1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Affordable MSD-size clothing/wigs?

Dec 3, 2007

1. I hope this is the right section for this question... it seemed the most fitting!

Anyway, I'm recieving my first bjd this Christmas and I was thinking of buying him an outfit or another wig for when he arrives, but I'm really not sure of where the best place to shop at would be!

I'm not looking for anything too extravagant, just a little something for him to wear when he arrives that would preferably not be too expensive both in terms of price and postage (to the UK).. though maybe I'll have to sacrifice there?

So, I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations? Thank you! ^___^

2. do you guys have Friends to be made or Build a Bears? They have nice stuff that I thought was really reasonable (less than $20 for complete outfits, separates for as little as $4-8). If not, I can't be of much help.

3. the marketplace is your best bet. You could commission something from a seamstress there.

There's build-a-bear like Javaquis said. Teen Trends dolls are good for MSD girls but alas there aren't any boy clothes that I could find. Believe me, I've looked. *sigh*

The marketplace... once you get access to it or in the mean time look at people's signatures. Many people advertise their services there. You could always PM them if you can't see their thread in the marketplace. I could make you something if you'd like for a reasonable price. Do you have anything in particular in mind?

4. Hi I moved this thread size specific mini dolls discussion since you would probably get more responses there

5. i am planning on ordering from doll more on the 28th of this month and i will quite probably make a group order for the uk (to save on postage) they are the best ways to save on the postage. and dollmore is a reasonable priced place. www.dollmore.com but the postage is £15 ish to the uk from there :(

6. Clothes, shoes - F2BM, dollmore, ebay or the marketplace once you gain access to it
      wigs- depends if you want fiber or fur

7. Unfortunately, when you get a male mini you don't get to take advantage of most of the cheap stuff around. Most inexpensive stuff is made for commercial vinyl and cloth dolls which are almost all female in the 16-17 inch range.

Shoes - Juju's Dolly Mall has inexpensive girl BJD shoes in 2 sizes plus a custom shaped shoe for Sharmin (those are in the same category as 58 MSD shoes, but separate listings).
      http://www.jujusdollymall.com/

Kemper Dolls also has some less expensive shoes - not sure about boy shoes though.

Cheap wigs are Faux Fur wigs. Kemper occasionally has a regular wig on sale but usually not in the size you want, but Kemper's own wigs can be less expensive than the usual BJD wigs.

Friends2BMade "Friends" clothing does have a Boys section and also some sports clothes in season. The slacks sometimes fit minis with the shortest legs and smaller hips. Fit varies - find the friends2bmade thread and on DoA search the thread for database to find a link to the fairly new database of fit.
      http://www.friends2bmade.com/

Teen Trends clothes (female again) fit a number of slim mature minis though slacks may be too tight. The shoes fit the smaller mini feet (Unoa for example).

Narae's slim 55mm foot will fit in many Crissy shoes.

The slimmest female minis can wear some Tonner Tyler stuff, some Franklin Mint, some Ellowyne Wilde, maybe some Gene. (though I think not slacks).

The slimmest males can sometimes fit in Tonner Matt clothing (Narin can wear Matt's suit). Narae can also wear the slacks.

Carolyn

8. Thank you so much for all the suggestions! They're really helpful! I'm going to look through them all now. My brother has some old build a bear things I think so I can try them out at some point :)

9. Is there a place that sells reasonably priced msd creepers (shoes)?

10. I looked up what creeper shoes were, and I would say no cheap ones, and maybe not anything exactly like that. Try looking at M size boy shoes at Leekeworld (not sure which mini boys Leeke would fit).

I see some on Ebay but only SD13 size from Jpopdolls

Carolyn

11. Build a Bear will not fit- Friends 2 B Made (their people dolls) are the ones whose clothes fit MSD sized dolls. :) The bears are much larger and a totally different shape.

12. Many physical Build-A-Bear stores also carry some Friends2BMade "Friends" clothes (and note - the "Sweethearts" clothes are for chubby toddler rag dolls and won't fit MSD. Only the Friends clothes may fit). And apparently some stores don't mind you bringing your BJD in to try thing on.

Read some of the gigantic Friends2BMade thread. Most recent clothes would be closer to the end of the thread.

Here I posted the links to the thread, the database or people's fit reports, the store, and general fit comments:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179867

Carolyn

13. Aah I see, I did think the bears were rather chubby compared to bjds ^^; I'll have to check for the Friends2BMade versions next time I'm around the nearest branch, it looks like they have some cute things available. Thank you again!

14. Good luck with your shopping- they do indeed have some very cute clothing (I have a whole bunch of F2BM stuff for my mini girl) and apparently sometimes the physical stores have things that aren't listed on the website. :)

15. Actually, minis up to actual Volks MSD can wear Matt O'Neill (from the Tonner line) clothing. I tried a suit on an MSD at a meet, and it worked well enough.
      The shirt cuffs often won't fasten over the bjd wrists, and shirts and jackets are a little too tall through the shoulders.

But several of my boy dolls, and not the skinniest, wear Matt O'Neill clothing when they need to be in a suit.
      Now, if only I could convince them also to wear proper shoes with a suit, and not their sneakers!

Ann in CT

Not, however, likely to be local in the UK, or cheap, either. ;)

16. I found a three-pack of Groovy Girls t-shirts at Tuesday Morning for $1.99. I have a 16-17 inch tall bjd and they fit her-- all the shirts are a little too short-- but lots of bjd's wear them short-- they show the midriff One of the little shirts has straps that will need to be adjusted to go over the shoulders if your msd has kind of big shoulders (mine does).

As far as Tuesday Morning goes, they seem to be all out of the Teen Trends doll clothes which I have been buying in bulk for my MSD. The Groovy Girls clothes look like they would fit, but not necessarily fit well and some of the clothes are kind of goofy and would need serious modification. However, they have these soft bodied dolls by Gund (Gund Girls or something?) and while I have not seen these dolls' clothing sold separately, I highly suspect that their outfits would fit MSD. Of course, you have to find something to do with the naked doll after you buy her and take all her clothes away (I've been donating mine to a local children's hospital).

Also, I saw a Tyler fashion doll who could be bought and stripped of her clothing-- at a somewhat higher price-- around $30. I didn't like the outfit enough.

17. uoh.. ^^

I have the same problem as etoilerose, so thanks for all recommendations? I'm already looking at friends to be made and I think i'm gonna buy some stuff from there! :)