1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Domuya Feedback (2010)

Mar 13, 2010

1. Domuya
      http://domuya.net/

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

PLEASE STICK TO THE FACTS!

2. * What did you order?
      I ordered a doll as part of the "2010 Flexi All-Stars Dream Package" - a Venturo Flexi Perennial. As a bonus for ordering early, I got a free Taka head.

* When did you order?
      24th January 2010

Good - confirmation emails came quickly, and I received update emails on the free head and discount coupons that were part of the promotion, as well as an email with tracking info when my doll shipped.

Very easy; I selected 'paypal' and the site redirected me to make my payment automatically.

My doll was shipped on March 4th, and arrived home on March 12th. When I ordered, I was initially told it could be up to three months, so I was happy to receive my order so quickly.

Very much so. The flexi body is gorgeous, and the face-up I ordered for the Venturo head is lovely. I'm very pleased.

Better, I would say!

Incredibly happy.

N/A

Definitely! (Please see below for my ETA - I would probably not order from Domuya again)

I prefer buying new, on the whole, but I would definitely consider it.

ETA (14th June 2010): As part of the promotion, I was expecting to receive a free face-up, in the form of a SGD$50 gift certificate that I could spend online at the Domuya store. I was expecting this gift certificate in March. I did not receive any voucher until I complained, in late May - and then was sent a SGD$35 voucher, valid for two weeks only, which I needed to spend SGD$100 to claim. I complained about this, and I did not receive a response - but a response was put on the Domuya website instead, which I only noticed when another DOA member pointed it out to me. The value was upgraded to SGD$50, but the other conditions remained the same - and when I tested it on the website, it still only gave me a SGD$35 discount. Shortly after, Domuya also advertised a sale on their site - due to start after the voucher had expired.

These are small issues in the grand scheme of things, but after I received my own doll, Domuya's customer service became practically non-existent, no one in the DOA waiting room received replies to their many worried emails, and the website frequently went down. I know that at least one girl is still waiting on her Dream Package doll now, in June, when they were all supposed to have been delivered by April.

So I wanted to edit my feedback to reflect that while my experience was a great one, until I attempted to get Domuya to make good their 'free face-up' promise, I could not in good conscious let my glowing feedback stand - and I doubt I will be ordering from Domuya again.

3. * What did you order?
      The 2010 Flexi All-Stars Dream Package, specifically the new Luke flexi perennial in WS.

* When did you order?
      Jan 19, 2010

Good. I had some issues with my email eating messages, and they were good about responding and helping me work around the problem.

Easy Paypal checkout

Shipped on Mar 17, arrived Mar 23. Didn't get a shipping notice, strangely.

Very. I'm still getting used to the perennial body, but it's certainly worth more in my opinion than other companies who charge a higher price.

I ordered mine blank and white skin, but otherwise yes.

Yes, aside from some wrist-mobility issues that surprised me.

N/a

Possibly, if dolly plans work out that way.

Already have. Two flexi-N bodies. <3

4. * What did you order? I got the all-stars package- Flexi Perennial 1 female with Ida head in light tan with model kit. They threw in an extra head (Saisha) because I was within the first 50 orders. I also ordered a black cheongsam dress.
      * When did you order? February 5
      * How was the communication? They required a bit of prodding in order to respond, but generally once I sent a mail they got back to me within two to three days. Also, there was a bit of a mix-up... I asked for the Saisha head to be Normal skin, but they sent her in Light Tan. No big deal, I really do like their tan.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy. I did it through Paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? While they informed us it would take up to three months to ship and my package was sent within that period, a lot of people who ordered after me got their dolls first. I think they sent out the oldtype girl bodies out last, which was nerve-wracking to wait for.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very, very much. The body is amazing, and because it was a sale, it was very affordable. Also, they sanded her seams! I didn't like how their high heel feet had a built in heel, my girl wears boots, not sandals. My friend is dremeling them off, haha. Also, changing to the model legs was a pain. I also wish that they offered the model legs and larger bust as options on the doll, not option parts... I am never going to use the short legs unless the model legs break, and I opted not to get the larger bust as I didn't want to pay more and be stuck with a small bust piece I wasn't going to use. But minor quibbles, she really is beautiful.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Far, far better.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes. Saisha needs a body now!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes.

5. * What did you order? Flexi Fashion Domuya
      * When did you order? first week of December, paid in full
      * How was the communication? Non existant, they never replied to any website "contact us" messages, and later ignored several emails, i felt I had to get less pleasant just to get a response toward the end
      very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? 5 months+
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Good but not fantastic, there are a few little niggles
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Pretty much but all sales pics are of finished dolls and I bought plain
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Not 100%, but maybe my bad experience has made me quite nit-picky
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Very slowly... They basically "overlooked" my order, had to have this pointed out to them and then spent quite long time correcting it
      * Would you order from this company again? definitely not, mistakes happen, but they did not deal with it in a very good manner and were very poor about communication and correcting their mistake. They blame their website for most of the problems, then the email system, then staff having accidents, non of that is professional. They shouldn't keep making excuses, just sort problems out and stay in communication
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Never say never, but right now I will be steering well clear of Domuya

6. * What did you order?
      Extra default hands for my flex-fashion girl

* When did you order?
      January 2010 - paid immediately

After waiting patiently, I have sent two emails a couple of weeks apart within the last month. Neither have had any reply.

Yes

I am STILL waiting for the hands and for elastic that was ordered in December and was not included with the rest of my items.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? N/A
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? N/A
      * Were you satisfied with the product? N/A

Prior to my December 2009 order I had two very positive experiences. I really liked my Flexi-fashion girl and had thought my next doll would be a tan version. At least I am not waiting for an expensive order but I guess I can kiss my money and any hopes of getting extra hands for my girl.

Instead of a Tan Domuya girl I've decided to spend my money on a fairyland chic-line girl. Sorry Domuya, but you've lost my business. To not even reply to my very polite e-mails...
      :(

PLEASE STICK TO THE FACTS![/QUOTE]

UPDATE: I finally received my orders two days ago (July 26).

7. * What did you order? all star package flexi 2 Faith
      * When did you order? February 14 2010
      * How was the communication? inexistent :x
      * How easy was it to pay? very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? 3 month and an half
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? not realy because one of the toes part has wrong magnet pole , also the part that hold the connecting thing to the leg broke right away. Beside that she's nice and exactly what I have expected
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? they did nothing at all and didn't even respond . After a while They did give me some respond at last : they offer me to change my 2 feet and send them to me if I buy some of their clothes. I told them to just send me the feet cause I don't need any product from them and as usual with Domuya custumer service I didn't get any news and no feet at all as I was suspecting .
      * Would you order from this company again? :evil: no to low respect to their customer
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? why not

8. * What did you order? A Domuya All Stars flexi package - Flexi Perennial girl body + Saisha head with supermodel legs and feet
      * When did you order? 26 February
      * How was the communication? Rather limited
      * How easy was it to pay? Very straightforward
      * How long did it take to ship? They sent the item around 14 May and I heard nothing in between
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? It does, though the sale pictures tend to show a full-set doll with face-up, clothes and eyes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? It seems to be fine.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? I'm not sure. Their resin looks rather plasticky. I am *very* interested in their ball-jointed horse, however.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Possibly.

9. * What did you order? Two outfits by d.u.c.k. (dress & overalls) from the warehouse clearance during Summer sale
      * When did you order? 1/07/2010
      * How was the communication? Nil - but I really didn't ask for any
      * How easy was it to pay? Yes - Paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? Never received a shipping notice but they did arrive on 12/07/2010. So well within the expected time frame.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? A bargain is a bargain...yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Maybe
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Possibly

10. * What did you order?
      Domuya Doll's Life series (six dolls supposed to be released monthly beginning a year ago in July/Aug. 2009)

* When did you order?
      August 2009 (ordered the first two dolls already released and subscribed to the rest of the series)

OK

Easy

Domuya was not at all on time with their promised monthly dolls. I paid for the first two and most of the price for the others in the series in Aug. 2009, and as of now (July 28 2010) have received three more....three dolls that took a year, when they were supposed take three or four months.
      Now they say they are about to ship the fifth doll, and the sixth one, which was to be FREE to subscibers HAS BEEN CANCELLED. They have offered a headless flexi SD body in its its place....OUTRAGEOUS!!

Yes

About 75% like the pictures

I am NOT happy that I am not getting the free dollpromised when I subscribed to this series! The other dolls were somewhat disappointing.

They have NOT solved the problem....offering to give me a headless SD size body in place of a specially designed MSD that goes with a special series is NOT satisfactory!

Absolutely not, and I would not recommend them to anyone.

No.

11. * What did you order?
      Domuya Doll's Life series

* When did you order?
      October 2009

OK at first, after julyu 2010 nothing at all

Easy

I'm still waiting for my fifth doll! They will not respond to me after numerous emails about it. They have never shipped the doll or the free body (that was supposed to be a 7th doll at first).

Yes

Yes, although not totally

No, one doll came with a broken part that is yet to be replaced and I haven't received the last dolls. The blushing damages VERY easily.

They did not, they simply don't respond.

NO.

NO.