1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Elfdoll Feedback (ALL)

Sep 20, 2007

1. Elfdoll Corporate Store Feedback

Since I just received something from them, I will start with them. :)

What did you order?

Larger Boy Body

When did you order?

August 8th, 2007

How was the communication?

Great! As they do not normally sell bodies separately, I had to specially request it. Everything went great. :)

How easy was it to pay?

Paypal, no fuss.

How long did it take to ship?

About three weeks, I received the body on September 4th.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?

With the exception of a tiny bit of flaking on the left knee joint, it looks fabulous. Kasada is thrilled to have a body. :)

Did the item look like the sales pictures?

Yes, completely.

Were you satisfied with the product?

Yes. :)

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

~Anrui

2. What did you order?
      A standard Rainy Red and acrylic eyes

When did you order?
      December 16th, 2007

Good, I asked them quite a few questions and the customer service was always speedy and polite.

How easy was it to pay?
      No bother at all, just paid via paypal.

He was dispatched on January 22nd 08 and arrived on the 28th.

Absolutely, he was pretty inexpensive really, and the seams were sanded to perfection and he came with a nice pair of glass eyes, boxer shorts, and an extra pair of fist hands.

Yes

Very :)

-

3. Not standard feedback, but I felt that Elfdoll deserves the kudos for this:

My Catsy (who I got through a US dealer) somehow broke her arm. After sending Elfdoll pictures of the damage, they send me a new part and just billed me for shipping. They even offered that if I was not able to restring her myself that I could ship her to them and they would restring her for me. :)

4. What did you order?
      A standard Lydia (the new body) and two pairs of acrylic eyes.

When did you order?
      May 2nd, 2008

It was good. I asked one question and they got back to me quickly.

How easy was it to pay?
      Paypal is a lot easier to use than you may think as a first timer.

Under eight weeks. She shipped on June 24th.

Yes!! She looked exactly like what I was expecting!! Only better. :)

Exactly.

Yes, extremely.

N/A

5. Elfdoll Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

6. * What did you order?
      Alice Cherry Blossom Qee

* When did you order?

December 12, 2008

Directly from Elfdoll.

It started out well when they wrote to confirm my address, but after that they sent me the wrong tracking number. When I told them that my package had been delivered to somewhere in a vastly different state, they told me that they had given me the wrong tracking number and would look into it. I wrote a few emails to the person who had written to me to ask for the tracking number, but never received any response at all.

Very easy.

It was supposed to ship 12/15, but didn't ship until 12/26... meaning that this wasn't even close to being here in time to be given as a christmas gift. The unusually long EMS time isn't their fault, but I didn't receive the pig until after New Years.

Most definitely. The quality is great!

Exactly like them. :)

I was very satisfied with the product - it is a great little pig for a good price. The attention to detail is lovely and the sculpt is just like the BJD Alice.

They didn't. The pig was just shipped and I haven't received any communication from them at all.

Possibly - I think that the shipping issue was abnormal. And though the lack of communication was really frustrating, I don't think it's normal for them. I'd be willing to give them another chance if they had something that I really wanted.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

If there was something I wanted, definitely. I think the product quality is very nice!

7. Here is my old post from 2008: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265169

Since the new head finally arrived in 2009, I'm re-posting this thread....

* What did you order?
      Alice Cherry Blossom 5th Ed.

* When did you order?

September 2008

Directly from Elfdoll.

Started out great, then turned horrible. They ignored me rather than tell me what was going on. :...(

Very easy.

The pig originally took two months to arrive. Then her head was broken and it took Elfdoll another several months to send me a new one. All-in-all I think I waited about 5 months total. :o

Alice Cherry Blossom is much too expensive. She is an adorable doll, but dolls from other dealers (ie Pipos, Lati, edollfactory) are half as expensive and the quality is better.

Except for the messed-up eyelashes, which is common with Alices. Luckily the second head had good lashes. *_*

Yes. I love my Alice despite everything I went through.

They would never have solved my problem if I hadn't figured out that I needed to talk to Ms. Cholong, their N. American rep. If it hadn't been for her I think I never would have received the head. Ms. Cholong rocks! :D

No. freaking. way. If I absolutely had to, I would call Ms. Cholong and let her deal with everything, LOL.

Yes. I would buy Alice items through a reseller or second-hand. Don't deal with Elfdoll.

8. * What did you order?
      Twiggy Yumi Version 1

* When did you order?
      The day she was released

Since she was a Limited US release I ordered her through Denver Doll

Denver Doll is great to work with

Very easy. Denver Doll makes it painless

I don't have an exact count of days right now but it wasn't long

The outfit was very cheap compared to the dress they made for version two, and I received my doll with a bald spot on the upper lip of the open eyed face up.

Yes

No. I sent a picture of the defective face up to DDE so that they could report it and see what could be done about it. I'm not an artist and don't do face ups myself. For the price of the doll which I paid for the face up on the extra head, I shouldn't have gotten an uncomplete face up.

They haven't. Their response to DDE was that they "don't see an issue" with what I am asking to have fixed or replaced. DDE blew up the photo that I sent to them and re-sent the picture to Elfdoll. I have volunteered to send the extra head back to DDE so that they can see for themselves or take a better photo for Elfdoll.

Denver Doll, yes. Elfdoll NO!

I will not purchase another Elfdoll item ever.

9. * What did you order?
      Tiny Kai.

* When did you order?
      September 21, 2009.

I ordered through LoneStar Dolls, who is a dealer.

Excellent!

Very easy--I used Paypal.

Kai was in stock, and she shipped the same day! I received her on Wednesday, September 23, 2009. Free shipping, too!

Yes.

Yes--she's identical.

Yes!

N/A

Yes! I'm already planning my next Tiny doll purchase!

Yes, if I can find one!

10. * What did you order?
      Twiggy Yumi Version 1

* When did you order?

Not long after she was released (I went on a waiting list and someone pulled out of the sale so I was offered the doll)

Through Contemporary Artist Dolls

CA Dolls are excellent
      Very easy.

6-8 weeks

Never received the dress she was supposed to come with but the doll is beautiful

Yes

Generally yes but disappointed that I received an incomplete set (no dress)

They haven't. They sent the aweful pink dress from the second set. CA Dolls complained but that is all they would send. I can't PM Ms Cholong as he inbox is full.

CA Doll, yes. Elfdoll NO!

I will not purchase another Elfdoll item ever.

11. * What did you order?
      Elfdoll Rainy Standard Tasha

* When did you order?

September 30, 2009.

I ordered directly through Elfdoll's website.

There was no direct communication aside from automatically generated emails, but since there were no problems with the order whatsoever I didn't have a need for anything more. Their website did a good job of keeping me up to date on the order status.

Very easy, although if you pay directly with a credit card, as I did, you might want to notify your credit card company in advance. Apparently large transactions from Korea are sufficient to trigger fraud suspicion and have your account temporarily frozen. That aside, paying Elfdoll was quick and easy.

I received shipping notification on October 9th, 10 days after I placed the order. I was amazed! She arrived on October 13, so four days shipping overall, including a postal holiday on the 12th.

The doll is gorgeous and she was packaged very well, and came with eyes, hair, outfit, etc.

Yep, minus the faceup, which I did not order.

I am extremely satisfied. She is nicely finished, looks amazing pretty much straight out of the box, and has excellent detail.

N/A.

I had a completely seamless experience, so yes, I would buy from them in a heartbeat. The free shipping makes this doubly appealing.

Yes, I would, if it was something I wanted.

12. * What did you order?
      A blank Tasha head

* When did you order?
      the 16th of November, 2009

Directly from the company, only option.

Very good, there wasn't any need elaborate communication this time and I was pleased with the basics.

Very easy. I paid through Paypal. I also want to note that some how I paid twice by mistake (maybe I double tapped the button) I asked Elfdoll to refund the extra payment and within a few hours they did.

It shipped on December 12th, I recieved it December 16th, I was impressed by both dates!

Yes the head price is comparable or less than some others considering how lovely the resin is.

Yes! (Well perhaps better:))

Absolutely, this is my first purchase from Elfdoll, the sculpt is phenomenal, the cast is great with no sharp mold lines, the resin is very nice, they sent me a keychain which was a nice surprise, but my biggest surprise is that they sent the head on a lovely bust so I can sit her upright/enjoy and display her until I acquire her body! I'm so pleased!

No need I was very satisfied.

Yes, absolutely, without question!

I probably would!

13. * What did you order?
      A blank Aden head and a carry bag.

* When did you order?
      November 19, 2009

Direct from the company. I guess we don't have a choice now anymore, do we :sweat

I had a question on the Q&A board that took two days to get answered, but it wasn't a big deal. It was over a weekend.

Very easy. Just went through Paypal.

Exactly three weeks from the order date to ship, then five days in transit to me.

Absolutely! And like the above poster, I also got the head stand. It's not quite as steady as their previous head stands (as my poor, unfortunate K head learned), but it's certainly fine (as is the K's faceup after faceplanting) and good to have. It gives me a way to display the head while he waits for me to be able to afford a body. More companies should think of offering something like this.

Pretty much, only blank.

I am very satisfied. He is perfect ^_^ I'm not as thrilled with the carry bag. It's similar to a yoga bag, and I'm not sure how well the strap is going to hold up with extended use, but it's better than cramming the big kids into an MSD-sized carrier. They were all getting kind of sick of that.

Absolutely!

I have before, and I likely would again.

14. * What did you order?
      Three heads: a Reminiscence Tasha, a standard Hazy, and a Reminiscence Hazy.

* When did you order?

November 16, 2009.

Directly through their website.

It was good. I got impatient sometime around the beginning of January and left a post inquiring about the shipping schedule, and Oka responded within two days (over the weekend) and got me an answer right away. She's very friendly and helpful!

Payment was a snap. After the snafu I had with my credit card at my last Elfdoll purchase (my credit card's fault, not theirs), I paid through paypal this time, and it was quick and simple.

Shipping notice came on January 12, 2010, about eight weeks from the date I placed the order. I received the package January 14, so shipping itself was very fast this time around!

I think so. Heads don't come with all the little included extras like a full doll, but they did come with head stands (which I did not realize and almost had ordered separately), which was a really nice touch.

Yes.

I love them!

N/A.

Yes, absolutely.

Sure.

15. ELFDOLL: http://elfdoll.com/
      (you must be a member to access this site)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?

PLEASE STICK TO THE FACTS

16. elfdoll

* What did you order?
      2 tiny outfits (Catsy's)

* When did you order?
      January, 2010

Correct, using the board. They do not answer immediately, but they do answer.
      I recieved an email with the tracking number when the order was shipped.

very easy (paypal)

one month.

yes.

yes.

yes, because I also recieved a cute gift with my order. But I wish it was mentioned that the Catsys outfits do not fit the other tinies.

Nothing, I guess I should have ask before order. ;_;

yes.

yes.

17. * What did you order?
      One Rainydoll Wu head in the normal (girls) resin colour, one Reminisce Sooah head, two pairs of S-hook type Rainy girl hands, one [seed] SISSY NO. 3.

* When did you order?
      31st of January

Fast. I got a reply on a question I asked on the Q&A board within two days.

Easy with paypal.

A few weeks.

Yes.

Yes, but I received the magnet type hands instead of the S-hook type.

Yes.

I asked on the Q&A board if I received the correct order, because I received magnet type hands and not S-hook type hands and two Qee dolls. I got a reply saying that the S-hook hands were out of stock and it would take too long to recast them, so Elfdoll sent me magnet hands and two Qee dolls as a gift.
      As the magnet hands came with the S-hook parts I can use them and I don't mind the switch.

Yes.

Yes.

18. * What did you order?
      The recently revised Rainy girl's body in normal skin.

* When did you order?
      The 17th of February.

Excellent; whenever I had a question, Oka responded within a day or two on the Q&A board. :)

The same as any of the other companies I've ordered from.

I counted 46 days from when I ordered until arrival on the 3rd of April.

Oh god yes; both the engineering of the body and quality of the sculpt have drastically improved compared to previous versions.

Exactly like it. I also received the fist hands and a spare set of elastic that were neither pictured or mentioned. :D

Very much so!

N/A

Certainly.

I have several times in the past, so of course. ;)

19. * What did you order? Full set lovely Dami with a face up
      * When did you order? 13/02/2010
      * How was the communication? Very nice they replied quickly
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy via paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? It takes approx less than 2 months from the order until the shipment date (31/03/2010). And the shipment itself took 5 days. Could've been faster but there was easter holiday.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Worth it.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? exactly.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? When I received my doll the magnetic hand fell from its place but I'm still satisfied.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Nope.
      * Would you order from this company again? Sure
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Depends.