1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Product Review

Nov 3, 2012

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order?
      SD Megu (2010 renewal ver.), extra elastic, eye putty, thinner, mini zippers, and varying grades of sandpaper.
      * When did you order?
      October 27, 2012

It's a bit high but considering that I'm getting an SD with face-up, wig, eyes and a simple outfit it'd say it's not bad.
      no, even better!! those photos don't do her justice at all, she's so much cuter in person!
      yes!!

Positives: not much wait time, amazing quality, doll comes with a lot, doll is nicely strung, seam lines aren't too noticeable.
      Negatives: company photos don't show how cute she really is, the sliding box is kind of hard to open, eyes come hot glued in head, she's a bit on the more expensive side.
      yes definitely!

[​IMG]

3. * What did you order?
      SD Victorique
      * When did you order?
      30 June 2012
      I would say a bit high, but the quality, face up, wigs, costumes, etc have very good quality.
      Yes
      Yes
      Amazing quality!! And she looks really cute and cool. A bit disappointed that she does not come with suwariko body.
      Definitely!!

4. * What did you order?
      -Super Dollfie Midi Dai
      * When did you order?
      -Jan. 3, 2015
      -Yes
      -Yes
      -Yes :)
      -Positives: right out of the box he can stand and hold poses pretty well; he was very well packed and shipped quickly.
      -Yes

5. * What did you order? Dollfie Dream Mirai Memorial Edition
      * When did you order? April 5th, 2015
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes! And I feel the extra cost for the Memorial Edition is worth it.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, in fact the wig looked much better in person too.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Absolutely!

Positive - high quality doll, wig and eyes, great quality clothing. Gorgeous sculpting and face up.
      Negative - her petticoat is kind of fragile and I tore it a little during undressing

* Would you buy more from this company? Already have, just now!

[​IMG]

6. * What did you order?
      Dollfie Dream Hatsune Miku
      * When did you order?
      July 5, 2015
      I'm not sure. I think VOLKS dolls are extremely overpriced. However, I think the price was well within the norm, for VOLKS.
      Yes. The item is nearly identical to the sales pictures.
      Yes.
      I love the faceup on Miku, and I think VOLKS did an amazing job with designing her. However, her wig is incredibly hard to put on. It also tangles and frizzes up like nobodies business. I'm not a huge fan of the wobbly vinyl joints, as opposed to tightly strung resin dolls.
      Maybe.

[​IMG]

7. * What did you order?
      Order 1 (VOLKS Int.): DDdy Frilled Bloomers, SD Cardigan (Black/Lace), Dollfie zipper.
      Order 2 (VOLKS USA): Blue Mille-Feuille Dress Set.

* When did you order?
      Order 1: Sep. 23
      Order 2: Oct. 15

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from the company.

* How was the communication?
      Good, they replied to e-mails within a reasonable amount of time and gave the best answers they could.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy, paid with a credit card.

* How long did it take to ship?
      A day or two, I don't remember exactly but it was definitely no more than 2 days.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes of course!

8. * What did you order?
      Dollfie Dream Mirai Standard Edition
      * When did you order?
      December 3rd.
      Rather pricey, but honestly, all BJDs are, and the quality is absolutely amazing, so it was definitely worth it nonetheless!
      Definitely! If anything, though, it looked even better. The wig in particular is a much lovelier color in person.
      Yes, definitely! My doll is gorgeous. I couldn't be happier. She's my first BJD, too. :)
      The overall detail is wonderful. Her default eyes are a gorgeous shiny purple-blue gradient. Even her default slip dress is incredibly detailed with its intricate lace and frills. It's really amazing.
      Definitely! I plan to.
      [​IMG]

9. * What did you order?
      SDGr -- Kamimura Minoru
      SDM -- Kamimura Minoru
      SDM -- Kataoka Ryotarou
      * When did you order?
      All three of them were ordered in Japan
      They are pretty heavy, and nice qualified.
      But compare to other brands like Luts and Crobi, Volks seems have less flexibilities (but they do have a better quality!)
      Yes, they all have official makeups
      I really do! And the customer services are the best.
      Just like what i said -- the flexibility
      YES I DO WILL

10. * What did you order?
      SD-Kun /2004
      * When did you order?
      20/03/2008
      The reqin quality is very good. The eyer are too large but it is a very beautiful doll.
      Looked even better - Volks pictures aren't the better ones.
      Yes, very much
      Positive: Preety straigh forward purchase. Quick shipping and arrival (Spain) The doll arrived very well protected and with all the documentation sealed and nicely presented.
      Negative: It's quite difficult place to shop if you're from Europe, also you miss loads of events and possibilities of having limited ones.
      I would like to

*In the pic doesn´t appear the original make-up, eyes and wig.
      [​IMG]

11. * What did you order? VOLKS SD Girly Plaid Dress set, lace socks, plain white folded socks
      * When did you order? Friday August 11th 2017. Arrived today, Wednesday August 16th 2017.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely! The attention to detail is stunning. No stray threads. The fabric is better quality than most human clothes!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Identical
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Completely!!
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) Only positives honestly! The quality blew me away.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Already planning my next order!! They shipped my order about 12 hours after I ordered. The item was trackable and it only took 5 days to arrive!

12. * What did you order?
      Quintetto of Forest / Beauty outfit

* When did you order?
      I made the order on September 24, 2017. It shipped on September 25, 2017 and arrived on October 12, 2017.

Yes, absolutely! It is so pretty in person.

Yep.

10/10 for me! :cheer

The front of the jacket has nice hidden buttons that don't interfere with the appearance of the clothes.

I plan on it!

13. * What did you order?
      Azurite Blue / Beauty
      Azurite Blue / Cool
      Azurite Blue / Cute
      Azurite Blue / Stylish
      Checkmate / Pretty
      Checkmate / Stylish
      Magical ☆ Happy Corset Dress
      Midnight Flower
      Nishiki-no-Hana (Charcoal Gray)
      Nishiki-no-Hana (Ruby Red)
      Swallowtail Maid Dress
      Swallowtail Maid Dress / Mini
      Swallowtail Maid Open Bust Dress
      Winter Warm Down Coat Set
      * When did you order?
      2017 March 8th
      YES!
      YES!
      YES!
      Positive :)
      Yes!!!!!

14. * What did you order?
      TAMIYA Epoxy Putty - Smooth Type
      Tsuki-no-Kimono Hakama Pants Set (Violet)
      Tsuki-no-Kimono Set (Red)
      Tsuki-no-Kimono Set (Red) / Mini
      Tsuki-no-Kimono Set (Violet) / Mini
      Tsuki-no-Kimono Skirt Set (Violet)
      White Haori Jacket
      ZM Face Painting Brush 01
      ZM Face Painting Brush 03
      * When did you order?
      2017 July 24
      Yes!
      Yes!
      Yes!
      POSITIVE!!
      YES, oh YES!!!totally! I am a big FAN of Volks!

15. * What did you order?
      A doll stand, a couple of outfits, faceup supplies, and other small accessories.

* When did you order?
      20 Feb, 4 Mar, 10 Mar.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product
      (optional)
      All the items are of good quality.

Yes, definitely.

16. * What did you order?

W-004N-613 / Ivory

W-117N-M33/12 / Rich Brown

W-155N-CHBR / Charcoal Brown

W-166-60 / Pearl Silver

W-190C-M33/12 / Rich Brown

* When did you order?

1/23/2022

Honestly? Not really. I don't like any of the wigs. The front of the Pearl Silver wig doesn't look good, and the YOSD size wig is very messy out of the box. I'm not enthused about the long brown MSD size wig either. I'm kind of disappointed that these cost so much yet didn't live up to my expectation of Volks products.

Everything but the YOSD wig looks spot on, just messier. The YOSD wig doesn't look anything like the pictures really.

Not particularly. I probably won't buy wigs from Volks again.

Wigs, no. I'm still on the fence about clothes. I love the dolls though.

17. What did you order?
      Standard SD10 Nico with full satogaeri sanding service, KIPS sheet, pastels and acrylic paints
      When did you order?
      27/07/23
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes – the sanding is very smooth, her faceup is very detailed and all my items were packaged securely. Volks sent everything via DHL, so once things were posted, they arrived within 3 days (though I am in Australia, which is relatively not too far from Japan)
      Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, though I didn't realise exactly how long her wig would be!
      Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes. Now I just have to wait for my practice head to get here so I can try out faceups
      Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      Satogaeru service takes 2 months, as the website says, which might be harder for people who want a doll straight away, but it is worth is in my opinion. My Nico is also one-piece torso, which I know some people don't prefer
      Would you buy more from this company?
      Absolutely – I already have another order. Everything was good quality, arrived safe and was packaged safely