1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dolkot Feedback (2010)

May 27, 2010

1. DOLKOT Feedback

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

2. * What did you order?
      I ordered a Lucifer head (male head, Star size) on a female model body as one whole doll. Also ordered elf ears separately.

* When did you order?
      Feb. 22, 2010

Pretty standard, I was sent an email with the total, sent in my Paypal payment, and my status was updated on their website.

Paypal was easy, though I thought it was weird they didn't send me a bill and just gave me a Paypal address and a total to send it to. It felt a little "blind" compared to purchasing something from an eBay store.

It was extremely fast. Three weeks I think?

Yup! Their large dolls aren't the same quality as say a Soom or a Souldoll, but their price is cheaper and quality still marketable.

Looked even better!

Very satisfied with the doll itself. Even though I ordered the pieces a-la-carte, I asked if they send the doll fully strung and they did, which I appreciated. However, I was NOT satisfied with the packaging! They put a "Made in China" sticker directly on the doll (Dolkots are made in Korea! How strange!) as well as had a goopy rubber band around her neck, and didn't wrap her in bubble wrap. She shifted dramatically in transit and wound up all scrunched up in the bottom of her box. Her faceup protector wound up twisting off her face and crushed some of her eyelashes that took a few hours to teasing to get straight again. The box lid was also crushed somehow and broken. Lastly, there were paint splotches on her (possibly from her faceup?) that I removed with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I didn't complain to the company because there was no permanent damage, but it was still careless and dangerous packaging for such an expensive item. This dramatically effects my opinion of the company, regardless of my opinion of the doll itself.

N/A

I would, but not for large dolls until their packing improves.

More readily than the company itself due to the above packaging concerns.

3. * What did you order? Dollkot Bera
      * When did you order? April 27th I think?
      * How was the communication? They sent shipping notices and such.
      * How easy was it to pay? Same as Anneke
      * How long did it take to ship? About three weeks.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? The doll itself is gorgeous. I adore her resin, her sculpt, everything about the design of her.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? She looks better in my opinion.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? The design, yes. Shipping? Absolutely not. When I received her, the ankles were broken. I have sent a total of three inquiries about it. The first by email (No response), The second on the Q&A board. They assured me they would send replacements for the lower legs but it's been almost a month. Didn't answer my reply when I asked when it should be shipped or if the old ones should be shipped back. I sent a third earlier today. No response just yet.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They've yet to do so. Communication after purchasing the product is scarce. I love this doll but getting her in one piece has been tricky.
      * Would you order from this company again? Absolutely not.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? In a heartbeat if I loved the sculpt enough.

Edit The legs they promised have finally arrived. They're in good condition. I look forward to putting her together ^^

4. * What did you order?
      Hand fairy Peya, fullset "Dream of a fairy"

* When did you order?

2010-03-30

the worst. always have to write twice to get a single answer

easy, thanking paypal.

one month and half. didn't got any shipping notice, and had to ask for news to know something.

no. the doll itself is lovely, but the fullset is not worthing the price. the wig that came together is quite a shame, the eyes got pupils of different size and are too small for the eye holes.

not really.

only with the doll... not with the rest of the fullset, less said for the customer care.

they forgot to send me the fullset shoes, and after having written twice they sent them, together with a slightly better wig. they said to have a policy that stated that, if the delay in sending the doll more than a month, they refund the 50% of the amount. it took more than a month and half, but I will not have any refund as they claim the responsibility is of the shipping company.
      I see my issue solved for less than an half.

never again, even if I madly love my peya.

yes. another peya.

5. What did you order? Dolkot Moon
      * When did you order? June 1st
      * How was the communication? TERRIBLE.; may as well be non existant, you wait a week for a reply and its complete gibberish done in google translator.
      * How easy was it to pay? okay; they don't give you their paypal address, you have to find it on the site.
      * How long did it take to ship? 3 weeks after completed payment; I did layaway
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Their quality has improved; the resin is thicked and sturdier, but the doll is assembled poorly and very badly packaged.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yup
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yup
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I was not satisfied with their communication. Midway through the layaway their system cancelled my order. They made no attempt to contact me, ignored a weeks worth of contact from me including messages/email/phone/etc, ignored claims through paypal for a resolution and didn't bother telling me when they reinstated my order. Their explaination was 'it's all fixed please don't worry'. Their communication is TERRIBLE, and their translator clearly doesn't actually speak english, so what you get rarely makes sense.
      * Would you order from this company again? Not if I could avoid it.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yup, if it was in good condition. The resin is prone to chipping, so the older dolls would have to have been pretty well kept.