1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel Region Fair head sculpts

Jun 1, 2005

1. This isn't really a request so I didn't want to put it in the request forum, but...

Is it just me or do the AR Fairs have very HUGE foreheads? *_*

I was looking through some pictures I found on the request forums and I found a link to someone selling an AR Elly (edited for stupidity). She had an enormously huge head above her face--we're talking the cone-heads here. I thought surely not--mainly since I really want to get an AR Fair boy so I bouncied my way over to the main site... and sure enough. They all look like they have extremely high heads. I mean, is this just me?

I like being able to take the wigs off my dolls and have them look okay. I mean, I've never seen "bald" dolls on here before as a general rule, but I like my boys and girls to have normally proportioned heads. I'm almost scared now because I want my boy to have a good head, but... but... :cry:

Does anyone have a picture of the AR Fairs without wigs on? Or could someone please convince me I'm just imagining things and that he'll look just fine?

2. My Dana's forehead isn't too big in comparison to some other high headed molds- but her noggin is huge. Some of the smaller DOD or poshdolls wigs have a very hard time fitting properly on her. I'm not too sure about Nell though...

3. I have two AR Little Fairs and I think their heads look just fine. The proportioning between the facial features is beautiful, but looking at the pictures of the Fairs... I just don't know how to explain it....

I'm not that interested in Elly perse. It's mostly the boys I'm after, but she's the only one I've seen without a wig on. I should probably see if I can find those pictures again.

[​IMG]
      edited with images from: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19330&highlight=elly

Anyway... yeah.... :|

4. You're entirely correct. These dolls have giant heads. Its something I noticed when browsing through cyworld images of AR dolls. After a little while its was:

Ren Boy

Dana Girl

Dana Girl

Bada Girl

Big Head

Ren Girl....

I have heard someone saying they tried sanding their back but its very hard to disguise.

-Kitari

5. Hm... now I'm entirely tempted to see if I could salvage one of their heads and make it not so high. :roll Like I really need something else to occupy my time. :oops: But I'm still planning on getting a boy so it will give me something else to explore.

6. OMG, you made me laaaugh so hard with that picture that I only just managed to avoid spitting Coke all over my computer screen by inhaling it instead and nearly choking to death! :lol:

Well, I can maybe venture a guess: Perhaps they've got really high foreheads so that the bangs from wigs will stay out of their eyes without need for the wig to be shifted way far back on their heads or trimmed at all. My Rengemaru doll's default wig always has a fringe dangling down over his eyes, which I don't mind at all, but perhaps Angel Region Fair dolls want to keep their eyes clear at all times...er...otherwise all I gotta say is DAMN but those are huge foreheads!

And a link to Angel Region for any who stumble across this thread and might wonder what the frell we're talkin' about: http://angelsupply.co.kr/eshop/index.php