5th Motif Discussion - part 4

Dec 3, 2017

1. @Quiet and Insane sorry to hear you've been so busy! I'd love to see them, if you ever have a moment. I hope the next order is soon! (I'm waiting for oriental, which seems limited-y?)

#661 Xila, Jan 22, 2019
      Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    2. Here you go! They're pale tan. :) Oriental is probably one of the most popular of the colours (the others being fresh and copper oriental), and I do believe it's these three that are the ones available for regular sale, other colours must be specially ordered.

[​IMG]WP_20181014_19_03_58_Rich by Liz, on Flickr

3. Such interesting shapes! They remind me of playing the piano- I wonder how much practical use they will have. Still, I love the sculpting! :) I get the impression the hands are supposed to be non-limited, regular sale, too- but they're marked as sold out. I'll have to ask bjdivas what the status is.

4. I for one plan to reshape a couple of mine from set as none I see can hold a cup or be safe from damage so will alter especially the really spread out fingers. That is if my method works.

5. @Quiet and Insane
      Did you fill out the information in the sheet on his FB site? Did he contact you when the hands were ready?
      It’s just I filled out that document when he posted it for hands in avatar blue and caramel brown, but I have not heard anything.

6. I ordered a hand set from BJDivas recently (they still have the order up for the not-in-stock colors). They said that you can make the order, but Mr. Cho is waiting on Dollshe to cast, so he's not sure when next hands will go out if you order now.

7. @animemom that's an interesting idea! I honestly hadn't considered adjusting the fingers. Do you plan to just heat the resin and gently bend them? I did this (accidentally) with a resin piece once... it was left in the oven to dry, maybe at about 100-120*f.

8. I use the hot water method having forceps and a tea towel to slowly bend fingers then hold until resin cools. I plan to take before and after photos when I do it.

9. He filled it out for me, and then contacted me when they were ready.

10. My Venitu head is home and all done. Except in my excitement in putting his eyes in I seemed to have popped off his eyelash. Luckily DIL who did face up will swing by one night after work and fix it. But so wanted to share my red headed guy. Meet Stone.

[​IMG]Stone, my Red Head by Marie, on Flickr

11. Has anyone tried the new gesture hands on a Dollshe Rhythmos body? I have my Venitu on that body and I've been thinking about ordering the hand set at some point, but I'm not sure if they'll look too big.

12. @animemom - He looks great! :D Bummer about the eyelash, they're so frustrating at times.

And to add to the thread: Pariah got a new wig! :D I'm absolutely in love with it. Though I will admit him wearing something with colour is a little shocking. :lol:

[​IMG]WP_20190208_19_31_02_Rich by Liz, on Flickr

13. Hey there guys! This might have already been said or discussed but if so, I did not see it but does anyone perhaps have a IOS 80cm body and a venitu head they can check compatibility with? I've seen a few other bodies that are nice but this one intrigues me the highest! (I like big dolls and I cannot lie.) Thanks in advance! All other hybrid Recommendations are welcome as well!

14. @StellaMarigold Thank you for finding the picture! I’m pretty sure those are the original Rhythmos hands, but it really helps to see them right next to the timeless body hands. Thanks again! :D

15. You're welcome! @Haru's cat

Flickr is so useful for comparisons! It's pretty much my "go to" to find resin comparisons, height comparisons, etc. Sometimes it takes several different searches, but often you can find just what you're looking for.

16. Hi everyone, I'm so glad that my Enzo (Venitu) and my Wynn (goohwa) are back from faceup and I had a chance to take pic for both of them.

[​IMG]

As for Wynn, it's hard to find a suit that fits him properly, so he stole Enzo's outfit.

[​IMG]