1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spirit Doll Product Review

Nov 3, 2012

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order?
      Smart line Pyrus + faceup and outfit.
      * When did you order?
      Beginning of Juli 2014
      The doll is well made, gorgeous faceup and the outfit is detailed and well made.
      Yes for all
      Yes
      The doll was rather loosely strung, but that is a matter of taste.
      The outfit delayed my entire order. After two months I contacted them about a status update and they told me they were waiting for the pants of the outfit. It took them another 3 weeks to get it. It's a shame that an outfit, that is sold as a set, isn't alsways completely in stock.
      Yes

3. * What did you order?
      Smart line Snowdrop with torso joint, and a sleeping snowdrop head.

* When did you order?
      August 2018

Yes. It feels so worth the price. Such a beautiful doll.
      Honestly, even better. The doll is definitely the one I ordered but in person there are details you can't see in pictures.

Absolutely

The only negative I have is I got notified the doll shipped after I already had it.
      The body poses great. Is aesthetically attractive to me. Just looks so sweet.
      It shipped fast too. Just barely after the 3 month mark.

Yes. I would buy this exact doll again and have an army.

4. * What did you order?
      I have a Spiritdoll Echium and a Spiritdoll Proud girl body (1st vers), both secondhand

* When did you order?
      Echium came secondhand from the MP in early 2018 and the Proud body came from the MP in late summer 2018

They are both lovely dolls! I prefer the Proud girl body aesthetically. It's very curvy and womanly without being cartoonish. The posing is really nice, and the hands are detailed and elegant. Echium's male Proud body is way less defined and less aesthetically-pleasing by comparison. The scale of the two are also strangely off, as the Proud girl is much shorter than her male counterpart.

Yes. The Proud girl body is actually much curvier and mature than the sales pictures.

Yes. They're both very beautiful! I'd order directly from the company in future, especially more of the female sculpts.

Echium
      +The tan version is gorgeous! He's not too orangey and he's not too bronzed. Just right.
      +His face! With the right faceup he's got so much personality! And also he'll look nothing like the promo pics (which make him look terrible, IMO)
      + His hands and feet are gorgeously sculpted.
      - His body is so noodly and undefined yet defined in all the wrong ways. I can count his vertebrae but his torso is a cartoony flat plane. It's very unsettling.
      - Even with modding to make him pose better, his body isn't great at more dynamic poses. His torso is especially funny, and his legs aren't flexible enough to sit comfortably
      - He's not to scale with the Proud girl body, and looms like a giant preying mantis over her.

Spiritdoll Proud girl 1st ver
      + Lots of curves for a more petite mature female body
      + Excellent posing. She can touch her face and neck and she sits very comfortably
      - She's TINY compared to the Proud boy (Echium). She's much shorter and more like a teenager's scale/height than an adult woman's.

Definitely. Their female sculpts are so pretty and I know the bodies will be lovely and dynamic.