1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Oscar Doll Product Review

Jun 23, 2014

1. Oscar Doll
      http://oscardoll.net/

Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses.

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.
      PLEASE STICK TO THE FACTS.

2. * What did you order? Two pairs of Aqueous eyes, from Doll Peddlar.
      * When did you order? A couple days ago - April 7th or 8th, 2015.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? The eyes do seem high quality, but there are some definite problems and I'm not really happy. I will detail below.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? For the most part, yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? No.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional). I bought these eyes based on a video review I saw that said the irises included moving pearls and gems, and thst showed footage of this. Despite that, only one of the four eyes I received has this feature (which means I have one $50 pair of eyes that does not match). In addition, the sizing on the eyes is off. The 14mm pair that I received is really 16mm, and the 10mm pair is 9mm, or even closer to something between 8mm and 9mm. The eyes are pretty, but I am dissappointed at the lack of consistency.
      * Would you buy more from this company? I'm not sure. I do know I will not buy more eyes in this particular line.

3. * What did you order? Two pairs of Aqueous eyes, second hand
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? YES! I love them, they are very unique.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yep they look lovely in my dolls.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? 100%
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) They are a bit hard to put in but that is my only gripe.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Defiantly, I'm actaully after another second hand pair right now.

4. * What did you order? Aqueous eyes
      * When did you order? early summer 2015
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? not exactly
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? some what, but I ordered through a vendor, so not Oscar Dolls fault in the least
      * Were you satisfied with the product? No - These had a crystal on the outside - and also had moving part inside. It was not mentioned that the parts moved, but I really liked that feature. However, the crystal on the outside made placing the eye very difficult. After I successfully placed it and a few moments into taking pictures - I noticed it had fallen off some where between the third and fourth photo. Replacement was sent by vendor, but I anticipate this happening again eventually, it's just not a very sturdy idea, as cute as it is.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes, over all they are lovely eyes, but I would not buy this particular eye style again. They do have some with clear, glittery base that do not have the moving part or crystal on the outside, and I would consider buying those.

5. * What did you order? 18 mm aqueous eyes from Doll Peddlar. I think they're # 001.
      * When did you order? Sometime in April of 2015
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? They were a little lighter in color than the pictures showed.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes
      **POSITIVE: The eyes are a lovely color and are full of sparkles and gemstones. They're large enough to fit into my little girl's huge eye sockets, something which I was concerned about.
      **NEGATIVE: They make my doll look vacant.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes, I intend to. I'd like to find some gray eyes for my Johnny.

#5 RagingMoon1987, Apr 19, 2016
      Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    6. * What did you order?
      14mm Love Violet, 14mm Winter Violet directly from Oscar Doll.
      * When did you order?
      Ordered on 5 May 2016.
      Shipped on 7 June 2016 using small paquet option (EMS).
      Arrived 22 June 2016.
      The quality is very impressive. They are the best eyes I've owned thus far.
      Yes, but the iris is smaller than I expected.
      Yes!
      The eyes sparkle very much, but it's difficult to capture the detail in photographs.
      Yes, I am planning a second purchase right now.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

7. * What did you order?
      Golden Butterfly 14 mm
      * When did you order?
      Dec 26, 2017, Received Dec 29 2017. Purchased in stock through Fabric, Friends & Dolls.
      Yes. Personally I'm big on Enchanted Doll Eyes so..I'm used to a higher price tag and have certain expectations that Oscar Doll didn't meet. But, based on the price being roughly half of what I spend on EDEs, I can forgive it.
      Yes and no. The pupil is a blue crystal where as the sale pictures read very clearly as green. The gradient of pink and blue also looked much more saturated in company photos where as what I received almost looks gray it's so diluted.
      Definitely.
      Again, I usually sweat by EDEs so that Oscar Doll Eyes are so flat is a little..odd to adjust to. I expected at least more layering with the crystals to create more dimension. A deeper pupil would have also been preferred to give depth. The glitter they use looks like craft glitter, it's so chunky. Again, I'm used to a very fine pearl powder..not..whatever this is supposed to be. The iris seems smaller than other 14 mm I own, but I really actually prefer this. The crystals they used too don't quite sparkle like I had hoped they would, even when well lit.
      Probably not. They just aren't my cup of tea. these eyes just really worked for a character I wanted.

Company Photo:
      [​IMG]
      Mine:
      [​IMG]

8. What did you order?
      Violent Autumn 2 16mm
      * When did you order?
      End of Dec 2017, received end of Jan 2018, almost exactly a month after ordering--just as promised.
      Yes! This is the most I have ever paid for eyes and I am amazed at the vibrancy and depth and detail they have. I don't regret paying so much for them.
      Exactly as pictured.
      Over the moon!
      Positives: they're absolutely gorgeous and high quality, capture the light well, and the detail work is fantastic. I had heard about some people receiving eyes that were quite a different color from what was pictured, and I had worried about that because I needed a very specific shade of purple for this character--but the eyes I received are the perfect color. Also, I was really pleased with the registered airmail shipping. Though the tracking never updated, it was fast (got it within a week! that's a record with airmail for me I swear) and I'm happy Oscar-Doll offers the cheaper shipping option. Also I got a bunch of goodies including stickers and some Korean snacks!
      Negatives: Not quite sure it's a negative since I think I will get used to it, but I am used to rounded glass eyes with stems. These are flat-back and a lower dome than I am used to, so I had a bit of trouble putting them in and positioning them.
      I want to say yes because I love them so much and am so happy with the goodies and shipping and timeliness and everything...however I bought these eyes for a specific doll whose character requires him to have pretty sparkly gem-like eyes and I don't have any other OCs like him. :...(

9. * What did you order?
      16mm "Bouganvillea" purple eyes

* When did you order?
      May 20, 2018. I received them on July 9, 2018.

Most definitely!

Yes.

Absolutely.

They shine brilliantly in sunlight. They're gorgeous. My only complaint is that they're flat backed, and that makes it a little harder to position the eyes.

Yes! I'll probably wait till I can afford a few pairs at once to offset the shipping cost to the US.

[​IMG]