1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Oceanmoon Feedback (ALL)

Sep 8, 2008

1. I purchased an Oceanmoon Doll through their official Ebay account in late August, 2008. The model ordered was the Eun-Ryoung, with the additional magnetized kitty ear parts.

Their communication is excellent, employing a first-rate translator that greatly smoothed the process. They are continually friendly, and always looking to please the customer – for example, I asked if it was possible to add the Mong-Yu (sleeping) head to the order – they said yes. And when I asked how much it would be for face-up, they told me not to worry about it – for being the first to order both heads at the same time, they would throw in the face-up for free!

Despite these additions, the order was completed exceptionally fast, arriving today, September 8, 2008. They were also good enough to throw in some goodies, including candy and tea. I am more than satisfied; we can’t wait to order another doll from this wonderful company. We can only wish them continued and greater success. :)

Thanks, Oceanmoon!

(Admins: I didn't see a thread, manually looking or via the search engine, but if one already exists, you have my apologies.)

2. I can also back up how good Oceanmoon is as a company. I bought off Ebay this August as well.

The communication was very good, and she was shipped as soon as they said she would be. The doll itself was well packed and the box she came in was adorable!

I couldn't fault this company at all, and I am in fact planning on buying from them very soon hopefully!

3. I bought a special auction Shou-Ryu from Y!J over a year and a half ago and even with going through a shopping service he arrived very fast. She even included special tea and a lovely letter! I was very impressed with how well the make-up was done and how well-packaged he was.

4. Bought a Shou-Ryu from them, directly from the website, and had fantastic service and love the head :)

5. Good to hear! I was curious about this company.

6. Oceanmoon Dolls Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

7. :chocoberry I'm more than happy to leave very positive feedback for Oceanmoon :chocoheart
      I ordered Eun-Ryoung about 3 weeks ago directly from the Oceanmoon website. Responses from Oceanmoon were quick and concise. They told me how long the wait would be for them to make my doll and how long shipping would take. Payment was through Paypal without complications.
      She was made within two weeks. I was notified she would be shipped and it would take 5 days for her to arrive at my doorstep. She was delivered as promised.
      Eun-Ryoung is adorable, poses very well, and is quality throughout. I wouldn't hesitate to order from Oceanmoon again.:)

8. * What did you order?
      I ordered a normal skin Hwa-Lan head without face-up.

* When did you order?
      I ordered on August 14, 2009

I ordered directly from the company.

Their communication was wonderful. They updated me and let me know my order's progress.

Very easy with PayPal.

I believe the website stated that they'd ship out 7 days after payment, but he was shipped 3 days after I made the payment. Much sooner than I expected.

Definitely.

Yes.

Absolutely.

N/A

I would absolutely love to order from them again!

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      If I find it available second-hand, I would.

9. Just got my normal skin Hwa-Lan with face-up, purchased through Oceanmoon's e-bay account. Communication was great, shipping was very fast, and the item arrived safe and sound. Very happy with the quality of the sculpt. The face-up seems a little more subtle than in the photos, but I like it anyway. Definitely would be willing to buy from them again.

10. I ordered Oceanmoon's tiny Eun-Ryoung and recieve her 5 weeks later - almost to the day. The doll was one week late in shipment due to a hospitalization in Oceanmoon so they included extras in her box. Packaging was lovely and she came with a pillow an goodies.

They are extremely easy to communicate with, pleasant and have beautifully crafted dolls. I definitely recommend them and their products.

Box opening:
      http://picasaweb.google.com/virginiabeachmom/OceanmoonEunRyoung#5447825395031344114

11. Oceanmoon

* What did you order?
      50cm Bo-nee

* When did you order?
      During the preorder. Payment sent Jan 20, pre-order ran until Feb 20

The communication was good. Like Meridon mentioned there was a problem with shipment but I think the company worked hard to keep up communication

Pretty easy, paid with paypal. I was a little nervous about using the site, but everything worked out properly

She shipped later than anticipated due to a hospitalization of one of the staff.

Yep the quality is really nice

Yep she is just as cute and I have been able to get her to pose like the promo pics.

Yes
      Yes
      Most definitely. I love this girl, I'm scared that I'm going to need to buy her sister as well.

More information
      Box Opening:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?360205

Discussion thread with pictures:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?346128-◈OceanMoon◈-Bo-nee-Discussion/page3

12. * What did you order?
      an adorable normal skinned eun-ryoung.

* When did you order?
      march 8th. she was shipped out on the 17th, which was definitely not what i was expecting. so soon~!

directly from the company, as usual, even if i was a bit skeptical because i had never ordered from such a small company before. was totally worth the jump and i would do it again in a heartbeat.

excellent. they responded within the day of my question on if i can have her eyebrows be black instead of what they show on the website. they were more than happy to alter the color and even offered to style it differently!

fast & easy. no worries at all.

five days. i kind of flailed because i wasn't expecting her to arrive so soon.

most definitely. she can pose exactly like they have her on the website, though she does have issues with standing when wearing socks and shoes. that's not a really big problem, though, since she was definitely made to sit!

pretty much!

over 9000. like, a little TOO MUCH, probably. i keep gushing over how beautiful and adorable my little alyssa is. :aheartbea

--

yes, i really would like to do business with them again if they have another mold that's to my liking.

probably not, but only because i like ordering my things straight from the company. plus they're fast and happy to accommodate your needs, so why not buy it from them in the first place?

13. Oceanmoon

* What did you order?
      Shou-Ryu head

* When did you order?
      July 24, 2010

Just fine, through Oceanmoon's order board and then by e-mail when there was a production delay because of high heat & humidity in Korea.

Totally easy via Paypal.

About six weeks, because of the weather delay--not unreasonable at all, as far as I'm concerned. Oceanmoon apologized profusely for the delay, then upgraded to a more detailed faceup and sent a lovely Korean fan as an additional apology, but honestly, I didn't think any apology was necessary. I've waited longer than six weeks for most of my dolls and heads!

YES!! The head is beautifully sculpted and finished, and the faceup is very high-quality.

Even better.

100%

N/A

Yes, definitely.

Absolutely.

14. Oceanmoon

* What did you order?
      Ha-Nee
      * When did you order?
      I don't remember
      It was fine, I had trouble using hte order board so it was mostly email. But there communciation was still very good.

Paypal is generally easy. My only issue was using the ordering board it the instructions were a bit difficult to understand I had to have my friend who is not visually impaired order for me with my information. Because I was unable to make sure that I was understanding the instructions.
      It took about three weeks or so from when I ordered her two when I was able to get her as I ordered the Ha-nee I was like the third or fourth person so...she is amazing.
      YES!! Everything was amazingly done.

Even better.

100%

N/A

Yes, definitely.

Absolutely.

15. What did you order?
      Hwa-Lan head, NS, without face-up!
      When did you order?
      I paid the 23rd, but I ordered not long before that. XD
      How was the communication?
      Wonderful! I asked them a question via email, and it took them not too long to answer. Not to mention they're really kind. : )
      How easy was it to pay?
      I used paypal, so it was really simple!
      How long did it take to ship?
      Not too long. I paid the 23rd, they shipped the 29th, and it arrived today! : )
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Indeed! The head is of a great quality. <3
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      It was better than the sales pictures! I bought without face-up and I was scared that I would find it not as pleasing without because the pictures made me iffy. XD I've had a head without one before, but I don't mind it at all! He's beautiful!
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      Absolutely!
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A :3
      Would you order from this company again?
      Yes!!
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      I would indeed!!

16. * What did you order? A Shou-Ryu head with faceup.
      * When did you order? Early December.
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? I ordered through Wind Dolls.
      * How was the communication? Excellent! Emails were responded to promptly, sometimes even only an hour after I'd sent one.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy. Thank you, PayPal.
      * How long did it take to ship? It was sent out the very next day! It arrived about three weeks after being sent.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? It was. The scuplt is just lovely and the resin feels very good; smooth and thick. The faceup is beautiful and light. It looks very natural.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yep! In fact, I can pick out exactly which photo the faceup on mine was made to look like.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Definitely. He's perfectly gorgeous and I can't wait to get him a body.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Not applicable!
      * Would you order from this company again? Hmmm... Probably, if they release another sculpt I like.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I suppose I would.

17. * What did you order?
      Hwa-lan head, NS, no face up

* When did you order?
      Dec 27,2011 but I paid on Jan 4, 2012

Directly from oceanmoon.

Wonderful! within 24 hours, like they said on their board
      Very easy, through paypal

15-16 days I paid on Jan 4th, it was shipped on Jan 19th and arrived today Jan 21th

Definitely! My Hwa-lan is really stunning!

YES! He looks exactly like his promo pic.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

YES! If there is the sculpt that I like.

Probably not, I rather buy directly from the company.

18. * What did you order?
      Hwa-Lan 2nd Ed, Normal Skin, No face-up
      * When did you order?
      11th January 2012
      Directly from the company
      Communication was great
      Extremely easy, just had to use paypal to send a payment
      12 days, ordered on the 12th, arrived on the 23rd
      Yes
      Yes
      Very much so
      Without a doubt
      I would consider it, though I'd prefer to buy direct from the company due to the freebies

19. * What did you order?
      Sa-yu ShouRyu head in normal skin with faceup

* When did you order?
      29 September 2012

Directly from Oceanmoon

Fabulous! I knew what was happening every step of the way. Because I'd mentioned I had one of the open-eyed ShouRyu heads (and sent along a photo), Oceanmoon wrote back to explain the new resin recipe was a bit rosier compared to the former yellower one. She asked if I might prefer to get him to match my other ShouRyu, telling me it was no problem although it would add six weeks to have it cast. I was thrilled. I had a SD13 Volks body here waiting for him and the rosier hue would not have matched. How incredibly thoughtful!!

As easy as PayPal always is.

Everything went as projected. The doll arrived 24 November 2012. That included the extra time for discussing the resin match, casting and doing a faceup. The well-packaged EMS parcel was 3 days in transit from Korea to me.

High-quality dense and weighty resin. Very careful finishing. Wonderful. (She also told me this guy was first out of the mould!)

Yep. Better, even!

Extremely.

In a heartbeat.

I would. I have. My first ShouRyu, the open-eyed sculpt, came to me second hand. But purchasing directly from Oceanmoon is such a pleasant experience that I'd order through her if at all possible.

20. * What did you order?
      26cm doll Eun-Ryoung in Rosy Yellow (Normal) skin

* When did you order?
      July 2014

I ordered directly through OceanMoon's Etsy page.

They responded to everything with about 24hrs delay. They use a translator to communicate, so the delay is understandable. They were very kind and appreciated that I complimented their work, assuring me they'd put utmost care into preparing my Eun-Ryoung.

Very easy! No unexpected problems or charges.

From the time I pressed Checkout, she arrived at my door in 9 days. 9 DAYS!?! I was astounded!

Yes, yes, yes. I was uncertain whether to purchase the Limited Edition which came with faceup, clothing, accessories, wig... so I went with the blank doll since there was about a $200 difference. When she arrived I gave it some time, but came to the conclusion that even that extra $200 would have been worth it. That's about how much I'll end up investing (in time, as well as materials) to get my blank doll up to the look of the LE version. Their pricing is definitely fair.

Yes, and she can pose and hold the poses as shown in the promotional photos!

Completely. It looks better in person than the photos can show. She poses better than expected too! My only regret is that I could not order with faceup, because it's not a promotional period. They packed her box with so many extra goodies and a super-sweet letter though, which more than makes up for it!

I wanted faceup like is shown in the promotional photos, but OceanMoon kindly informed me that it is not available at all times. They explained when I could order a doll with faceup, but I didn't want to wait that long. They were very kind while informing me that their time was too limited right now.

I look forward to doing so!

I would, if a retired sculpt or part can be found secondhand, so as to not take business away from the artists. Otherwise I am happy to give my business to OceanMoon directly. They completely deserve all the good remarks and praise within this thread!