1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Momotree / Momocolor Feedback

Dec 7, 2013

1. Please note that Momocolor changed to Momotree around February 2014.

Didn't see a feedback thread for Momotree/Momocolor, so here it is.

* What did you order?

* When did you order, and did you order from Momocolor or Momotree?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's product second-hand?

2. Totally negative feedback.

I ordered Michelle tan, without makeup; 26cm body in tan and outfit.
      Order was made on the 14-th of August, this year.
      Communication with company is poor. I have one late answer for every three letters. Totally wrote them about five or six times. I suppose some letters are being ignored. Information about the shipping time is a total lie, as I see. They can`t keep the promises to ship in a current date.
      Payment was easely done and surprisingly fast confirmed.
      But. My order is still NOT shipped even for today.
      About a week ago I asked to refund the money, but my letter still waits the reply.
      So. I will ever again have a deal with this company.
      Communication is bad, company is not keeping the shipping schedule (50-60 working days had already passed and overpassed) and is giving false promises about shipping date.

UPD. The doll and the body were both shipped on the 13-th of January.
      At last.
      I`ll never ever buy something from them again.

3. I had a perfectly good experience with Momocolor in the early spring of this year. It sounds like their customer service has gone downhill, though, from the other comments in this thread and from the discussion in the Momocolor Tiny thread.

* What did you order? Momocolor Lucy 29 cm doll in NS
      * When did you order? March 8, 2013
      * How was the communication? There were no problems. I sent them an e-mail to ask about my order (this was the first time I'd ordered directly from a doll company and not through a dealer) and they replied promptly, telling me when to expect my doll. They also sent me a shipping notice (around the expected time).
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy; I used PayPal.
      * How long did it take to ship? Just under a month.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, I'm very impressed with their doll quality.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, completely.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Based on my experience, I would, but I've heard a lot of negative things about their customer service lately. It seems like they may be experiencing problems with their volume of sales after gaining more popularity.

4. Hate to do it, but it's time for me to leave negative feedback. I'll revise this if I ever get my doll, which is looking less and less likely every day. I've since revised. See below.
      * What did you order?
      Sophie in tan, no face-up, with extra hands

* When did you order?
      Momocolor confirmed payment Oct 16, 2013

They answered my first 2 shipping inquires 40 & 65 days into the order, then nothing. They even disabled comments on their Facebook page because people were asking about their orders. Update: Never heard from Momocolor again, except a shipping notice in my email.

Easy and through PayPal

My order never shipped. It's now been over 3.5 months vs. their promised 40 days Update: My order finally shipped 7 months from the order date. Took less than a week to arrive.

Can't say. Momocolor never sent my doll Update: Completely ignoring the wait and lack of communication, I'd say yes. The doll's lack of genitalia is a little strange to me, but her tan resin is a great color, the seem lines are minimal, and her hands (normal & extra) are seriously great! Overall a great doll.

Don't know. Never saw my order Update: Yes.

* Were you satisfied with the product
      ?
      Not satisfied with having nothing, no Update: Yes

They haven't. They won't return any form of communication at all. Not through their website, email, Facebook or here on DOA. Update: As stated above, Momocolor never did answer. I would say they at least sent my doll (+ a LE outfit I didn't order), but from what I can gather, Momotree is responsible for that. (Momotree took over Momocolor, but it's unclear if they're different people are not.)

Absolutely not. They took my money, never sent my doll and stopped all communication after it was too late to file a PayPal claim. This whole thing has honestly put a damper on the hobby for me. Update: Momocolor no longer exists, but would I buy from Momotree? Not sure.... I talked to them through their facebook page, and they responded sweetly and very quickly. But until I know it's a different set of people running the company, and until they successfully send out orders, I'd have to say no. But -maybe- eventually.

* Would you buy this company's product second hand?
      Unless my order ever shows up, not even sure I'd want a second-hand product as it would remind me of this whole ordeal Update: Yes

5. * What did you order?
      A Momocolor26 Emma, ns, with face-up upper body only.
      * When did you order?
      10-10-2013
      In the beginning it was al good, but after I made my payment I never heard from them again, other than a generic email message promising the doll would be send out on 24-01-2014, which did not happen. Edit: another email was send out on 7-4-2014 with a trackingcode which worked. I never send a company so many mails before. :|
      Easy, I used paypal.
      The doll still hasn't shipped. Edit: the doll shipped on 7-4-2014 and arrived on 12-4-2014.

No, because I cannot asses the quality since the doll never arrived. Edit: the quality is good.
      I can't tell, the doll was never sent. Edit: yes.
      No, because the product is not here. Edit: yes, quality wise.
      I tried to open a paypal dispute, but the 45 days had already passed. I will try to send them emails again, but I have little hope that they will respond this time and I can't trust their word, since they made a false promise about the shipping date. Edit: after many emails and a false shipping date, I finally received a mail with trackingcode which worked. In one mail they stated we were getting a gift as compensation for the long wait, but that was not the case. They did end up shipping my doll though.
      No, absolutely not! I have a momocolor26 Michelle already, ordered in the summer of 2013. She is just lovely and everything went smooth. I ordered my Emma during the sale, expecting another smooth transaction, but Momocolor really dropped the ball here. I don't want to deal with them again and I fear that I'm being ripped off.
      Yes, the Momocolor dolls are really beautiful. Although, if I didn't have a Michelle already, I probably would have answered this question with "no" because this ordeal really left a sour taste.

If my doll does show up, I will change my feedback, but until then: this is my story. Edit: feedback changed accordingly.

6. * What did you order?
      A blank momo29 Bonnie.

* When did you order?
      I received my payment confirmation from them on October 3rd 2013.

Adequate. I was informed when they received payment. I was informed when the order shipped. I didn't ask any questions thus they had no reason to contact me further.

Easy.

It shipped on 11/23/13... So 52 days total but only 37 business days which is within their estimated production time.

Yes. There were no obvious flaws (aside from some sculpt asymmetry, which every company has to some degree) and the resin felt nice. The sculpting was nice though the joints/engineering needs some more thought, IMO. I was surprised how little protection (just some thin foam sheets around each hand and foot and the face mask, then put in a cloth bag in a box to freely shift around without any further padding) was provided during shipping, but the doll arrived without damage so apparently it was enough.

Yes.

Yes.

N/A

I don't see why not. My only concern about my experience with them was their packaging, though I mention again that my order was completely intact. If it had not, I would expect them to replace the broken part...

I don't see why not.

7. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

* What did you order?

Two pair of shoes

* When did you order?

July 2013

Poor and then no responses at all

Easy to steal money from me

Sent $96 and have never received items

NO, NO, NO! I would never buy from them again!! Service is horrible and they are thieves! BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!

No!!!!!!!!!!!

8. * What did you order?
      Gaon + Gemma head

* When did you order?
      08-December-2013, received order in June 2014

Non-existent. I moved while waiting for my doll and updated my shipping address on their website. I also emailed them at the address on their 'customer service' + their PayPal address to inform them of the new address. Despite this they shipped to the old address. As soon as I got the shipping notification I informed them the shipping address was wrong and I needed the tracking number to redirect the parcel. It took 2 emails to get it, at which point it was too late to redirect the parcel as the post office had already tried delivering at my old address. It caused me a lot of hassle to retrieve the doll.
      While I was waiting, Momocolor became Momotree. They changed the website without warning from one day to the next and my login and password did not work on the new website, and I could not retrieve any info with my order number either.

Very easy with PayPal.

Just over 6 months and my order was incomplete.

The quality was OK as expected. An item was missing.

I'm not sure because the website changed and I have no reference photos to compare with. I'm not even completely sure I got the right doll and head. I plan to ask other Momocolor doll owners for help identifying them.

Yes and no. I'm satisfied with the doll and face-up but an item was missing and their customer service is terrible.

They didn't. A pair of $50 ED eyes were missing from my order and the company ignored my mails about this issue. They were exchanging mails with other customers at the time, which is proof they were ignoring me on purpose. I actually had planned to buy a Momo 29 body and extra hands in the future, now they have lost me as a customer for ever.

No and I would warn others not to order from Momotree either. When a company chooses to communicate with some customers and ignore others, it is a massive red flag.

* Would you buy this company's product second hand?
      Possibly.

9. It's been a long time coming, and I feel I'm finally ready and composed enough to leave feedback regarding this company...

* What did you order?
      I ordered a Momo29 Olga with company face-up in tan skin.

My order was placed on the 23rd, and confirmed on the 24th of October, 2013.

Paypal transaction, quick and easy.

Nine. Months.

Deplorable. Momocolor, as it's apparent through other buyers in the same boat as I, kept little to no communication with their customers. I didn't even receive a shipping notification or tracking number when they sent my doll.

The quality of the doll was honestly worth the cost. Her resin feels nice, and the tan color is beautiful and even. She's still my favorite tan resin hue.

She did. I was initially concerned my order was going to be blundered (like many buyers before me), but she arrived just as beautiful as her photos made her out to be.

I'm satisfied with the product, even after the initial elation caused by her even coming to me at all. I had been so maddened by the agonizingly long wait and lack of communication that I swore to myself if she came at all I would immediately sell her, but seeing her in person changed my mind entirely.

N/A; but this isn't the case for many others. In fact, I hear they've been wholly ignored, so a lot of people have worse horror stories about this company than I.

No, I will never buy from them again. I have a deep love-hate with Momocolor; on one hand, they make beautiful sculpts and dainty, interesting bodies (esp. the Momo29 body)...but on the other hand you find yourself playing Russian Roulette with the company. Maybe they'll contact you, and maybe they'll send you what you purchased, but mostly they'll just give you needless stress. Momocolor's dolls are worthy of your money, but the company isn't worthy of it, hands down. I don't mind a long wait, so long as the company continues to communicate with it's buyers to alert them of any delays or issues. And that's where Momocolor failed with flying poo-brown colors. They didn't address any issues, and instead of having a community of sympathetic customers willing to wait through the errors and issues, they had a lynch mob on their hands. Communication is direly important to running a good business, it's important to nearly every aspect in life. If you fail at that, then you fail at everything.

Absolutely. I can't stand the company, but I would gladly rescue a Momo girl from the market if the need ever arose. A lot of people are selling them because of sour feelings or unexpected plans during the painfully long wait, but the Momos deserve having a good, loving home regardless of their roots.

10. * What did you order?
      SO BAD Black Queen Labi.

I ordered from Momotree on August 11 2014.

Excellent. I would sometimes receive a reply within an hour, but sometimes a few days late. They always replied though. Their english is very good and they were really nice and polite in all communication.

Easy, I paid via Paypal.

Its quoted as 40 business days but it was actually 65 business days according to the business days calculator (based on S. Korea and eliminated holidays). I find that the standard waiting time and honestly, Im still happy.

Yes - she truly is really beautiful and the clothes are extremely well made. The details on the boots and swarovski elements is fabulous. I was surprised that she arrived completely dressed - saved me time having to fiddle with all the small belts lol.

She looks so much prettier in person and the resin feels good and heavy.

Yes, very satisfied. She is a lot thinner than my YoSD girls but this isn't a company problem or flaw - just personal aesthetic preference.

Yes. They seem to be really nice and professional, a complete 180 turn from Momocolor. I think people should give them a chance because my experience with them has been extremely professional, from inquiring about their products to shipping me my doll. The packaging is cute and the hot wax stamp really sets it apart from other companies, its a cute touch.

I always prefer to purchase first hand if it is available, but yes, I would buy their dolls second hand if it was not available from the company directly.

11. * What did you order? Momocolor 26 doll
      * When did you order? jan. 2015
      * How was the communication? it was fine before my order, but later on, they are not reply my any question
      * How easy was it to pay? easy
      * How long did it take to ship? not yet, it has been 4 months already
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? don't know yet
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? don't know yet
      * Were you satisfied with the product? no answer about this
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? don't know, probably not

12. * What did you order? 2 SO BAD full sets Lucy and Labi, $1018.50 in total
      * When did you order, and did you order from MomocolorĀ or Momotree? September 2014 from Momotree
      * How was the communication? Satisfactory before I placed an order. Misleads and lies after I placed the order.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy
      * How long did it take to ship? 9 months so far and it was not shipped yet. And no communication whatsoever.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Hell NO! I could invest that amount in hundreds other dolls.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Still no dolls.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? No I am not satisfied, because Yoon took my money and disappeared.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? No, she is hiding from me and other customers.
      * Would you order from this company again? Never ever!!!
      * Would you buy this company's product second-hand? No. I wish her to have exactly as many customers as the number of dolls she shipped me.

13. * What did you order? So apparently I didn't learn my lesson last time, and ordered AGAIN. :doh Ordered a tan 29cm body.
      * When did you order, and did you order from Momocolor or Momotree? I placed the order late Jan. I think? This time through Momotree. (still can't figure out if they were the same company or not!)
      * How was the communication? Reassuringly good for a time. The body was listed as "in stock", but I gave them a couple of weeks to fill it anyway, then contacted them via email and Facebook. Got a reply within a day via Facebook, saying she would ship my package out the next day. 3 more days passed, I opened a PayPal claim, and (thankfully) got all my money back.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy. Pay your paypal invoice and you're done.
      * How long did it take to ship? Never did.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? n/a
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? n/a
      * Were you satisfied with the product? n/a
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They didn't.
      * Would you order from this company again? Definite NO this time. :eusa_naug
      * Would you buy this company's product second-hand? Yes. And I did! Their dolls are beautiful, so if I ever need some more Momo, that's the only way I'll be getting it.