1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback for April Story

Mar 2, 2013

1. Feedback for April Story.

http://www.4sdoll.com/

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order?
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them?
      * Would you order from this company again?

2. * What did you order? New Ishyllia - Normal skin with faceup up & junior girl body.

* When did you order? 19th July 2015.

* How was the communication? Prompt, but in my opinion, told lots of fibs.

* How easy was it to pay? Very easy via PayPal.

* How long did it take to ship? Was initally told it would be shipped mid October, then 21st, again 30th, and 11th November, then 13th November. Finally received a tracking # 24th November! Doll received 1st December.

* Were there any missing or broken items in your order? N/A

* If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? Yes, many broken shipping promises, so many in fact, I no longer believe a word they say!

* Would you order from this company again? NEVER

Please Note ~ I have bought many dolls from a lot of different companies, and this has been the worst experience I have ever had. We booked a holiday based on the first shipping date and ended up having to cancel because of all the changes in the shipping dates.

#2 Xanadu Dolls, Nov 23, 2015
      Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    3. * What did you order? 1+1 event Raven and Adrian
      * When did you order? 15/08/2015
      * How was the communication? not sure what they tell is real about the shipping date
      * How easy was it to pay? easy to pay
      * How long did it take to ship? still not receive any update til now (13/02/2016)
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? DIDNOT RECEIVE the order
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? like Xanadu Dolls said, can't trust their promised shipping date. Coz they keep telling me will shipping next week but I still can't get any update of my orders. Finally I request full refund.
      * Would you order from this company again? NEVER

Even they offer points for delay shipment. I wont buy it again.

4. * What did you order?
      1 + 1 event Fall and anthony both with faceups, as well as a junior body.
      * When did you order? August 14th
      * How was the communication? At first it was great. April story got back to me very quickly, and even sent follow up emails to make sure I got there messages. But as time went on and my order became later and later they stopped replying.
      * How easy was it to pay? Paid through paypal, so very easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? 5 months
      * Were there any missing or broken items in your order? Nothing was broken, But the spare body I ordered was noticeably worse quality than the two full dolls. It honestly seemed like they rushed and sent unfinished products because of how late my order was.
      * If there were any problems with your order, how did the company handle them? The company would constantly tell me my dolls were ready to ship within a week, Then I would check back much later to find out they didn't even have their faceups and it would be "another week" This went on for months
      * Would you order from this company again? Probably not. They have very nice face sculpts but I was put off by the lies about shipping dates when my order wasn't even finished and felt what I received was very poor quality.

5. * What did you order?
      Seniors Adrian and Adrienne, in their 1+1 Event.

* When did you order?

Dec 31st, 2015

Abysmal. They missed one of my layaway payments and never said a word, had I not asked after my dolls I still wouldn't have them. Then they kept making promises about shipping dates they couldn't keep. When my dolls did ship (missing the 12 months mark by inches) I got no shipping notice.

Should have been easy (paypal), but they missed the first payment's confirmation e-mail and consequently considered my dolls not paid off (in spite of including the order number and number of payment(s)).

Just shy of a year.

No, everything was complete. They do have very sharp seam lines though (like, accidentally hurt yourself sharp).

Poorly. The first thing that went wrong was that my first LA payment had gone through but somehow the notification from paypal went missing, so when I asked after my dolls after several months (like, half a year after paying off the layaway when other Adrians started shipping) they claimed I still had to pay $200. We worked that out rather quickly, so that was good. But from that point on it still took four months to actually get my dolls.
      They kept claiming nothing was wrong, promised to ship by a certain date then weren't able to do so.

Absolutely not. I'm sorry for the artist(s) because their sculpting is really nice, but they broke too many promises.

6. * What did you order?
      Their new(er) NS17 Boy Body in WS and Spring head in NS

* When did you order?
      December 14, during their holiday 2016 event (40% off and free gift head)

It was great - I had emailed a few days prior about getting my body in one color, and the head in another. Their response was within 1 business day.

Very; through Paypal.

My order shipped on January 3, 14 business days after placing the order. They currently are advertising that they will ship orders within 10 business days. I didn't expect them to actually keep to that, so although it was a few days longer, I was still impressed

No

N/A

If I needed something from them, yes.

7. I was waiting for my dolls to arrive before I left feedback for this shop, but now I'm unsure they ever will.

* What did you order?
      Two Sophia dolls.

* When did you order?
      I ordered them back in 2015, but the final layaway payment was on Jan 11 2016.

At least I can say they always reply, and fast.

Easy enough through Paypal.

Over one year, and counting.
      The store claims to have shipped them last year at some point, but have failed to provide a valid tracking number to prove that.
      First, on Dec 2016, after almost a year of my final payment, they gave me a shipping number that referred to a package delivered to an address in Germany at the beginning of 2016 (I gave them a Brazilian address). Then, they claimed that they shipped my dolls to the wrong address, and were unable to retrieve them, so they would create new dolls. Now, on Jan 25 2017, they claim that they actually shipped my dolls, but that they were returned to them because I failed to receive the package (?!). But I'm still waiting for that one shipping number that proves any of this to be true, over one year later. I don't know what to believe anymore.

I haven't received my order yet. I don't know if I will ever receive them.

The company replies to my questions, and they are polite, but... Since they have failed to give me any proof that my dolls were ever shipped and it's been over a year now since I have paid for these dolls, I don't feel like I can believe in what they say anymore. I have been asking about my dolls since September 2016, and all they do is tell me that "they will be shipped within a couple of days", "they will be shipped until the end of the week", "they will let me know tomorrow", and finally, that they "have shipped" my dolls... To Germany. And then, that they have shipped the dolls to me, and to the right address (no tracking number nor comments regarding exactly **when** that happened, though)... And now they were supposedly returned to them for some reason.
      I don't know if I will receive my dolls at some point, but I admit I'm finally losing hope.

No. No, no, no. No. No.
      I feel even more upset over this situation because April Story used to be my favorite company.

8. * What did you order?
      NS13 (Junior) girl body + free Rebecca head in black skin

* When did you order?
      December 19, 2016

Fast, but I was constantly given incorrect information after the 10 business day wait time they advertise

A little confusing because while they offer black skin for select dolls, they did not on the one I ordered. They told me to order her in normal skin, but then pay $200 extra for black skin and make a note for them. Instead of just checking out regularly, I had to manually send them a PayPal payment.

45 days (31 Korean business days)

No

YES.
      The company promotes a 10 business day wait time, with no restrictions on the doll I ordered. After 15 business days, I contacted them to ask about my doll. They claimed there were "perhaps" problems with her color (regardless of the fact they initially told me they could do it and I paid almost as much for the color as I did for the whole doll!), but they would ship by the end of the week. They didn't. I asked again after another week, they said her color is a problem, but they shipped her and gave me a tracking number, said she would arrive in about a week. That number never worked, she did not arrive and USPS told me it was a fake number. I asked April Story about this, they said there was a problem in the factory, but they didn't know what that was. I told them I wanted my doll or a working tracking number within the next four days, or I wanted a refund as I no longer trusted their word. There was no further communication and no doll in that time, so I filed with PayPal and requested a refund. Instead, AS gave me a working tracking number and said the problem was with my zip code (although I use autofill on every online order, so I know I did not enter the wrong number.). Thankfully, the doll arrived, so I closed the claim.

No, and I would not recommend them to anyone else. During my time in the waiting room, I learned other people had similar problems, including two people who were still waiting on their dolls after nearly a year, one had even been sent to the wrong country!
      However, my doll is beautiful and of good quality, so I would consider buying one secondhand.

9. * What did you order?
      AS17 Boy Body (Normal Skin)

* When did you order?
      I made my order on October 11, 2017.

Everything was good. I had no issues with my order.

I paid with PayPal so I had no issues making my payment.

My order shipped on November 1, 2017 and arrived on November 6, 2017. The advertised production time for the body was 10 business days and it took 15 business days instead. I think it was a reasonable waiting time since the company has been running events.

No.

N/A

Yes, if they have another item I am interested in.

10. * What did you order?
      1+1 Special Box

* When did you order?
      July 8, 2018

No communication at all. Got no response on the english Q&A and no response on the other notices i left via email & paypal.
      UPDATE: got an Email 1 day before the PayPal claim was decided stating order is shipped. But: no name, no order number and no tracking number was provided. It was an attempt to trick me into closing the PayPal claim. I got my money back now, April Story closed the english Q&A and my order has the same status it already had before their Email (and still no tracking number).
      UPDATE 2: The shipping Email was a trick to close the claim. April Story now send me the confirmation that the notice was wrongly send. I got my money back, will never see the dolls, case closed.

Very easy

Still not shipped, status is "item processing". Under the offer was written 40 business days. It's already more then 70 business days.

Don't know, didn't get till now. -> will never get it.

No response from April Story at all. Had to open a paypal claim. Waiting again for a response or to get my money back.
      *Read more above at "communication".

Under this circumstances? No, never. Which is sad, because i already ordered from them before and everything was fine.

#10 Doomtrain, Oct 7, 2018
      Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    11. * What did you order?
      Two full SD dolls.

* When did you order?
      One was ordered on 2017-11-23 the other 2018-01-25

Started off okay, took a while to respond. I had paid off one order in full and the second was on layaway. I made three layaway payments when I emailed AS for an update on the remaining amount left to pay. They stopped responding. I sent a few more payments and kept emailing them but eventually I stopped sending payment till I got a reply. I never got that reply till eight months later... When I was informed that my layaway was now invalid as I hadn't paid it off in time. They admitted it was their fault due to having no English speaking staff anymore.... They promised my paid off order would ship asap and they'd include a free gift as a sorry. My order has still not arrived. No refund. No dolls.

Oh yes, very easy for them to take your money.

It hasnt.... We've been here a year now.

The entire order is missing lol

Problems from the start. Company hasn't handled them. They keep taking money and orders and not shipping anything out.

Absolutely not. I would tell everyone to avoid AS at all costs. I have many of their dolls and was a big supporter of them... I feel cheated and stupid. I would recommend that no one buys from this company again. Too much of a risk. I'm down hundreds of pounds and have nothing to show for it and the company simply does not care. Excuse after excuse and broken promises. Avoid.