1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel of Dream Feedback (2009)

Dec 17, 2008

1. Angel of Dream Feedback

Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?​

2. What did you order?
      Rao model Mini Super Dollfie.

When did you order?
      December 9th, 2008.

Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from the company.

How was the communication?
      Communication was very good - when I asked a question through their forums, they replied within a day or 2.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy; through Paypal.

How long did it take to ship?
      I received the order January 15th, 2009.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes.

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      For the most part; faceups are always goig to be slightly different, but the mold was spot-on, as was the body.

Were you satisfied with the product?

Yes, incredibly satisfied.

Would you order from this company again?
      Absolutely.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes - I actually have already.

3. I found AoD on eBay. I ordered my 1st BJD from her. She is very nice to deal with and the doll is beautiful! I'm planning on getting another doll from her soon!

4. What did you order?
      Basic Mini Liu Yin

When did you order?
      January 14, 2009.

Good. They always replied to my questions.

How easy was it to pay?
      Easy! Paypal.

They shipped her on February 26, 2009.

Yes.

Yep~

Yes! Though the custom faceup were a little dirty.

Yes, but I probably won't.

Sure, why not.

5. * What did you order?
      1/6 tiny, NiNi, with a free extra NiNi head for the free head event.

* When did you order?
      3/15/09

Directly through the company.

(First of all, this was my second AOD purchase, my first one being MiMi. My first experience was excellent, and communication was wonderful. This time it wasn't the case, unfortunately). I would have to say poor in regards to communication. And not communication as in how long it took to respond to inquiries and how well those questions were answered. Communication as in detailed information on what is included in my purchase. No where on the site, during the free head event, did it mention that if you do request the free head, you will not recieve the 1 random wig with your doll. I had no idea until I had opened the box and saw that I had no wig. I went online and asked on the AOD website why I had recieved no wig. The reply was, "yes, the free wig is not included due to the event. Thank you."

I was honestly shocked. If I had any idea that I would not get a wig, I wouldn't have asked for the free head. I would have preffered the wig. I can't deny that I am pretty dissapointed with this lack of information on AOD's part.

Payment was very easy, and my payment was verified and went through quickly.

I was surprised with how fast NiNi arrived after the site said she had been shipped. She got here in three days, usually it takes longer.

Yes, I do think that the quality is appropriate for the price.

In some cases yes, in some cases no. I have never gotten the factory face-up on any of my dolls so I am pretty biased on that.

Yes, very.

N/A

Yes, and I plan to very soon :D

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      Yes.

6. * What did you order? 1/4 Chi with face up

* When did you order? February 26, 2009

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Through a dealer

* How was the communication? Good most of the time but I think the dealer was having trouble with receiving some of my e-mails towards the end. The dealer was always sure to get back to me. Though I never did get a tracking number even though I asked them to get it from the company. The company never got back to them about the tracking number so it was never the fault of the dealer.

* How easy was it to pay? Easy! I paid by paypal. It just took a week for my payment to clear.

* How long did it take to ship? I felt like it took too long to ship me Chi for some reason.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? It was. :)

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Some what. I like his sculpt better in person. I am indifferent towards the default face up. I really love his body though.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Not really. I asked for the wig and eyes in the picture from the site. They said I could get them and told me the company would do that. I ended up getting normal eyes and a mohair wig when I got Chi. I contacted who I bought the doll from and they are going to get the company to send me the wig and eyes I originally asked for which makes me glad. Another thing was I missed the free head event. My payment cleared once it started but I still was not able to get a free head which disapointed me. I did ask if I could get a free head but was told I could not.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They are going to be shipping me the original eyes and hair I had asked for.

* Would you order from this company again? In all honesty I won't be.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Probably not.

Note: I will be buying from the dealer I bought from again because they were very helpful and great to deal with. I won't be buying a doll from Angel of Dream though.

7. * What did you order?
      1/6th Pink Skin Mimi

* When did you order?
      Febuary 26th 2009

wyr1234567 on ebay

Poor, I sent her many questions and she did not reply until I threatened to dispute the charges. Then she explained she doesn't receive messages through ebay. After that communication was a little bit better. However there was obvious language barriers. Doll took way too long to ship and I was told it was because the factory was slow and they did not want to rush the faceup. I replied back that I never paid for a faceup, she sent me a bill, and I replied, no, I never requested a faceup in the first place. Doll came with a (all be it quite beautiful and free for me lol) faceup.

Very, she accepted paypal

Too long. I ordered her on febuary 26th, she arrived on April 6th. But yet, I ordered direct from the company a 2nd doll on March 22nd, and it shipped yesterday on April 7th... So in my opinion there is no excuse for this.

I really like the doll, It is kicky right now and came with a cheap mohair wig which I hate. But after I get her a good wig, and play with her/stretch her out I think I'll really like her alot :)

In terms of the faceup, Not at all. The factory faceup can always differ but in stock photos she had light blonde eyelashes and more peach and tan tones in her face. Mine has alot of navy/black around the eyes, purple eyeshadow, and pink tones. I actually like her better this way. But in her pictures on the site, she was always smiling. But the faceup artist decided to paint two small lines on the corner of my mouth on mine, so she looks very different. Frowning/scowling. That's really my only complaint. Resin felt really smooth. She has one small bubble on the bottom of her left foot. But no other complaints. Wrist joint is poor and lacks much moveability, however leg, ankle, arm and neck joints are actually better in comparison to my other dolls.

Yep ^^ She is adorable, and such a cheap/affordable little girl

N/A

Yep already have :) Next one should come any day now. Probably tomorrow or Monday.

Yep ^^ I plan to buy a 1/6th body for free head event with my next doll. And I don't see it for sale on the site so I'll be most likely looking to buy one from someone else.

8. * What did you order?
      1/6 doll Ai Ai (with free event 1/6 head Wan Wan)

* When did you order?
      13th March 2009

Directly from the company

Communication was great, questions were answered via their message board within 24 hours

Though paypal, quick and easy

I am not sure of the exact shipping date, but I believe he was shipped on the 21st of April

The quality is excellent for the price, they are lovely

No, but of course I ordered without faceup. They will look much nicer once they have faceups. The sales pictures do not show either that Ai Ai is an elf, I was pleasantly surprised when I found that he was elf.

Yes, they are lovely ^^

I had a minor problem concerning the hook in the headcap of the Wan Wan, Angel of Dream have told me how to fix this after I asked them.

Yes I will, I have plans for a couple more dolls from them

If they are going second hand I wouldn't hesitate to

9. What did you order? A White Nicole
      When did you order? 12/13/08
      Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? The company
      How was the communication? They never answered the first email I sent them, but after that, I communicated with them through their message board, and they always answered in 1-2 days. I had many, many demands, and each one was met
      How easy was it to pay? Very easy, bank transfer
      How long did it take to ship? less than a month, they sent her just before their lunar year holiday
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very much so, I ordered during their free face-up event, and they really gave me what I asked for; a pair of "random free shoes" was included, and so I received a magnificent pair of tall boots.
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? In fact, MUCH better!!!
      Were you satisfied with the product? extremely
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They had forgotten to send me a pair of high heel feet with my initial package, but they included them with a very nice pair of high heel shoes that I later purchased
      Would you order from this company again? Sure
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand? why not!

My only complaint is that I can't exchange my credit points with anything because everything in their "integral exchange" is "finished"

10. * What did you order?
      an SD type body and a JIMI version one head
      * When did you order?
      about a year ago
      the body was done through ebay, the head through the company
      communication was brilliant!
      with paypal, very!
      about amonth for the body and 3 weeks for the head
      yes
      yes, better even!
      yes, however, the dolls eyes lashes had be sligghtly crushed and there was glue on the eye! =_=;;
      they didn't..
      I would order shoes and wigs.
      hmm..no

11. * What did you order?
      1/4 Wang-ZI
      * When did you order?
      July 20th /09
      From Jack (renaissancefashion on Ebay)
      Good, he resopnded to all my questions and requests and even included a free gift after the long wait for AOD to ship him the doll.
      Very easy
      Arrived August 21st /09 (he arrived by the time I had requested as well)
      He's an amazing doll even compared with higher-priced ones. The resin is very nice, pale (he's white-skinned) and there are no seam lines at all.
      I was given two faceup options and I love the one I picked, absolutely beautiful detailed work. The lips are slightly darker than in the pictures but I love it that way. ^_^
      Yes!
      N/A
      Yes
      Absolutely

12. What did you order?
      Chun Ze model, white skin, Mini Super Dollfie.

When did you order?
      August 27th, 2009.

Communication was very good - when I asked a question through their forums, they replied within a day or two. Although they can take up to a week to reply to emails.

How easy was it to pay?
      Very easy; through Paypal.

I received the order October 3rd, 2009.

Yes.

For the most part; faceups are always going to be slightly different, but the mold was spot-on, as was the body.

Yes.

Most likely, although they have screwed a few things up with this order, and they seem to have trouble with their points system; I never received anything when I placed an order using points. That happened almost a year ago now. They were supposed to send extra gifts with this order, but did not.

Yes.

13. * What did you order?
      AOD 1/4 Chen with face-up
      * When did you order?
      August 28
      Through a dealer, wyr1234567
      It was...decent?
      Easy thanks to paypal, :)
      From order date to the day he arrived, a total of 73 days...
      He is a beautiful doll, I am quite happy with him
      His face-up looks so much better in person, but other then that, yes.
      I am very satisfied
      N/A
      Probably not. I wasn't given any reason for the extreme delay. I was told he would be delivered within 40-50 days, and it exceded that by far to much for my liking with no explanation as to why.
      If it was in good condition, sure.

14. Write about your experience with this company and their products!

Please consider answering the following questions about your experience. If there is additional information that you would like to add, please feel free!

* What did you order?
      Juli 58cm
      * When did you order?
      April 2009
      Dealer - Mary D's
      Great!
      Like pie.
      A week or so.
      Yes, it was a good price--in stock and on sale.
      Pretty much so, considering clothing was not part of deal.
      Yes, though as someone else noticed, eyelashes seemed crushed. Face up was good otherwise--nothing special, but fine. Would have preferred different colored eyes and wig, but can't really complain about random freebies. These aspects were NOT any fault of dealer, who simply shipped doll as she came from company. Resin was very nicely finished and stringing about perfect.
      N/A
      Yes, I am a repeat buyer from this webstore.
      Yes, assuming condition was good.​