1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Licht 2.5D Product Review

Dec 17, 2012

1. Now that they have an international store, I thought I'd set up a feedback thread for them.

* What did you order?

* When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order?
      L-225 in 9-9.5inch and Royal Grey
      L-187 in 8-9 and William Red Brown
      * When did you order?
      6/10/2012
      Absolutely. The quality is great and they're quite a bit cheaper than comparable, better-known brands.
      The grey wig is quite a bit lighter than the sales photos, but it's still very pretty. The red wig I couldn't find any examples of the colour when I bought it, but the style is as the photos.
      Yes, definitely.
      PROS:
      The fibres are very thick and soft.
      The wig caps are well-constructed and have some flexibility to them.
      Beautiful, unusual style wigs.
      The ponytail part of the grey wig is clip-on, so the wig can be used with or without it.
      CONS:
      The sales pictures don't always accurately reflect the actual colour.
      The front of the parting on the red wig shows some of the wig cap. The wig cap is beige and looks fine on lighter dolls, but wouldn't suit brown or unusual-coloured resins.
      Yes, especially now that they have a proper international store.

3. Negative review out of frustration
      1. They dont answer emails
      2. The dont answer Q&A posts with anything that makes sense
      3. It has been over a week and my items remain in unshipped status.

4. If you look here... It says 4 - 6 weeks to ship

Im not sure how accurate this is but... could someone that has ordered from them verify this ?

5. * What did you order?
      12 wigs

* When did you order?
      15th December 2012 (it was shipped on 3rd January 2013)

yes, the wigs are soft and beautiful.

mostly yes, maybe the wig's colors are a bit different than in the pictures but that is normal.

yes

not sure. I asked them for a small request during shipping to avoid problems with the Customs of my country and they assured me that the would do it, but they didn't. Also they took almost 3 weeks to ship the items that they were already in stock.

6. I ordered through a shopping service before they opened their international store, but it took about two weeks for my agent to receive the wigs and they were listed as in stock on Taobao. Maybe the communication/shipping times posts should be split into a new thread in the service review sub forum? I think this forum is just for reviews of the goods themselves.

7. * What did you order?

I ordered four wigs: D-7, L-236, L-19, and L-034.

* When did you order?

Dec. 17th, 2012. I received my order on Dec. 27th.

Of the wigs that I could use, the quality was very good. Aside from the sizes being wrong, the others were also well-made.

Yes.

Of the four wigs I ordered, two were the wrong size. Of the two that fit, I am satisfied--they are very soft and the color is beautiful. The two that don't fit are nice, but each a full size smaller than what I ordered.

Probably not, considering that on my first order they messed up half of it. :/ At first they tried to tell me how to put a wig on a doll, after I sent pictures of how they totally didn't fit the dolls they were meant for. Eventually they refunded me for the two that didn't fit, and they never asked me to send them back--so my experience was not exactly negative. I am disappointed, but the solution was the best I could ask for.

8. * What did you order?
      17 wigs.
      * When did you order? December 15, 2012
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes! I only had problems with one wig out of seventeen; the others were all in excellent shape. I've paid twice as much for wigs from Leeke & Soom that were not nearly as nice as these.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Absolutely.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) One wig (style L-19) had some problem fibers that stuck out a bit and the wig cap has virtually no stretch; they have since updated the item listing to mention the wig cap stretch issue. Otherwise, the wig fibers were very soft on all wigs, and even the lighter colour wigs had very few issues with wig caps showing, which I've found to be an issue from many other brands.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Most definitely!

If it's not a problem to link to off-site, I posted many photographs and more commentary on each individual wig on tumblr: part 1, part 2, part 3 (very image heavy, contains doll-nudity).

9. * What did you order?
      L-19

* When did you order?
      29/12/2012

Quality was definitely worth the price

98% of it did.

Very.

Pros : It quality is really good and its really soft.

Cons : The wig cap doesnt stretch so its advisable to
      buy a size bigger. (wish some1 had told me that in advance T_T But i managed to get it on my SD after much struggling)

Definitely! If they dont mess my tracking number up again...

10. * What did you order?
      L-190
      (x-mas limited) in Sweet Candy 8-9 + L-522 in Sakura Pink 8-9

* When did you order?

17th December, received 30th January. (Licht kindly send me an email on the 18th informing me that there would be a 40-60 day wait becuase of the x-mas limited wig) I did get a shipping notice it was just in my spam folder~XD

Yes! The fibre is lovely and soft and holds its shape very well (also they had a Christmas sale on too, so many wigs were discounted! >w<)

Yes, the colours are fairly close to the sales pictures, and the styles of my wigs are the same.

Yep.

'Full' wig (no thinness or wigcap showing) soft fibres and nice vibrant colours~:aheartbea I was not expecting the detachable 'tails' of L-522 to be so long! (almost as long as my entire arm!) Because of their size they are quite heavy, and have some trouble staying 'up' and not sliding down the dolls head; but it's not a big issue really.

If they have more cute, colourful styles, or have another sale (and I have the money) then quite possibly!

11. * What did you order?
      D-9 Lily of the Valley Gold in 7-8", L-190 Berry in 7-8", L-190 Sweet Candy in 6-6.5", L-034 Cherry Kiss in 6-6.5", A-7 Cappachino in 6-6.5" (out of stock, replaced with G-2 Milk Pudding in 6-6.5")

* When did you order?
      December 19th, 2012

Absolutely. The fact that all of the wigs on sale were a good incentive to try out the company, but they were great prices to begin with.

Yes, the promotional photos are very accurate so far.

I am! They are wonderful.

Positive:
      - Great price
      - Nice soft fiber
      - Sizing is accurate
      - superb selection of colors and styles

Negative:
      - D-9 has a bit of a quality issue, but it was the cheapest of the bunch
      - L-9- in Sweet Candy is slightly thin in the bangs area but is hardly noticeable.

I just placed another order about 15 minutes ago:D

[​IMG]
      Licht G-2 Milk Pudding by &#10023;Venetica, on Flickr

12. * What did you order?
      L-186 Hydrangea, L-034 Siren Blue, L-19 in Mixed Gold, all in size 7-8"

* When did you order?
      February 5th, 2013

Yes! One of the wigs has an issue with its elastic (L-19), but I was contacted right away about it. It doesn't have much give, but other than that it's fine.

Yes, but the side fringe on L-186 is longer and needs to be cut. Also, the color I got this particular wig in was not shown on the website so I didn't really know what it would look like when I received it.

Yup!

Positive:
      - Great price
      - Nice soft fiber
      - Sizing is accurate

Negative:
      - The elastic in L-19 is pretty stiff but I was informed of the issue.

Of course!

[​IMG]
      Licht L-034 Siren Blue by &#10023;Venetica, on Flickr

13. * What did you order?
      L-035BY in 6-6.8 (they sent a 7-8)
      A-3 in blue 6-6.8
      * When did you order?
      Late January, didn't arrive until May 5, 2013
      Yes. They are great quality wigs but run very small.
      Yes.
      No. The wigs run very small. Had I known they ran small, I would have ordered up a size.
      Most of what I have are negatives:
      These wigs are too damn small. They are sized wrong. I specifically ordered the blue wig for a doll, but it's way too small for his head, which is very disappointing as I had to wait nearly 5 months just to get it in the mail.
      No way. They charge PayPal fees (which is against PayPal policy), had an insanely long ship time, and their wigs are sized too small. I've had too many bad things happen with this one order, so I will never order from them again.

14. * What did you order?
      Five wigs - L-273 Red Gold, L-038A CandyPink, L-398 Toffee, L-382 Small Hag (Twain), L-382 Calamus (Twain) all in size 9-9.5

* When did you order?
      May 31, 2014

Yes, Licht wigs are very affordable and are excellent quality.

Yes, the colors are very accurate, but I'd say the main piece of the ponytail wigs (L-382) are "fuller" than pictured, so they can be used alone as a short bob style.

Absolutely! I took the advice of other buyers and upped the size to 9-9.5 even though I wanted them in 8-9. I don't have an SD to try them on yet, but I have a Leeke wig that is 8-9" and they don't seem much bigger.

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product.

Positive:
      - Good prices
      - Soft and quality fiber
      - Excellent selection of fantasy color wigs

Negative:
      - Apparently the sizing for the bigger sizes is inaccurate, but I was aware of this issue beforehand and ordered accordingly.
      - L-398 needs a little bit of effort to prevent the wig cap from showing in the front. This style has no bangs so it is not unusual.

Yes, definitely! I will add photos as soon as I have a model
      :)

15. * What did you order?
      Cloth and wigs.
      * When did you order?
      Last year around summer
      Yes.
      Yes.
      Yes.
      Positives
      Good looking wigs, they have their own styles.
      Cheaper than buying from ebay.

No negatives.
      Maybe.

16. * What did you order? x2 7~8 wigs and an MSD outfit
      * When did you order? March 15, 2016
      Yes! I felt like they were very cheap comparative to items from other companies I was considering.
      Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Absolutely, the wigs are 100% gorgeous, and the outfit is very detailed and feels quality.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes! I'm looking forward to seeing more from them.

a shot of the outfit -
      [​IMG]

and a wig - sorry it's not a great shot but it looks wonderful irl
      [​IMG]

17. * What did you order? Eyes: PSYCHEDELICO in Blue
      Corallite in Red
      Wigs: YG-10 in natural black and YG-10 in cream gold
      * When did you order? 4/4/16
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? They were all excellent quality, I would have paid more.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied. The eyes were particularly beautiful, so unique.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Definitely :)