1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Akagidoll Tanta review

Apr 22, 2014

1. My first BJD was an Akagidoll Tanta. because it was my first time dropping such a large amount of money on a doll i tried to go with something relatively inexpensive that would just give me a feel for the hobby. i ordered him off Ebay from Jeeryama (Christina). She was extremely friendly and accommodating. even so it took about 3 months for me to finally get the doll. since Akagidoll is still relatively new and not well known i figured i'd Wright a wee review highlighting the pros and cons. i'm writing as a doll owner, for info on the resin type and whatnot see their website or jeeryama's page.

Pros:sweat
      at 72 cm Tanta is one of the larger dolls on the market.
      resin quality seems good and sturdy.
      the faceup they offer is beautiful, not overdone, not too light.
      he has a very attractive moderately muscular body sculpt. if i had to put an age on it i'd say he'd qualify for a man between 25-35.
      i got mine in normal skin. it's a Caucasian flesh tone that doesn't look too pink or too yellow in my opinion.
      posing ability is about an 7.5/ 8 out of 10
      his hands have lovely details and veins.

Cons:(
      he has weirdly posed hands. they look a little aggressive for a relatively gentle looking doll [i boiled mine to reform one of the hands, looks much better now]
      3 of his fingers on each hand are webbed.
      his torso/ chest piece doesn't really pose...not even sure why it's there. [he's redeemed by his abdomen/ waist joint.]
      he has a very pointy nose, though if this is to your taste then it's not really a con. noses can always be sanded down too.
      he's not at all good with holding his armes in a pose.
      last i checked there weren't really that many options for skin colours.

overall i'd give this boy an 8 out of 10 as BJD:goldstar i've had mine for a year now, no regrets ^^
      [​IMG]
      outfit and wig by me

2. I was looking and the Tanta today and appreciate your review. I'd love to see more pictures. I think the outfit looks great.

3. :) thank you. he really doesn't get the credit he deserves. he's quite resilient.he has a very graceful look to him and works very well for photos. i just wish he would hold his arms O.o
      i have many pictures of him on my DA account. http://maryamdn.deviantart.com/
      [​IMG]

4. i just tried to load another picture. unfortunately i'm travelling in a country that doesn't allow me to load DoA properly so i apologise if it didnt come through properly.[​IMG]

5. Thank you for uploading more pics. i am looking at possibly getting a Tanta.

6. I am looking at an Akagidoll Tanta, this review was very helpful. Thank you for it. :)