1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

B&G Doll Feedback

Apr 8, 2011

1. * What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

PLEASE STICK TO THE FACTS!

2. * What did you order?
      Type 3 B&G boy body in yellow skin
      * When did you order?
      February 12th, 2011
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      I ordered through Denver Doll Emporium.
      Denver Doll answered my emails and passed anything I had to say to B&G, I did not communicate with the company directly.
      Paid via Paypal.
      About 6 weeks.
      It would have been, if I had gotten what I thought I was ordering.
      No. The bodies shown for sale are urethane bodies, what I received was a body made of environmental resin.
      No. I wanted a body made of urethane resin. Even if I had ordered a whole doll I wouldn't have wanted it to be made of this material, I don't care for its appearance.
      My problem has not been solved. DDE emailed B&G on my behalf asking if I could swap this body for one of the old urethane bodies, B&G insists they have not changed the resin at all and refuses to help.
      No. They will never get another dime of my money.
      I might, if it was made of the old resin.

Be warned - B&G has abruptly changed their formulation from urethane resin to environmental resin. All dolls being ordered from B&G at this time are made of this resin. This resin is translucent compared to the opaqueness of urethane and will yellow differently, much like translucent French resin. It also does not and will not match any urethane head properly due to these characteristics. If you wanted a doll made of urethane from B&G, or a body for a floating head you are now out of luck. If you have a B&G doll or doll part on order, it won't be made of urethane.

In February, I preordered a B&G type 3 boy body for my Oceanmoon head from Denverdoll which I received about a week and a half ago. Now, I am aware that resins from different companies don't always match perfectly, but this is a color issue and one that I am willing to handle. Also I had seen B&G resin in person before so I knew what I expect. But what I expected is not what I got.

This is a photo of the B&G boy body foot on the left, next to my daughter's B&G Triya foot on the right. As you can see, while the colors are very close they aren't made of the same resin material. The foot on the left is shinier and visibly translucent compared to the opaque appearance of the foot on the right.
      [​IMG]

Here is another photo with the feet backlit by sunlight (pls ignore dirty window :sweat). Again the B&G boy body is on the left and my daughter's B&G girl is on the right. The translucence is very obvious.
      [​IMG]

I was understandably upset when I got this body. Even blushed, the head will never match it quite right, and as years pass the difference between them will become very noticeable as yellowing sets in.

Now before I go any further, let me say that part of the reason I ordered through Denverdoll instead of buying from B&G directly was because I was aware B&G has a less than stellar customer service record. For those who don't know what I am referring to, this link is very informative. Basically, someone ordered $1800 worth of dolls from B&G and when they were lost in the mail, B&G refused to send replacements until people on DoA began to boycott B&G. Anyway as said I ordered through Denverdoll under the mistaken belief that if anything went wrong, DDE would be able to resolve the problem easily. Unfortunately, this is not the case.

I emailed Denverdoll to ask what could be done. At first they told me they weren't responsible for differences in color but I persisted, explaining that the resin wasn't the same at all anymore, it was a different material. I pointed out that nowhere on their website, B&G's website or anywhere else was there this important information about the resin change. All the stock photos still displayed dolls clearly made of urethane. I begged them to please contact B&G and as if I could swap, as what I wanted was a body in urethane resin that would yellow at the same rate as my head, that would reflect light properly in the same way my head did.

Today I received an email from Denverdoll-
      HI ****,
      We heard back from B&G and they say they have not changed the resin formulation. I copied your email to them directly so they were aware of all of concerns. I don't really know what to tell you. I am sorry. Let me know if you have any other questions.
      Shannon

I don't know what else I can do now. I am beyond disappointed at this point. B&G is blatantly lying and I am out $380 for a doll body that won't match any head I might want to put on it. I can't recommend buying from B&G, even through a dealer.

3. * What did you order?
      B+G Sky
      * When did you order?
      End of September
      Disappointing, to say the least. I received an email from an address not listed on B+G's site telling me they didnt have my full address. Needless to say, I couldn't log into their site to change my shipping information. I tried emailing them back, and the emails kept getting bounced back to me. I had my cousin, my brother, AND my girlfriend send B+G e-mails with my full shipping address. They received only TWO of the emails. It took three days for them to get my shipping address. Thankfully they received the email's, though. My boy finally made it home after a lot of exhausting grief.
      Paypal. Always easy lol
      They shipped within their average time. =]
      No. My doll's body doesn't line up. Their faceup's are definitely not as advertised. I wound up wiping the faceup and doing my own.
      For the most part.
      I really don't complain much. I would send them an email about my dolls body not lining up, but I don't think they'd get it. And I'm not in the position to go through all that hassle to get in conctact with them again. =\ Next time, I'm just buying a head -- if I can log into their site. >.<
      N/A -- I haven't contacted them about it.

I would be willing to give them a second chance. If I could log into their site. I've tried contacting them about this problem but I never received any sort of answer. =\
      At this point, I'd prefer to buy second hand.

4. I made feedback, then they got back to me, I will update this when I have product.