1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll Peddlar Feedback (ALL)

Oct 26, 2007

1. Doll Peddlar
      * What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

PLEASE STICK TO THE FACTS!

2. ~edited~...

3. Oh! Thank you so much for your speedy input. :) Anyone else?

4. First let me say, I had two positive transactions with them before having a negative. I bought an outfit and a wig, and I ordered a doll for my mother with them, both transactions were great. However, my last transaction with them left me with a sour taste in my mouth, and I will not order from them again.

On my last transaction, I ordered a $165.00 Souldoll outfit from them. They e-mailed me and told me they were charging me $5.00 for shipping, but actually charged $12.00 to my credit card for shipping. Evidently, they charge a $5.00 "handling fee" to "handle" the items they retail, but they don't include that in their shipping quote, they just add it to your credit card charge without telling you that they are doing so.
      You are expected to read all of the shipping policies on their site before placing an order, which is where they will tell you about the handling fee. It is not included in your checkout price quote, but it is charged to your credit card as a lovely surprise! If you'd have just read the shipping policies, you would have known!
      To make matters worst, the Souldoll outfit I ordered from them arrived, and it was defective. It had 7 gold metal grommets, and one black one, where the 8th gold grommet should have been. I e-mailed them about the problem, and they told me they would contact Souldoll for a resolution. Five days later, they contacted me to let me know that Souldoll would send a new gold grommet directly to me (from Korea, Doll Peddlar and I are in the US), and that I could replace the defective grommet myself.
      I did not feel qualified to tear a grommet out of a $165 outfit and replace it myself, so I told them I would prefer to return the item for a refund. They took the item back, but it cost me $7.00 to return it, and they refused to refund my total of $19 in shipping for their defective item.
      In my opinion, a new, $165.00 outfit should arrive in perfect condition, and the buyer should not be expected to tear out hardware, wait for replacement hardware to arrive from Korea, and reapply hardware. My shipping costs should have been refunded as well, since the item arrived to me defective (I sent a photo immediately upon arrival of the outfit, to Doll Peddlar).
      I told Doll Peddlar that I felt they should refund my shipping costs on a defective product, but that I would be happy to take a store credit for the shipping costs (hey, I own a small business, I know how tough it is). They flat out refused to refund my shipping costs, store credit or otherwise. They felt that they had given me a reasonable option by allowing Souldoll to ship a new grommet from Korea, and ask me to do the work of replacing the defective one.
      I paid shipping from them to me, paid a "handling fee", and paid the shipping back to them for an item that was defective. This is not a company I want to do business with again. I hope you have had a better experience with them than I have!

5. Sadly, I won't be purchasing from The Doll Peddlar either. I had noticed that they were a dealer for Domuya and thought I might be able to save on shipping by shopping through them, rather than directly from Domuya. However, when I asked for a simple shipping quote, they would not give me one. Instead, I was given a general link to the USPS website and basically told to figure it out myself. I was taken aback as I have dealt with well over twenty doll companies and bought online from even dozens more general companies. I have never ever had a business refuse to give me a proper shipping quote in the past 15 years of shopping online (regardless of how large or small the company was). I felt like it was rude and has totally put me off from ever buying from the company.

6. I had a good experience with them.

* What did you order? Dollhearts: Rabbits Escape and Sorceress
      * When did you order? June 23
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Dealer
      * How was the communication? Fine, I had no problems
      * How easy was it to pay? Credit card, fairly simple.
      * How long did it take to ship? Shipped June 24 arrived June 28 Via UPS
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? It's dollhearts, everything was in the boxes that's what's important.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Of course.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Actually I only had one problem that I solved on my own, the rabbits escape necklace broke (the pearl part). I repaired it but that's minor and just a bad design on DH's part, it was really fragile.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A- I fixed the problem myself.
      * Would you order from this company again? Probably if I see something I want.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? N/A

7. I also had a somewhat iffy experience with them also involving shipping. PLUS the condition of my doll wasn't perfect.

* What did you order? Domuya Aeslin plus a wig cap.
      * When did you order? January 28th, 2010.
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Dealer
      * How was the communication? It was good, aside from the fact that they never stated a shipping quote.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy. Used a credit card.
      * How long did it take to ship? I can't remember. I received a notice that a shipping label had been printed for my doll the same day I ordered her (Jan. 28th). She was shipped out on Feb. 1 and arrived on Feb. 5th.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely. Aeslin's armour and faceup are amazingly gorgeous.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Actually, my Aeslin arrived with a few dents in her resin. They're not super noticeable, but it's not the kind of thing you'd expect to find on a brand new product.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? I never actually contacted them about the problem since it didn't bother me too much.
      * Would you order from this company again? Only if the item I wanted wasn't available somewhere else.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Sure, why not?

I would like to add that the shipping they charged me is RIDICULOUS. The domestic (within US) shipping was quoted at $14, but they charged me ~$75 to ship my Aeslin and a wig cap to Canada. PLUS they NEVER sent me ANYTHING quoting the shipping cost. They just slapped it onto my card. Not once was I asked to confirm the shipping cost. I can, however, say that the shipping if I ordered from Domuya directly probably would have been just as crazy. Still, someone in the US recently shipped a full SD-sized doll out to me and it cost $35.

8. ★ Song of Storm's review for Doll Peddler ★

~ Overall experience ~
      :: positive ::

~ What did you order?:
      Napi Chesi white lol. version with face-up. (didn't have a choice about the face-up X3 )
      ~ When did you order?: July third, 2010, shipped on the sixth, arrived on the eighth. ^^
      ~ Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?:
      Dealer.
      ~ How was the communication?: Fair. I was given a notice when the head shipped. Before I bought the head, I asked doll peddler if they had her in stock. They replied quickly, but their reply was short and to the point.
      ~ How easy was it to pay?: Very easy, using a credit card. I don't like using that, though, as I'd much rather use pay-pal.
      ~ Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?: Yes.
      ~ Did the item look like the sales pictures?: Oh, of course! Chesi is unbelievable cute!
      ~ Were you satisfied with the product?: Yes!
      ~ If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?: I was very happy with the head. If I wasn't, Doll Peddler made it very clear that my only other option would be to never do business with them again. (look on their site, that's almost verbatim what they stated)
      ~ Would you order from this company again?: Ahhh... yes, I think so.
      ~ Would you buy this company's products second-hand?:
      Of course, since it's not really their products. X3

9. I am so glad to have found this post. I just wish I'd found it before I spent over $400. I just finished a very unsatisfactory transaction with The Doll Peddlar and will not be giving them my business EVER again! They are rude and unprofessional and in my opinion, unethical. My first transaction was for a $160 Souldoll outfit. When I order anything from Souldoll, it is always in sealed bags. Therefore, I thought it strange the one from The Doll Peddlar arrived in a rather ratty looking ziplock bag. I decided to overlook this, because the outfit itself seemed fine. I did, however, question Doll Peddlar about the packaging and they said they often repackage things so they don't get damaged in shipping. Souldoll always packs their items very well, so why would DP need to repackage? A red flag went up and I should have paid more attention. She also assured me the outfit was new.

My next transaction did not go as smoothly. Again, it was for a Souldoll outfit. This time it was $190. I might add that DP sold both of these for more than SD had them listed for. They were sold out on SD's site, so I was desperate to get them. This time the outfit arrived in a ratty taped-up Souldoll clothing bag. The pants had clearly been on a doll as they were quite wrinkled at the knees and upper thighs. There was also a black pen mark on the back of the shirt at the bottom. When I questioned DP about this, she said she didn't know about the pen mark(I offered to send her a photo), but she admitted that the outfit had been on a doll for a contest and that it won, but was taken off the doll and put in it's bag immediately after. Was this supposed to make me feel better?! I was really upset, because right before I purchased it, I again asked if all of their Souldoll outfits were new and in their original packaging. She assured me they were. She then proceeded to tell me that 99.9% of their SD outfits are new and in future, I need to specify in the comments section of my order that I only want a new item. Why didn't she tell me this when I asked her before I ordered? I might add that for both orders, she charged me $12 for shipping and it took over a week to get to me.

Anyway, to try to make a long story shorter, I let her know how unhappy I was, not so much for the state of the merchandise itself, but that she tried to pass it off as new and then justify it. She said she wanted to try to rectify the situation and what did I want. When I told her I either wanted a discount or the option for a full return, including shipping, her emails became curt and unfriendly. She probably didn't like me telling her that all of this could have been avoided if she'd been upfront with me about it not being new. I tried to get her to put in writing that she would refund my money in full rather than a store credit and she gave me the run around. Being evasive and never putting anything in writing. I finally managed to get her to give me a return merchandise authorization, but she still has not committed to a cash refund including shipping (I offered to pay to ship it back). After reading the other posts here, I am afraid if I send the outfit back, I will be out both my money and the outfit. I certainly don't want a store credit, because I want no further dealings with this person. I find it unacceptable when a business treats it's customers as I (and others here) was treated and then try to make me feel like I'm the one at fault. Anyway, I hope this thread helps anyone who might be thinking about purchasing from them and at least they can be forewarned.

It has also recently come to my attention that the outfit is missing a black jeweled neck ribbon that is pictured on Souldoll's website and I have seen it in owner pictures of this same outfit as well.

10. Hi, We're having a gorgeous day here in Little Rock, Arkansas..but not writing to discuss the weather..
      I was just told about these posts. I attempt to offer explanations/clarifications only.

All of our shipping information is fully described on our website under Shipping. Many of the above complaints would not be at issue if these policies were read.
      Regarding shipping costs, no one likes them; everyone wishes they were less including me, but we all have to pay them. We do not wish to profit by overcharging on shipping fees. We do not profit from shipping charges.
      Our shipping costs are based on the amount of purchase ranging from $9.95 up to $100; $12.95 up to $200; $14.95 for purchases over $200. For small items we ship UPS priority and charge $5 not $9.95 as stated on the automatic email confirmation. There is an order confirmation that is automatically sent when an order is placed. Shipping charges stated in this email are UPS ground in the continental USA. Then, we send a personal email to orders outside the USA explaining that international shipping is going to be more than this. We explain that we charge what the postal service charges us plus a $5 handling fee. All of these policies are clearly stated on our website. We also clearly state that when items are oversize or overweight, the cost will be more than shown on the order confirmation. The actual cost isn't known until the item is packed to ship and weighed.

If you think you are overcharged on an international shipment, look at the customs form, postal marks, etc and the shipping cost is stated. I am aware of all the posts but don't think it would be proper to go into those here.

I apologize if there 'attitude' issues on the phone,etc. I'm sure there are times we sound harried, rushed, sick, impolite, react to hostility/accusations with less than sweetness, but I think these occasions are rare and regretted. We value our customers and try to resolve issues (when we know about them) to everyone's satisfaction. So, please, please let us know when you have problems, complaints, suggestions, etc! & thanks much to all our wonderful customers.
      Judy at Doll Peddlar
      [email protected]
      http://www.dollpeddlar.com

11. I didn't read this thread before I place my order with Doll Peddlar. However, I had an excellent experience with them.

* What did you order?
      1 x LS-1073 SD Shoe: Taupe Suede and Print Boots (SD13 Girl)
      1 x LD-473 Steampunk Jazmyne Outfit (SD13 Girl)

* When did you order?
      Thursday Dec. 15th

Excellent. I called them on three occasions with questions about some dollheart clothing. Both times I was greeted professionally and cheerfully by their staff. First, I asked about shipping timelines to make sure my package would while I was home for the holidays. They were patient and assisted me in figuring out the approximate arrival time. Then, they helped me figure out what size clothing my doll could wear (I wanted to know if she could sneak into some SD16 stuff) as well as pulling the shoes I was interested in to make sure they would work with my girl's flat feet. This help was invaluable as the original clothing I intended to order wouldn't have fit my girl.

I later called them to find out if they did exchanges. The answer is that they do not usually, but they would if I paid both shipping costs (new item and item to be returned) and a 25% restocking fee. I chose not to do the exchange because of the price, and I was still treated very courteously over the phone. As I checked just now, this is also clear stated on their website. http://www.dollpeddlar.com/shipping.php

For the record, all of my girl's items came neatly packaged in the original boxes with all packing material intact. The boxes themselves were shipping inside a larger cardboard box which was stuffed full of clear plastic bags to prevent damage.

Very Easy via Paypal

Next Business Day

Since they are a dealer, I will not evaluate item quality vs price here. I will evaluate shipping quality. When I placed my order the flat rate shipping prices were listed on the right side of their website under "Shipping Table". They were very clear and easy to understand. They also relisted the price during checkout. I was sad that they couldn't ship different ways to save money, but because they sent it via UPS I had a working tracking number. That made the money worth it to me.

Yes. There were no stains and nothing was missing.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/a
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? N/a

12. * What did you order?
      Several Souldoll and Dollheart items

* When did you order?
      12 April 2012

Very good - an emailed question was answered within the hour and I received a tracking number on the day of order.

Very

Very quickly.

Yes.

Yes

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes.

Yes.

13. What did you order? Hall of Fame Souldoll Zenith outfit. This is one of Souldoll's older outfits. http://souldoll.com/shop/step1.php?number=1076

When did I order it? 24 September 2012

How was communication? Very good, they kept apprised of every step.

How long did it take to ship? Very Quickly.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, and what was advertized? Yes and the Item was new in sealed package.

Did the item look like the sales picture? Exactly like it.

Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so.

Would you order from this company again? Absolutely.

I found the lady on the phone very helpful and forthcoming. She was pleasant, and easy to communicate with. I did place the order on-line after having talked to her.

14. * What did you order? Two exclusive doll wigs
      * When did you order? 19 October 2012
      * How was the communication? Very, very good! They were helpful and friendly throughout.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy with credit card. There was a slight hiccup when processing the transaction, which they resolved.
      * How long did it take to ship? About six days since they needed to find out shipping as I'm in the UK. And there was the hiccup with my credit card! I think it was fine.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

15. What did you order? Aimee wig,blonde size 3/4,wig cap 3/4,and a miniature wine bottle set.
      * When did you order? December 31,2012
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? From the Doll Peddlar site
      * How was the communication? It was great. I made a mistake with my order and emailed Judy about it,and she took care of it right away.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy with credit card.
      * How long did it take to ship? I received my order today,January 2 2013
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very! That wig fit my RealPuki just perfectly. The wine bottle set is too small for MSDs,but I can use it for RealPuki.
      * Would you order from this company again? I definitely would.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes.

I'd have to say I had a very pleasant experience ordering from Doll Peddlar.

16. What did you order? The LE Marauder by SoulDoll, first order. 5 extra DollHeart outfits a few days later.
      * When did you order? Feb. 23, 2013 for doll, apx a week later for the outfits.
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? From the Doll Peddlar site
      * How was the communication? It was great. I made a mistake with my order and emailed Judy about it,and she took care of it right away.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy with credit card.
      * How long did it take to ship? I received my order May 5 for the doll and May 6 for the rest. Canada Post does not work weekends so the doll took a bit longer thus the clothes caught up lol.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I think so ^^.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? I have yet to try on all the itmes but have no worries as I tried key items (shoes fit nice) and was even surprised at some of the details on one.
      * Would you order from this company again? I definitely would.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes. She also deals with some second hand collictibles (ie vintage Barbie no longer available new).

I spoke directly to Judy who happily answered all questions prior to my order by phone & email. I also dealt with a staff member via email about my mistake and she was just as good to deal with. ^^

Detail product list:Products
      1 x The Marauder Zenith Size Doll Peddlar EXCL LE20 CLOSE UP $1,099.99
      1 x CK Boxer Briefs (Black) 70cm $7.00
      2nd order
      1 x VOV-1Z Black Cross Outfit (Zenith Size/69cm) $160.00
      1 x SZF-1Z Black Elegance Outfit (Zenith Size/69cm) $120.00
      1 x KS-34 Romance Palace Black Low Heels (SD-70cm) $42.90
      1 x BOB-ZD Swashbuckler Outfit (Double Boy Size/61.5cm) $160.00
      1 x Blur-ZM Blue & Black Outfit (Zenith Size) 69cm $120.00

17. Doll Peddlar
      * What did you order? a Alexa Black Wig 3-4in and three pairs of 8mm eyes
      * When did you order? March 2013
      * How was the communication? The communication was great. I initially bought a 4-5in wig which was horribly large on my doll. I emailed the company and got a prompt response the same day. We worked out an exchange and included another set of eyes.
      * How easy was it to pay? They took credit card online. They kept the card on file, so the exchange was easy to do.
      * How long did it take to ship? The shipping was very quick. The exchange was even quicker.
      * How long did it take to ship? 4 days
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, all the items were great quality.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, the wig wasn't styled like the picture, but I wasn't expecting pre-salon styling.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very, I will order from them again.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Like I stated earlier, I had to exchange a wig for one of a smaller size. They don't refund money, but they give you store credit. They work with you to make sure you are satisfied with the order to the best of their abilities though.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I don't have any experience with their second-hand products, but if its will maintained like their new items, I wouldn't see a problem.

18. POSITIVE

First off I just wanted to say that, I love shopping at Doll Peddlar ^-^ I've only ever had excellent customer service with them. I didn't realize they had a feedback thread here so I decided to post regarding multiple purchases.

* What did you order?

1. Violet Fern Creamo Coyl Princess Outfit on February 26, 2013
      2. Impldoll Fantasia and extra hand July 18, 2013
      3. Impldoll Ember, Impldoll Eugene July 31, 2013
      4. Impldoll outfit & wig August 13, 2013

Communication was excellent! I received an email when I placed my order and another one when it was shipped out. They always reply promptly too all my questions and concerns.

Very easy, they have a flat shipping fee regardless of what you order or where you live, which may require you to send a second payment after the fact, it's honestly a bit annoying. Not that I don't want to pay what it costs to ship, just having to send a second payment for the balance seems unnecessary.

All of my orders were shipped very quickly - within 48 hours usually, their items are in stock.

Yes, I've been happy with the quality of all my purchases.

Yes they did. More pictures would always be nice though ^.~

* Were you satisfied with the product? If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      For one of my orders, a doll arrived with a broken finger. They responded to my email within hours and arranged to have a replacement sent. I did have to pay for shipping again, but I was told that the replacement was coming out of someone's personal collection and not the store, therefore I didn't mind paying.

YES :) Everyone at Doll Peddlar is so polite and friendly. I place one order and already start planning out the next.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Not applicable since they're a dealer.

19. * What did you order? 2 'sold out on SD site) Soul Doll outfits for zenith
      * When did you order? Oct 2/13
      * How was the communication? N/A this time...
      * How easy was it to pay? Even easier than before! Peddlar now has PayPal!
      * How long did it take to ship? freakishly fast... my order went in and the shipping notice came withing 3 hours O_o guess I timed it just right?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Price is set by SD so... N/A
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? I'd seen them on the compaies site... Peddlar only use one sample of the companies pics so not 'miss' representing just less ^^
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very much
      * Would you order from this company again? Have done and likely will do again ^^
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Not applicable since they're a dealer.
      This was technically my 4th order but the same applies to the 3rd too (only normal shipping time lol)

3rd order [March 27/13

1 x KD-10 Romance Palace Alton Outfit (SD 70cm) $149.90
      1 x KS-33 Romance Palace Purple Low Heels (SD/70cm) $42.90
      1 x KD-13 Romance Palace Violet Baron Outfit (70cm SD) $149.90
      1 x DUP-1Z Buccaneer Outfit (Zenith Boy Size/69cm) $150.00
      4th order
      1 x fibu-ZM Outfit (Zenith Boy/69cm) $320.00
      1 x Msb-Z Striped Shirt Only (Zenith Boy/69cm) $28.00
      1 x DIDN-ZM Plaid & Green Cords (Zenith Boy Size/69cm) $105.00
      1 x Oss-ZM Ossian A Outfit (Zenith Boy) 65.5cm $310.00

All items came in original factory (Soul Doll company) sealed packages