1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Monique Trading Corp. Product Review

Nov 3, 2012

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order? I ordered 3 size 7-8 inch wigs: Julien (light brown), Julien (dark auburn) and Charmaine (blond)
      * When did you order? July 14 2017 I recieved them on July 26.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes. For your information, the ribbon in my Charmaine wig is yellow. It is a little hard to tell what colour it is from the sales picture but, that could be the settings on my computer.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) Nice looking good quality products. No problems.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes.

3. Not sure if it is worth mentioning, since they are closing, but incase anyone out there is wondering if there is anyone else in their situation:

What did you order? Bj (size 6-7, color 7977), Buttercup (size 6-7, color 7977), Donna (size 6-7, color 130T), Frankie (size 6-7, color P73), Grandpa (size 8-9, color 1), and JoJo (Size 8-9, color 7372)
      When did you order? 20th July 2021
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Each wig was technically 50% off due to the closing out sale, I had wanted to purchase these wigs previously but hesitated to order directly from the company (usually purchase through a dealer).
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? This is where things get 'murky'. My BJ wig has TONS of threads visible, sticking out of the wig as if they were not trimmed properly. I cannot find user photos where the wig looks similar to mine. These threads can be trimmed, but the wig is also shedding. The Buttercup wig has a very visible piece of wig cap in the front as if the wefts were sewn farther back than they typically are. No amount of restyling is going to hide the visible wig cap in the front, it is where the hair parts and is about 1cm's worth of visible fabric. I want to start this one by saying, I know the Frankie wig is supposed to be spikey/messy, however, mine is lacking any sort of longer front pieces, it all seems to be one size in length and uncontrollably coarse/frizzed. The Grandpa wig was another surprise, especially because I have other wigs in the black color labeled 1 (as well as a Monique wig hair color wheel someone was kind enough to give me) The grandpa wig FEELS horrid, it looks as if heat was taken to it, none of the hairs are straight, they are all kinked. None of the hairs lay flat, nor are they styled. It looks as if the wig itself was put under too hot of a hairdryer and started to melt. Even the fibers feel rougher than any other black (with the number 1) wig I have in my wig arsenal. The JoJo wig appears to be of good quality, but it is too big! I have multiple Monique Wigs, most of them in size 8-9 and they fit my dolls perfectly, it is one of the reasons I broke down and made this purchase. This JoJo wig may have an 8-9 label, but it fits as if it was a 9-10. I can pinch about a cm of extra fabric in the back when on my doll's head.
      Were you satisfied with the product? I am torn because I did buy these wigs discounted, but I did not assume that meant they would be of lesser quality. Some of these (for example the BJ wig with the threads) I wouldn't have even purchased second-hand at a discounted rate in the condition they are in. For the price I paid, I will do my best to make them work, especially since there are no refunds, but I would have appreciated knowing the quality was slipping/not to the same degree as the perfection of Monique Wigs purchased from a dealer.
      Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) The shipping time was fast and the wigs seemed decently packaged to ship. However, the wigs were not to the quality of my other Monique Wigs and they all are shedding, something I have never encountered before
      Would you buy more from this company? I have purchased multiple wigs from this company previously, but the quality of these wigs makes me question wanting to buy any more than a dealer may get in stock after this going out of business sale. Again, usually, these wigs are high-quality, amazing wigs, but that was not what I experienced this time.