1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel of Dream Feedback (All)

Feb 13, 2010

1. COMPANY NAME
      * What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

PLEASE STICK TO THE FACTS!

2. ANGEL OF DREAM
      * What did you order? AoD An
      * When did you order? Early January
      * How was the communication? Not bad. No notable problems.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy, used Paypal. Kidra risirthid helped me a lot on that front.
      * How long did it take to ship? Not long at all. He actually arrived earlier than expected.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. i'm quite satisfied with the price i paid for him, although I was a bit sad the eye putty they sent was kinda useless.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yup! An is even nicer in person.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very. He's strung just right and the detailing is quite impressive. I also got a nice set of swirled brown glass eyes.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? If they come out with a new doll that I absolutely fall in love with, yes.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I think so. I'm still new at this though. ^^;

3. * What did you order? LeLe Tiny NS-Pink Head
      * When did you order? January 19
      * How was the communication? They replied within a day or two of each inquiry
      * How easy was it to pay? Very simple--through paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? Here is where there is a slight problem. When I asked how long the head would take to reach me, they told me about 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, I emailed them, asking for the tracking number. They said, 'Maybe next week.' I waited. Nothing. Then at 3.5 weeks, I emailed them again, asking if he was shipped yet. They said 'It's Chinese New Year now and we won't ship until after.' So, now it's taken over a month. I email on Feb 24 (2 days after Chinese New Year) and ask if he'll be shipping or has shipped and what's the tracking number. They reply after 2 days and say that they'll ship him the following day and will send a tracking number. I wait and nothing. Then, I email again and they reply with a tracking number. Yay!!! I try to track it but it never works. Five days goes by--turns out the package was never brought to the postal office or delayed for some reason there, they say?. 0_o On Mar 1, I finally am able to track it, saying it's been accepted to their postal system. Yay!!!!!!!! Then, on March 5, AoD emails me and says they sent me the wrong head! They said they are now reshipping a new head and provide a new tracking number. So, once again, my Lele gets delayed, but I have him now..... ^^ So all's well that ends well. ^^
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? The quality is very nice.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, the correct head was perfect!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? He's adorable!!! I love him!!!
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes, I'd likely do so.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, if I needed an AoD. ^^

4. COMPANY NAME
      * What did you order?
      MSD 1/4 body girl-WHITE
      * When did you order?
      Layaway done on 22 March 2010
      Good at first but they didn't pay attention to my request.
      Edited: Ok...they offered a solution...I keep this unchanged until the solution is done...
      Easy
      29 March 2010 was shipped the replacement body was sent 2-3 weeks after payment
      Yeah
      in terms of figure, poseability, yes
      in terms of figure and poseability, yes. Color? mmm...I asked for a WHITE but it looks pinkish to me
      I emailed them twice (no reply until now) + 1 in msg board The company offered a great solution and commit to it 100%
      Edited: since they resolved the issue in a great way, i might order from them again BUT I guess, i really don't want to change my order in the middle again (it even wasn't in the middle anyway...I don't know why, they missed my instruction. Perhaps "english" issue.). The company might miss it again no matter what. Better play safe...
      NO. The price is already great for the quality...so, I'd rather save my money or do layaway for new product...

5. Angel of Dream
      * What did you order? Wangzi boy
      * When did you order? 5/5/10
      * How was the communication? Great, all emails answered within 24 hours
      * How easy was it to pay? easy- paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? No shipping confirmation, so not sure, received the doll in 23 days though
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? much better
      * Were you satisfied with the product? yep
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a
      * Would you order from this company again? yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I'd prefer to buy new

6. Angel of Dream [AoD]

* What did you order?
      AoD 1/3 Juli
      * When did you order? Purchased her on 2 July 2010.
      * How was the communication? Communication was fantastic. I bought her through a dealer, but contacted AoD first to make sure they were legitimate. AoD thanked me for being so concerned and assured me they were. Contact with the dealer was brilliant as well. I asked for the same eyes from the promo-shots and they were happy to accommodate me.
      * How easy was it to pay? Via PayPal. Easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? Very quickly! She shipped on the 20th. I received her on the 24th.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? In my opinion, she's prettier. The faceup they did (I had her factory done) was utterly exquisite.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? She has a small mark on her nose, but I'm okay with it.
      * Would you order from this company again? Definitely. From both the dealer and the company.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I think so. But I do like having something new too. ;^)

7. Angel of Dream [AoD]

* What did you order?
      SMG- Female Version two
      * When did you order? 2nd July 2010
      * How was the communication? a little slow but not a problem
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy; Paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? shipped 200710 arrived 280710
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Oh yes! well actually the quality is superb.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes! Better! no seam lines, lovely resin, gorgeous body shape.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? yes.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? she's very tightly strung so I can't check out her posing. Have to wait until I get brave enough to try fixing it.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? No reason not to, except the new price is very good.

8. * What did you order?
      MSD - Wang Zi w/ face-up

* When did you order?
      13 July 2010

Average. Their reply time to a question on shipping was four days and the updates took up to two days. Otherwise no trouble.

Very easy; PayPal.

Shipping was very quick. Shipped on 10 August, delivered on 16 August (to Australia)

This is my first doll, but yes, definitely.

The promotional pictures aren't very good; they really don't do him justice! He's looks far better than what he appears to.

Yes, resin is smooth and without seems, the face-up was perfect and very elegant. I have a trouble getting him to stand but that may just be inexperience rather than loose stringing.

No problem.

If they came out with another product I loved, yes.

Yes.

9. ANGEL OF DREAM
      * What did you order?
      AoD 1/3 Juli
      * When did you order?
      January
      Not bad
      Easy, PayPal
      No delays, 8 days in Norway, it is good
      The quality is very good
      Much better
      Yes!
      N/A
      Yes I already have it! LeLe and MiMi. I get it in July
      I think so. If it is impossible to buy a new ...

10. Angel Of Dream

* What did you order?
      SMG-Ver. 2 Male Y-Normal Body

* When did you order?
      Oct 18th 2010

They responded to a message I left on their website's message board within a day or 2.

Very easy to pay with Paypal

Around 5 weeks. I don't really know when they shipped the item out because they never updated my order status on the website and I never got a tracking number.

Yes, the price was very reasonable for the item I purchased. The body looked nice and it was strung well.

Yes, although the body was very smooth and shiny, but I guess I didn't think it was going to be from looking at the photos.

Yes

N/A

I would buy from AoD again. I only wish they would update or remove the info on the male body page that reads - "Can be shipped within 2 week."

Yes

11. I ordered and bought TWO dolls from them so here is the information on them! Second doll's head was free due to the first one being during a celebration.

COMPANY NAME Angel of Dream
      * What did you order?
      MSD An in white
      * When did you order?
      November 12ish
      Splendid, they always got back to me the next day. They answered my questions promptly; when I asked if they could send me mismatched eyes they let me pick which ones and sent me TWO FREE SETS of eyes because they didn't have mismatched ones in stock! :D EXCELLENT SERVICE RIGHT THERE!
      Paypals easy but their credit card set up on their site was down so it was the only option
      Once shipped he was there with in a week (also 8days earlier than they had originally said he would be)
      Absolutely, he was perfect! All the complaints I had read about resin being uneven were not present in this doll, his body was completely seamless and smooth :3
      He was way better than the picture
      YES!~ There was a tiny issue but they were happy to fix it
      The issue was during shipping my boy's face mask had slid down (postal carrier had clearly dropped the box) and his face up was scratched. Even though it wasn't their fault they gave me discounted faceup price for my next purchase.
      Absolutely
      Depends on what maybe a body

COMPANY NAME Angel of Dream
      * What did you order?
      1/4 Body type 2 paired with free Min head
      * When did you order?
      December 29th ish
      Brilliant- they hadn't included a way to pick the free head for the event but were happy to deal with me when I asked about it.
      Paypal is easy as usual~
      There was a delay during ordering to pick face up and what not.
      Yes, the less expensive body is of course less expensive for a reason. Its much lighter than the current body they use but you get what you pay for. I paid half price for face up for this head- it was GORGEOUS! I am SO HAPPY with how beautiful his faceup looks! He looks nothing like the semi-atrocious doll on their site but the new artist really brought out the beauty I saw in the sculpt! :3
      Nope and thank god! :D
      absolutely!
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? maybe

12. * What did you order?
      Yuki NS-P 60cm on Male Type II Body; Izumi NS-P 60cm Head

* When did you order?
      Feb 11, 2011

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or
      dealer?

Directly through AoD

AoD replied within 48 hours of receiving my custom doll request. (Female head on Male body)

Very easy---through paypal

They shipped the items within a month.

The quality was wonderful, but I realized as soon as I opened the box that I should've stuck with my original order of a NS-Y skintone. I immediately contacted AoD to reorder another set, but this time in NS-Y.

Yes, exactly so or better.

Extremely satisfied once I received the NS-Y version a month after that. (April 17) He is PERFECT and the very image of the Japanese seiyuu (Hino Satoshi) the doll is a portrait doll of, just as I envisioned!

They made me a new set, in NS-Y and told me they'd 'rush' my order for me. ^^

Yes, if I have another AoD I'd like to purchase. ^^ They have lovely dolls.

Absolutely! No fear of buying anything AoD! ^^

13. * What did you order?
      Li Ge's head on boy's body in normal skin-Y

* When did you order?
      March 28, 2011

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or
      dealer?

Directly through AoD.

It was good until the problems with the order have started.

Easy – I used paypal.

They shipped the order within a month. Unfortunately they didn’t inform me when the order was shipped and didn’t change its status on their website, so I don’t know the exact date of the shipping.

I suppose it was.

Yes.

The doll itself is wonderful, although there was a problem.
      Apparently, the seller has stringed the doll too tight so doll’s leg was damaged – it had a big crack.

No, they didn’t. I’ve sent them a mail, telling about the problem and asking to send me a new leg instead of the broken one (and I’ve also included the photos). They told me that they would do it if I pay for the shipping and asked me to pay $40 (the EMS charge for my country is pretty expensive, yet I was surprised with the price – it’s just a leg, it’s not that heavy…). I’ve asked them to send the detail using the regular mail, telling that I didn’t mind the risks and the wait. They ignored the mail. I’ve written again – they didn’t answer. Today, when I told them that I’ll leave the feedback on DoA, they at last bothered answering, telling that they can’t use the regular mail. I wonder why did it take them three weeks to realize it?..

No, I don’t think I will.

I might.

14. * What did you order?
      AOD 1/6 Le Le (No face up) +Free Guai Guai head

* When did you order?
      May 18 2011

Didn't need to communicate.

Easy, PayPal

They have a new waiting period, they ship within 20 days. Mine did ship before the end of the 20 days, but I don't know when for sure. I didn't get a shipping notice, or a tracking number, the doll just showed up on my door step, on Day 22 after ordering. So it shipped fast anyway. However on their website, it still says my order is pending.

Yes, it is a very cute doll.

Yes.

Yes, but the packaging could have been better. The free head was just tossed in the box, not wrapped or anything. And the free head came kind of dirty. But no damage, and the head came clean easy.

Didn't contact them about the packaging, since nothing was damaged it wasn't too big a deal.

Probably, if there was another doll I wanted from them.

Sure.

15. * What did you order?
      AOD Tiny XI

* When did you order?
      october 4th 2011

it takes a while 2-3 days for them to respond

Easy, PayPal

a month and I got the wrong doll

for the price the quality is good

don't know not my doll

No, they sent me the wrong doll girls do not have penises

i have e-mailed them twice no response yet

undecided

yes

16. ANGEL OF DREAM
      * What did you order? Chi: Full doll with face-up
      * When did you order? November 2011
      * How was the communication? Slooooow. Very courteous and helpful when they replied, but I often had to wait a few days at least. Website status of order was also updated sloooowly (my doll is still listed as "Pending").
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy, used PayPal.
      * How long did it take to ship? It took longer than the "20 business days" promised, just over two months from ordering to receiving the doll. EMS shipping was pretty prompt.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes! He's lovely, doesn't stand up unassisted right out of the box but I think he will when sueded. Free glass eyes were quite nice.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?Yes, though I think he's better than the photos.
      * Were you satisfied with the product?Very.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? The doll didn't come with his free undies. I have contacted the company and they say they'll send them after 2/14, so hopefully they will. I'll come back and report.
      * Would you order from this company again? Probably, though I might choose JunkySpot instead if they had the doll I wanted available for the greater convenience.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Definitely.

17. I've noticed that the other feedback threads for this company are rather outdated, so I created this one for buyers to leave more current feedback. 2012 and beyond.

COMPANY NAME
      * What did you order?
      * When did you order?

PLEASE STICK TO THE FACTS!

18. COMPANY NAME: Angel of Dream
      * What did you order?
      Basic Super Jimi
      * When did you order?
      December 21st 2011
      Poor, they would respond to email/message board after 6+ days. Sometimes not at all.
      Paid through paypal. On their site they say they will update your pay status after 24hrs. This is not the case; it took 4 days to update.
      I'm still waiting. They said they would ship on the 8th-14th of February. The status of my order was not updated, but I did receive the doll jyst today, February 21, 2012. There was no email nor tracking number.
      Resin is smooth, light weight compared to my other dolls, tanning came out nicely.
      Better than the pictures, got a faceup for free as well.
      Yes
      They didn't. I have been trying to get in contact with them since before the 8th of February 2012.
      Not sure

No.

(More info about my experience with them, check out my blog in my sig)

19. COMPANY NAME: Angel of Dream/from a dealer on ebay.
      * What did you order? 1/3 girl body and high heel foot.
      * When did you order? Feb 2th
      * How was the communication? I bought from a dealer, so N/A.
      * How easy was it to pay? Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? about a month
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, actually I was very surprised. Beautiful sculpt (very light weight, but it's ok).
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? No, it was better.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, very much.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes, but only trough a dealer. I refuse to deal with AoD myself.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes.

20. COMPANY NAME: Angel of Dream

* What did you order?
      Tan SD Yuki
      * When did you order?
      February 23, 2012
      Up until recently, their communication was very good. Their representative, Alan, was very responsive to my e-mails. But, now that we are in the 5th month of my waiting, I cannot get him to respond to my requests for an update. (EDIT: After two weeks of trying to get an answer to my queries, AOD finally responded. It seems the mold for my Yuki had to be redone, and that is why the doll is taking so long.)
      It was very easy. Paid through paypal.
      Sadly, I am still waiting. I was told in April that my doll would ship shortly, but here we are in July, and I have not received my doll, or a response to my inquiries about a shipping date. (EDIT: No ETA yet. Again, Im told it will ship shortly. I seriously doubt I can believe this, since I was told my doll would ship soon back in April and that did not happen.)
      At this point "not applicable".
      N/A
      Unfortunately, I don't have the product to be satisfied with after 5 months of waiting! And, we are not talking about a limited doll; this is only a basic 1/3 doll.
      At the moment, my problem is a lack of communication, and AOD completely ignoring me! Im seriously thinking of contacting my credit card company and requesting a charge-back, if I do not get a response soon. I can deal with long wait times, but a company that ignores their customers like this is not worth my time or money! (EDIT: Finally got a response. I should have been informed the mold was broken, and allowed to decide if I wanted to continue with the purchase, instead of making me wait 5 months. I still have no idea when the doll will arrive.)
      I seriously doubt I will ever order directly from AOD again! It I want an AOD doll, I will buy through Happy House. They have wonderful customer service.
      It depends.
      Overall rating for this company: F (This rating is for their terrible customer service, questionable business practices, and horrible wait-times. Their dolls, on the other hands, are very nice.)