely pointy when bent, clearly showing even through clothing, and the three-part torso makes her kind of floppy. But she was cheap so :)

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

Yeah, if I need another elf-like character...

Probably not. Going through the distributor worked well and was hassle free (the doll arrived in less than a week from sending the payment) so there is no incentive to risk a possibly damaged product...

17. * What did you order? Bobobie Tiny Moony

* When did you order? April 25th 2009

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Direct from Bobobie

* How was the communication? Very good, my questions were always answered within a matter of days.

* How easy was it to pay? You can use paypal and order the moment you've decided which baby you want and what color/with or without makeup.

* How long did it take to ship? She arrived June 3rd 2009. It took about 5 and a half weeks.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Her quality is amazing. Her face is very detailed and photogenic, she doesn't even look like a tiny doll. Her poseability is also amazing, they sent her strung just right.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? They changed her face-up a bit, I'll post pictures of the difference.

* Were you satisfied with the product? I am. I was a bit confused by the change in makeup, and also how she arrived. She was in her sleeping bag and bobobie box, but there was no outer protection. She was just in a bag. Also she had a huge dent in her box, but she was not damaged by it.

* Would you order from this company again? Yes, but I would probably complain about Moony's packaging and demand my next doll have more protection, and fewer dents in the box... Also I would enquire if the face-up would match the website photos.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? They seem like they would survive some punishment but I suppose it depends on who I'm buying from.

Original website photo:
      [​IMG]

Her actual faceup (she's on the left;)):
      [​IMG]
      Just the eyebrows are different, really.

Her box damage (the box was taped shut originally, this photo is for dramatic purposes:doh but that is the actual dent in the side.):
      [​IMG]

18. What did you order?
      A normal skin Mei
      When did you order?
      5-31-08
      Through a dealer-JunkySpot
      There wasn't really any beyond getting the email receipt from the company, which I got quickly (like within a matter of minutes) and the shipping notice (also received within a matter of minutes).
      How easy was it to pay?
      As easy as it always is to pay via paypal.
      I got the shipping notice within minutes of ordering, the first update to the tracking was the next day, and I got the doll today.
      Very much so. I'm quite happy with the doll.
      With the exception of the sales photos being of a white skinned doll, and my ordering a normal skinned doll. But that's not the fault of the company.
      Yes.
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      This was not an issue.
      If they came out with another mold I like, certainly.
      Yes.

19. * What did you order?
      A NS Mei and the #6 MSD boots.

* When did you order?
      The 29th of June. She shipped on the 3rd and arrived on the 7th of August.

Directly from Bobobie.

Quite good. I only asked one question on the forum and they replied to me pretty quickly. They accidentally forgot the boots I ordered but did include a cute pair of kitty shoes, so when I asked if there'd been a mix up Dennis responded quickly to clarify that the kitty shoes were a gift (<3!), they were sorry for forgetting the boots, that they'd send me a free pair if I order another doll and also that they'd refunded me for them. Definitely no complaints. ^^

Easy as pie. Credit card via Paypal.

About a month.

Absolutely. Her resin is smooth and seamless and she has beautiful little details.

She's far, far prettier than the sales pictures. Her hands in particular are lovely, which you can't see in the headshot that's up presently. I hope they have time to put up some newer photos that do their dolls justice one day.

Definitely. She's strung too loosely to stand and I'm too much of a newbie to do anything about it yet, but I'd rather she be a bit floppy than have arrived damaged. ^^

-

Absolutely!

They're inexpensive enough that I'd probably just buy directly from Bobobie again.

20. * What did you order?
      NS Mature Sprite w/faceup

* When did you order?
      May 2009

Through a dealer; Junkyspot

Efficient. Shipping notification and tracking number were sent immediately.

Paid through PayPal, so very easy.

The doll shipped w/in 5 days of payment, took about another week and a half to arrive.

Yes. I have seen more expensive dolls that, IMO, aren't as attractive. She didn't pose or stand out of the box, but that is easily fixed.

Yes, although the Bobobie website has very poor pictures of their dolls; I got far more information from the photos that Junkyspot took than the "official" ones from Bobobie.

Overall, yes. I immediately re-strung and hot glue sueded her, which took care of her standing / posing problems. (I didn't have to replace her string, just tightened it a LOT.)

The Sprite has a very attractive and delicate facial sculpt, which was my primary reason for purchase.

She has a problem with her belly popping out. Hot glue seemed to have fixed that alright.

My biggest complaint are her wrist joints / hands. Her hands seem a little unnaturally posed, but delicately formed. However, she has a very limited range of movement in her wrists! Why make such gentle hands and then prevent her from using them??

n/a

Yes. Especially if they fix the wrists and tummy pop!

Sure, if the price was right.