1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mystic Kids Product Review

Mar 2, 2013

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order?
      Mystic Kids 1/4 Evelyn Fullset

* When did you order?
      January 8th, 2013 from Eden Doll

The quality of everything is excellent, especially for how affordable the dolls are from this company. They were also having an event sale which made the deal even sweeter.

Yes, it's very close. Her face up is a little lighter in person, and the criss-crossing on her top is a little off. Other than that everything looks just like the photos.

Absolutely and I stand by this company's products.

Positive:
      - Solid and heavy resin.
      - Sanded down to perfection.
      - Wonderfully engineered body.
      - The fullset outfit is gorgeous and looks just like the photos.
      - Excellent prices!

Negative:
      - Her fullset wig is very tight and it's very difficult to separate the side fringe from the rest of her hair.
      - The criss-crossing on her top is not sewn evenly.

Most definitely!

[​IMG]
      Evelyn Box Opening 9 by ✧Venetica, on Flickr

I have a review of the Mystic Kids 1/4 body if anyone is interested:) You can find it here.

3. * What did you order?
      Mystic Kids 1/4 Gene
      * When did you order?
      March 7th, 2013 through an intermediary

Doll Excellence

Looks just like the pictures. Face was a little smaller than I had expected

Yes, I loved the doll!

Positive:
      - Solid and heavy resin.
      - Sanded down to perfection.
      - Excellent prices!

Negative:
      Do not like the quality of the wig

Yes, I want to buy a baby girl
      [​IMG]

4. * What did you order? Mystic Kids Miri
      * When did you order? May 2014
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I think the quality is better than the price.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very very satisfied.
      Positives: Good quality resin, no seamlines that I can see, joints all fit together nicely, the default face-up is very nicely done.
      Negatives: I don't really think this is too negative but i did have to restring her when she got here because she was strung REALLY tight, and extra string is not included, and the string inside is cut too short to adjust.
      Absolutely!

[​IMG]

5. Excuse me, where did you order your doll from? Which website to be exact? Thank you in advance ^_^

6. I guess I'm pretty late giving feedback from when I originally received, but hey, better late than never.

* What did you order
      Mystic Kids Sean with Francis' fullset
      * When did you order?
      October '13
      The quality really blew me away for the price. Quality is in my opinion on par with more expensive companies like Doll Chateau and LoongSoul (those specifically because those are the only more expensive companies I have at hand to compare to)
      It sure did! The fullset outfit was spot-on, except for a missing pin part for the brooch, but those are very inexpensive and easy to find.
      Absolutely! For a first doll, I really picked well.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product
      Pros:
      - Thick and quality resin
      - not a single seam line
      - well-engineered joints
      - attractively sculpted
      - free underwear!
      - really nice glass eyes
      - wig was of good quality, as were the clothes
      - nice trading/credit card style CoA

Cons:
      - perhaps strung too tightly
      - missing minor piece from outfit

Absolutely!

[​IMG]

7. * What did you order?
      Mystic Kids 1/4 Lillian
      * When did you order?
      Sometime in April... From Alice's Collections!
      Yup! The price was really affordable for such a great doll!
      Yeah, exactly the same, right down to the eyelashes~
      Extremely, thank you ^-^
      Positives:
      The quality of the doll was incredibly lovely considering the price. The clothes from the Fullset fit beautifully!

Negatives:
      In the sales pictures, the wig looked like it had a pink tint at the bottom, but it didn't. And inside the head, the piece of the eye that you hold to reposition or position it was broken...

Sure, but I like variety, so maybe (?)

8. * What did you order?
      Mystics Kid Gene 1/4 (nude)
      * When did you order?
      August 2014
      Everything is much better than what I have expected ♥
      Yes, exactly, or I have to say much better ♥
      YEP!!!! I just can't say enough how much I'm satisfied.
      - Nice sculpt that I have nothing to complain.
      - Completely smooth and no seamline ♥
      - The price is reasonable and really worth.
      Yep, I'm planning to buy one 1/6 baby boy.

[​IMG]

9. * What did you order?
      Mystics Kid Lawrence
      * When did you order?
      2 May 2015
      Yes (I guess so? I'm not sure.)
      Yes, except for the wig, it couldn't seem to fit.
      (I wonder why they could fit in the picture? Did they use bluetacs or sth?)

I would say yes, but not fully satisfied due to minor damaged area in the product.

Negatives:
      -I think the nose sculpted abit sharp.

Positive:
      - Nice features of the face, did perfectly well for it. I really like his eyes. So handsome!
      - smooth and no seamline at all ♥
      - they provide free sponge inside the doll box.

Maybe, only if their dolls seems eye catching to me.

10. * What did you order?
      Mystic Kids Francis

* When did you order?
      July, 5th 2015 from Junkyspot. Default face-up, nude
      Yes, absolutely!
      Yes, even more beautiful in person

Yes!
      - Good resin and no seamlines
      - Default face up is beautiful and well done
      Yes

[​IMG]

11. * What did you order?
      Mystic Kids Evelyn
      * When did you order?
      May 1st, 2015
      Yes! I bought her on sale, for 10% off.
      Mostly. There are some small, almost unnoticeable, differences in the faceup. However, that is to be expected.
      Yes.
      Mystic Kids sells cheap dolls with wonderful quality. My Evelyn poses like a champ, and her faceup is very clear and defined. I'd also like to mention that she took a big tumble on to a marble floor, and survived with no damage at all!
      Definitely

[​IMG]

12. * What did you order?
      Mystic Kids 1/3 Milo

* When did you order?
      July 3, 2016 through Alice's Collections

They were having an event sale! To add on, the price is pretty good for the size of the doll in the first place and the quality is wonderful!

He does! I made his face up way lighter than the default face up and he basically looks like a different doll lol

Very satisfied! I'm happy with my boy and I already have other dolls that I want from Mystic Kids!

Positive:
      - Solid heavy resin
      - VERY smooth!
      - Looks like the pictures
      - The sculpts have amazing detail!

Negative:
      - His eyes aren't EXACTLY symmetrical but that's okay. That's how real faces work anyway
      - The inside of his head isn't sanded so removing eye putty is very difficult
      - The arms were strung VERY tight so I had to put him in a weird position for a while to kind of stretch it a bit
      - The stringing on his legs are kind of loose now even though I've only had him sitting and have only had him for 4 days...

Of course!

[​IMG]

13. * What did you order?
      Lillian, 45cm Mystic Kids Girl with pink skin, Fullset (minus the wig and with different shoes since they were out of stock of the originals)

* When did you order?
      6/20/2017, arrived 8/17/17

Yes, the outfit seemed especially good quality for the price. I got the doll during a promotion and think she was an excellent deal at the price.

The doll was spot on. The outfit was mostly the same, save the heart pin being kind of yellow and ugly instead of pink and cute.

Yes! I really like the doll and the outfit.

I really like the doll's face up, but my sister happened to touch the beauty mark and it SMUGED. I am now afraid to touch her face.
      The body seems nice and solid and poses well. This was my first time getting pink skin and I think she looks very nice in this color.

If I can find another of their dolls I like as much as Lilian, I would happily place another order.

14. * What did you order?
      Mystic kids Natalia in Normal resin, full set (1/4)
      * When did you order?
      around 20th November 2017
      Yes, except the handbag of the full set which was a disappointing mess but was more of an extra tidbit
      Yes
      Yes
      The doll is beautiful but was very tightly strung when she arrived, by now she is more flexible. The notches in her body to lock sections of her torso and her hip joints in place can be very useful when figured out- gives a lot more stability and possibility.

Extras: the wig is still shedding so probably avoid the full set wigs. The shoes are great! The clothes have so many layers I wish they made a guide on how to put the whole thing on? Did replace some buttons and sown up some edges where the industrial glue was.

Yes, Nelly (1/6) is on my radar

First picture is slightly older, the second is newer with an alternate wig
      [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. * What did you order?
      Mystic Kids Francis (1/4) in normal skin with default face-up.

* When did you order?
      11/05/2019

Yes! He is very cheap compare to most of 1/4 out there, and yet he feels very solid, smooth and even resin and very pretty face and face-up, albeit very simple and a bit pale...(tho I liked it that way for him :)

Yes!

Yes!

Positives: He is my second doll so I am not experienced in this, but he's got a bit weight and thus feels very robust. I got the three part body, so he is very posable and flexible -- once the string has loosened up. Also he's body has a beautiful proportion!

Negatives: he is a little too tightly strung. The S hook from the neck is so hard to pull up I am scared to take his head off and change his clothes. However this does not bother me too much, and it is already loosening up.

Yes in a sense that I would recommend this company to anyone, especially newbies who wants a taste of the hobby without bleeding from their wallet :)

16. * What did you order? Mystic Kids Lawrence (1/3)
      * When did you order? Jan 19, 2020, ordered from Junkyspot; arrived Jan 24, 2020.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, seems good quality
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Definitely
      Resin seems good quality, and i like the texture
      I like both the eyes and the faceup he came with, though I'll likely change the eyes out
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes

Pardon the jury-rigged clothing and bandanna, neither clothing nor wig has arrived yet.

[​IMG]

17. * What did you order?
      Mystic Kids - QingChen FOX - Full Set (Skin Tone: Normal Pink + Face-Up + Clothes + Shoes + Wig + Special Ears) (SD 71 cm Boy)

* When did you order?
      Ordered: August 01, 2020 (Event) at Alice's Collections. / Arrived: October 02, 2020.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional):
      This is my first BJD and this is all what I can say about it right now...

Positives:
      - Good quality.
      - Solid and heavy resin.
      - The beautiful doll with it's company face-up and outfit (Full Set) looks like the promotion photos.

Negatives:
      - Perhaps strung too tightly.

Yes.

18. * What did you order? Qingchen fox

* When did you order? 5/6/2020

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes

* Were you satisfied with the product? Very

Positives-
      Great quality doll.
      Beautiful faceup. (even had sparkles on face)
      Cute fox ears with strong magnets.
      Came with default eyes.
      Very large doll.

Negatives-
      Wish default pants and shoes were better quality.
      Wig is too long and gets tangled easily.

* Would you buy more from this company?Absolutely.

[​IMG]

#18 amello239, Oct 4, 2020
      Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    19. What did you order?
      Mystic Kids Ellis 1/3, Normal Skin with Face up

When did you order?

5/29/2020

Yes, plus there was an event sale

Yes

Most definitely

Positive: -Affordable, Good quality resin, Can stand well/Sturdy, No seam lines, Love the slight veining in the hands and feet .

Negative: -Not a fan of the micro glitter in the face up, I personally always had difficulty with peanut joints but I'll get used to it, Afraid his feet might be on the wide side but I only have pair of shoes to test that theory so it might just be the shoes for now.

Yup

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

20. I thought I should review my doll here also :love

What did you order? A Mystic Kids fullset Alina

When did you order? 7th of October 2020 via Alice Collection’s

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? It was, the doll and clothing quality were really nice, they had run out of her shoes but offered me either a refund of the shoes or another pair of shoes from another fullset doll Eileen. I chose to take the replacement shoes as I’m sure I’ll find something to do with them and have ordered Alina another pair of shoes from AC

Did the item look like the sales pictures? It did even better for the face up, mine had a different decoration on the headpiece than the company photo I’m assuming they run out of the default decoration but I prefer how mine looks anyway

Were you satisfied with the product? I was very satisfied

Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) the company face up had some really nice shimmer under the eyes which is very pretty, it seems to be more under one eye on mine than the other but I like it looks unique. Her eyelashes and eye makeup in particular is really nice also.

Would you buy more from this company? I would; they are very reasonably priced and ship quickly

[​IMG]