1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

WITHdoll feedback (ALL)

Dec 11, 2010

1. Feedback for WITHdoll (http://www.withdoll.com/).
      I didn't see a thread for this company so decided to create one so we can all write down our experiences from WITHdoll so far.

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or
      dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      * Any additional words/thoughts on this company?

2. * What did you order?
      White skinned Juwel with outfit.
      * When did you order?
      27/10/2010.
      dealer?
      Directly from the company.
      Comunication was excellent! Their replies were always kind and polite. Extremely helpful too. I will have to admit that replies were somewhat slow at first, but this is probably due to the fact that they are a new company rushing to perfect their new doll. I can't really fault them.
      Extremely. I used paypal. I was on a small layaway and send the payment directly to them via the paypal website.
      Was shipped on 30/11/2010, which was sooner than they actually stated.
      Excellent. The resin is lovely ... both in looks and texture. The outfit is top quality too. I got a pair of free eyes as part of their opening event and they are just wonderful. I didn't notice at first, but they actually have a hint of spakle to them - wonderful. WITHdoll have truely outdone themselves.
      Yes. The provided us with many progress pictures and the doll is identical. I cannot comment on face-up ones, but outfit and doll, yes.
      Extremely. I was captured by this doll when I first saw a preview pic and followed them religiously since. I ordered within minutes of Juwel's release and am somewhat honoured to have one of the first arrivals :)
      I cannot say that I have ever been unsatisfied. However, I can give an example of how helpful they have been to me. When I first ordered, I added grey skin, with face-up on both heads (one was the free OE event head). I took out a 3 month layaway and sent the first payment, etc,. Unfortunatly, something came up with my cat and needed to cancel some of my order. I asked them via Q&A whether I could cancel both face-ups and switch to white skin. They were most helpful and readily agreed. I sent the final payment 6 days after my order.

Also, I asked them whether it would be possible for them to mark him down when he ships, to avoid fees, which they did.

Lastly, on the day of his arrival, I got an email from WITHdoll, which informed me that they had accidently sent out unfinished eyes and would be providing me with an new set soon. I was most greatful for this because I would have been non the wiser to be honest lol.
      Most definitely.
      Yes, but only with conditions. This would have nothing to do with the company though, only the seller.
      Yes. WITHdoll have gone out of their way to please us customers. When they first gave us infomation about Juwel's release, he was only to be released as grey-skinned or tan-skinned. Many of us wanted white skin and normal skin and were somewhat shocked and overwhelmed when they announced that Juwel would be released in these two skin tones. It was lovely to know that WITHdoll were listening to our concerns (not the correct word really) and opinions and actually changing to suit our needs and wants.

I am glad that I ordered from WITHdoll and look forward to their future releases.

3. What did you order?
      Normal skin Juwel, blank
      When did you order?
      3 November 2010
      Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or
      dealer?
      Directly from company
      How was the communication?
      Good
      How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy
      How long did it take to ship?
      1 month (faster than I expected)
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yeppers ^^
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, even cuter in person though
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      Very
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A
      Would you order from this company again?
      Definately
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Depends on the circumstance (limited products, seller, etc.)
      Any additional words/thoughts on this company?
      Withdoll is an amazing company, it's amazing that they are a new company, their customer service is superb and products are of great quality. They listen to customers and inform them of any delays etc.
      I would definately order from this fantastic company again, and highly recommend them ^^

4. * What did you order?
      Natural SKin Juwel boy, blank, no outfit
      * When did you order?
      October 30
      dealer?
      Directly from the company
      Prompt and informational. No complaints at all.
      Pretty easy once I found the right email.
      Just over a month; very short.
      Most definitely. Very good quality.
      Yes, he did.
      Incredibly so.
      n/a Well, actually, I didn't even realize this about the eyes, but a day or two after he arrived WITHdoll sent me an email saying they sent me unfinished eyes and were sending me another pair. So they caught their own mistake and worked to fix it, which I find admirable.
      YES.
      If that were the only way I could get the doll, YES.
      It was just an overall nice experience. No problems, no woes, he came in great time. Definitely keeping an eye on this company for future releases.

5. * What did you order?
      Withdoll Juwel normal skin, blank
      * When did you order?
      October 31st
      dealer?
      Good. They answered my questions really quickly and were always kind and polite in their responses.
      Really easy. Just send it right to their paypal.
      A little over a month.
      Yes.
      Yes, even better than the sales pictures I think.
      Very
      n/a
      In a heartbeat!
      If they were in good condition, yes.
      They have great customer service and they kept us updated constantly on shipping schedules and new pictures of the doll in different skintones. I highly recomend ordering from them! :)

6. * What did you order?
      Juwel normal skin, original make up
      * When did you order?
      06 November 2010
      dealer?

Ddirectly from the company, my friend help me
      My friend dealing with them
      See above
      two and a half month
      yes
      Well, Juwel eyes looks..... a bit bigger than on promo, different, but it is my oun opinion) face up is very good)
      yes. except with seams, they are a bit rough)
      n/a
      hope so
      in good condition of course
      Hope next time they will send my order to my address^^ (not my friend)

7. * What did you order?
      I ordered a Withdoll Tan Juwel Full Set (cothes,face ups for both head, plus armor blushing and weapon)

* When did you order?
      I ordered on October 27th 2010 and put him on layaway. However I finished paying him off during the first full week of November.

dealer?
      Yes I ordered directly from Withdoll~

Communication was spectacular. They were always polite and very clear with their answers to my questions, and very quick to respond to their Q&A.

Payment was exceptionally easy. I sent all my payments to their paypal account, their was no issues with payment transactions.

I Ordered on October 27th 2010, finished paying in the first full week of november, and he was out on shipping as of January 15th 2011. He arrived at my house on January 18th 2011.

I cannot begin to describe how happy i am with the quality of this boy. There was very little discoloration in the tan save for the normal areas which are sanding points (aka a little spot near the headcap etc..). The seams arnt that noticable, the feel of the resin is beautiful. The face up is a tad on the sparklie side but nonetheless breathtaking on both of the heads. The detail in their first dolls full set sincerely impressed me.

Their was a lot more detail in the clothes and the armor than the sales pictures gave credit for, but yes this boy was definately a true represenation of their sales pictures.

I'm very satisfied with their product, I dont think i could be happier! Even the eyes are lovely~

N/A

I would order from them in a heartbeat. For their first doll they really had an amazing grasp on customer service, and it seems they really strive to put out a quality product. I really cant wait to see what the future holds for them.

I would if i needed to , however if i can i will purchase from the company as I'd really like to support their growth since their just starting out.

I cant say enough about just how happy i am with my Juwel, I sincerely hope to see more of their dolls come out in the future! For their first doll i really think they aimed high and exceeded a lot of peoples expectations. I have high hopes for them. Altogether it was a smooth process and would not hesitate to do buisness with them again in the future.

8. * What did you order? I ordered a white skinned Withdoll Juwel with faceup on both heads, wig, and clothes.
      * When did you order? December 3/10
      dealer? I ordered directly from the company.
      * How was the communication? Communication was good. Never over a day or two to respond and they were always polite.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy. I used Paypal and they had a flexible layaway.
      * How long did it take to ship? I ordered him Dec. 3rd, paid him off Jan. 23, he was shipped Feb. 16 and arrived to me Feb. 23.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very good quality. He's stunning, the faceup is beautiful, his clothes are detailed,
      and the wig is styled nicely.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes. His faceup eyeshadow is a little brighter than expected, but I like it.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Definitely.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, if the product was still in good condition and the seller had positive feedback.
      Withdoll is off to an excellent start. Juwel was their very first doll and I am amazed at his quality for their first bjd. They have unique and beautiful dolls.
      The staff is also nice and very helpful. I highly recommmend this company!

9. * What did you order? I ordered their LE Juwel in Tan, wig, eyes and armor.
      * When did you order? November 4, 2010
      dealer? I ordered directly from the company and used their layaway plan.
      * How was the communication? Communication was pretty good. They answered all of my questions in a timely manner and they kept me updated on the order as well as made sure all delays were addressed in a timely manner.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy. I used paypal and their 90 day layaway plan.
      * How long did it take to ship? I ordered him in November and had him paid off in December and he arrived in early February.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very good quality. The detail on the MSD body is amazing and definitely worth the price.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? The tan resin is even better looking in person. It is almost like the color of hot cocoa.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very Satisfied. Plan to make more purchases from this company in the future.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes. I plan on ordering their Fenrir.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes.
      * Any additional words/thoughts on this company? For being a new company, Withdoll is doing great. They have wonderful customer service, at least from my experience with them, and they listen their customers. I can't wait to see what they come up with next and if they plan on releasing female dolls or SD size dolls in the future. Definitely a company worth watching. I have become a costumer for life.

10. * What did you order? A normal Skin Jewel, without any option parts besides the wig, no face-up.

* When did you order?
      In the beginning of December, around the 5th?

dealer? Directly.

They sent out all important details per mail and or had them listed on the order status page. Can't say anything about answering mails and such though since I did not need those services.

You can pay via PayPal, so quite easy.

About two monts and two weeks.

Definitly, especially for a companys first release. The resin color is even, he only has a few small seamlines, poses well and the mold is very well modeled. And for a bonus the price includes an extra head.

Personally I'd say it's much better, but yes they make trustable pictures.

Yes, more than that.

not available

I already singned up to be part of a split and might even get a whole doll again sooner or later.

If the item was in good condition definitly yes.

* Any additional words/thoughts on this company? I do like their style a lot. The clothing is detailed, the molds look more grown up than most other msd sized dolls, which is a plus for me, and you can actually decide for any of the parts to be ordered or not. Besides they offer grey skin for all of their dolls and the tan skin has a very nice natural color.
      I really hope they keep their standarts and come up with more dolls like that!

11. * What did you order? Withdoll Gray Skin Fenrir (Blank, with wig and outfit only)
      * When did you order? March 2011
      dealer?
      From the company website
      * How was the communication? A little bit slow, but not too much- looks like they hit the Q&A board every other day.
      * How easy was it to pay? Perfectly simple. Their setup is almost exactly like Luts.
      * How long did it take to ship? An agonizing month and a half! XDD Not too bad at all.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Good lord, yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Exactly, down to the tiniest details. The outfit is even better in person.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Extremely.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? The only issue I had with Withdoll is that they don't seem to have their time-management quite down yet; they told me twice 'your doll will ship in such-and-such time' and it didn't happen. That doesn't make their wait time unreasonable, though, and they were pleasant in communicating.
      * Would you order from this company again? Absolutely.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes.
      * Any additional words/thoughts on this company? I am shocked, SHOCKED, at the quality of this doll- in a good way. He was amazing when he came out of the box, well packaged, every piece is minutely sculpted and the quality of his outfit blows my mind. For a young company, Withdoll is not messing around- they're ready to play with the big companies and kick some serious butt.

12. * What did you order?
      A Rosy Brown Dark Ranger Juwel
      * When did you order?
      24th April '11 on layaway
      dealer?
      From the company
      It's enough to be kept informed, but can seem slow at times. I didn't have any problems with communication and they absolutely fell over themselves to help!
      All the information is on the site (layaway has to be done manually to their paypal account) but as a first-time customer they answered all my queries before I made any payments.
      Once I'd finished paying it took about 10 days
      Yes! From what I've seen of other dolls I thought the design was wonderful and innovative (with hidden-string joints etc. and the clothes and armour parts are something else! I'm very impressed!
      Absolutely (although I got him blank to do my own faceups)
      Yes. Although they accidentally forgot the eyes and the horns had dropped off the helm.
      I wrote to ask if it was safe for me to use superglue on the horns - and could I have some eyes please - and when they sent the package I had the eyes, a whole new helm and a little freebie! Above and beyond! :)
      Yes. I'm very impressed so far (and it seems they're working on lowering prices)
      Probably.
      I like them so much I dedicated half my user name to them :p

13. * What did you order?
      NS Jude and a Juwel head.
      * When did you order?
      6/21/2011 on layway until 8/29/2011.
      dealer?
      The communication was pretty good. They usually got back to me within a few days of my sending a message.
      Easy, paypal.
      It took nearly five weeks. They said they would only take two and when I asked them about it, they kept giving me different dates as to when they would ship.
      I would, however, like to note that once it shipped it only took two days to reach me. I know this because the doll came with a little card in it that said the day it shipped, which was the same as the day they told me for the last time. That shipping was crazy fast.
      Yes, the doll is just lovely, the face-up beautiful. The spare head is adorable.
      Yes, better even.
      I was.
      Well, the situation with pushing back dates was aggravating, but it did finally shipped. I just wished they had told me four weeks or so to begin with rather than have it take twice the time they said.
      I really do love their dolls so I would consider it.
      Yes, if it was in good condition.

14. HORRIBLE experience, will not deal with again!

* What did you order?
      tan/brown male body
      * When did you order? September 3, 2011, paid in full immediately
      dealer? directly
      * How was the communication? absolutely terrible. I got an instant automated response when I paid, then nothing else. The page said the body's official shipping time is one month after payment recieved. I waited patiently until October 13, well over a month. I asked on their Q&A and got ignored for four days, though other people got answers. I finally got my answer, saying my doll would ship Oct 17-19. It didn't. I asked again on Oct 19 if it had been shipped and if not, why, and got no response. I have filed a dispute on PP, since I was nervous aout the lack of communication and my 45 day window was nearly up. It got completely ignored for a little over a week, then on Oct 23, they refunded me in full with a note of "sorry..." and nothing else. So responses, no explanation, no attempt to resolve or ship the doll. So now, I have no holiday gift on the way and may not be able to get something different here in time. I am HIGHLY disapointed!
      * How easy was it to pay? easy
      * How long did it take to ship? I waited almost twice the listed time and got refunded, never got my doll
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? idk, he never arrived
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? don't know
      * Were you satisfied with the product? might have been, had it ever gotten here
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They didn't solve the issue, just refunded me. I never got the doll or an explanation.
      * Would you order from this company again? NO WAY.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? NO. I own a head from them (that I was getting the body for) and after this, I'm selling the head, I don't want to keep any of their products, even though they are beautiful and this doll could have been perfect for my character. Too many negative feelings attached
      * Any additional words/thoughts on this company? I really hope others have better communication and experience than I did. I have never been so disappointed. I wouldn't have minded a longer wait time, if it had been accurately listed or if they had kept me updated or at least replied to my questions and kept their promises. I can be patient, but I don't like when people give me their word, then don't follow through.

15. * What did you order? Priscilla (NS), armor, dress, wig on layaway
      * When did you order? 2011-09-30
      dealer? directly
      * How was the communication? Bad. They were slow to reply when I contacted them. They never told me she shipped.
      * How easy was it to pay? It was easy to make the first payment, but that you had to manually send them layaway payments was a bit nerve wracking.
      * How long did it take to ship? 4 weeks after I made the last payment
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? For the doll yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a
      * Would you order from this company again? Possibly.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes
      * Any additional words/thoughts on this company? If it weren't for the poor communication I would have had no problems.

16. * What did you order? Withdoll Priscilla with armor
      * When did you order? October 14th, 2011
      dealer? The company
      * How was the communication? Slow. They always replied but it took awhile. They told me they would ship my doll multiple times and when they finally did post a tracking number it did not work until I asked why it was not. It turns out they had not even shipped it at that point, but they shipped it promptly afterwards and she arrived soon after.
      * How easy was it to pay? Incredibly easy. I used Paypal.
      * How long did it take to ship? A little over three months
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes she is gorgeous, totally worth it
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Of course

17. * What did you order?
      Basic Edition Priscilla, normal skin, no faceup/clothing/wig/shoes

* When did you order?
      March 14, 2012

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from the company

Seemed to be fine, although I really had no questions to ask. Payment and shipping notices were prompt.

CC by Paypal, totally easy

Three weeks from ordering to being shipped, six days from being shipped to arriving here. I was prepared for a much longer wait based on their standard estimated production time, so I was ecstatic to receive her so quickly.

I think the quality is a bargain for the price. She came with the sword hand and high-heeled feet (feet, not the stiletto shoes available for extra) included, seam lines are scarcely visible, and she's well strung to pose right out of the box. Joints and other mechanisms like eyewells and feet-hooks are all really exquisitely designed and finished. And not a mark or a chip or a flaw on her that I can see.

The company seems to have redesigned her hands since the promo shots were taken. It was a really nice surprise for me, as I found the old hands (the same ones from the Dark Knight release, I think) a little large and square-looking. The new ones are really dainty and tapered and ladylike. Otherwise she is as pictured.

Completely

n/a

If they put out another sculpt I want in my collection, I certainly would.

Depending on the seller, a provisional yes.

Looking forward to seeing the redesigned 45cm boy body!

18. * What did you order? Rachel Vampire (LE) in rosy brown.
      * When did you order? 6-5-12
      dealer?
      * How was the communication? Good.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? About a month.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? More so. :)
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes it did.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes I was, she's very lovely.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes, I plan to. X3
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? If was in good condition, yes.
      * Any additional words/thoughts on this company? This was an overall good experience.

19. I should finally add feedback for my last order ^^°

* What did you order?
      A normal Skin Fenris, without all option parts, no face-up.

* When did you order?
      About a year ago? I can't remember, sorry.

dealer? Directly.

Last time I asked something in their Q&A Board they were fast and very friendly, so I'm happy with their communication.

PayPal is possible, so really easay.

A bit over two months I believe, but it's been too long since then, so I don't remember.

Yes, definitly!

Personally I'd say it's much better, but yes they make trustable pictures.

The resin-color is even and exactly the same as my other WD normal skin boy! There were a few very decent seamlines and he was strung well. When I checked the optional feet aka. resin shoes I thought the little blades were broken, but I realized they are not supposed to actually stay in place but are secured with magnets. Not the best solution in my opinion but it works. The fur wig is a disaster though. It rather resembles a drowned mouse than a hairstyle and definitly was not worth 10$.
      All in all I'm very happy with the quality!

not available

As I only kept the head of this order: yes, I need a body for my dolly! And if I happen to fall in love with another of their Molds: again yes!

If the item was in good condition definitly yes.

* Any additional words/thoughts on this company? I do like their style a lot. The clothing is detailed, the molds look more grown up than most other msd sized dolls, which is a plus for me, and you can actually decide for any of the parts to be ordered or not. Besides they offer grey skin for all of their dolls and the tan skin has a very nice natural color.

20. * What did you order?
      Cynthia Blademaster with option parts and wig

* When did you order?
      September 9th, 2012

dealer?
      This is the first time I've ordered directly from a company.

Great! I posted several questions and payment updates on the Q&A and was responded to quickly. A few things took a few days but I always got my response.

Very easy through PayPal, but you need to manually send them the payment for layaway, which I opted for.

I finished off my layaway on 10/12, and immediately made a request for the smaller chest option which wasn't available when I ordered her (and isn't even an option on her page). This may have extended my wait. She shipped 10/31, and arrived 11/5.

Absolutely! The doll is beautifully made with the smoothest, silkiest resin (I got the UV axon resin). Her face up is beautifully done and the option parts are awesome.

Yes, though her face up is a little more natural which I like. The brown tan is even more beautiful in person.

Absolutely!

N/A

Without a doubt! See what I did there?

Sure, they have a lot of limited editions that aren't being made anymore.

Yes. Their customer service is really good, something they should definitely get credit for.