1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Arcadia Dolls (2010)

Sep 9, 2010

1. Arcadia Dolls Feedback (2010)

Please leave feedback in the following format so as to best inform everyone of how your transaction went with the company. Be as specific as you like, and additional comments are always encouraged.

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

2. I'm going to preface this with the fact that I really WANTED this company to be good, a decent, EU based atelier would have been a brilliant find at a time when importing into the EU is getting nearly impossible in monetary terms, so this feedback is with great regret, a NEGATIVE.

* What did you order?
      An SD13 shirt and a two piece LTF outfit

* When did you order?
      18th May 2010

Almost zero. Months passed without word, mails were ignored, when they finally did respond it was as a result of their being discussed on the forums and then mails were rude and evasive.

Very, it all went through paypal.

Despite quoting 6-8 weeks on both the site and the confirmation mail, I finally got the box on 8th September, so all in 16 weeks.

I sincerely doubt I would have got my order even that quickly had I not been vocal about the situation and there remain many people with orders open since January that have yet to recieve their items. On top of the delays and appalling customer service, they also shipped the order from the states, entirely negating the purpose of EU residents ordering from them to avoid customs issues because they're supposed to be based in Spain.

Now I have the items in hand, no, I don't think it was. I had heard a great deal about the excellent quality from Arcadia, but it appears that they've let that slide in order to get my order out and shut me up. The stitching looks sloppy and rushed, and the poppers on the LTF shirt are mis-aligned.

Yes

Not hugely.

There seems to be little point in even attempting to contact them again, they've systematically ignored and avoided all contact thus far and when they have responded it was to lecture me like an obnoxious child so I'll be fixing the issues myself.

Absolutely not. Delays happen to the best of people, but not contacting your customers and being rude when you do contact them to explain is unacceptable when you're talking months without any word and ignored mails requesting status updates.

No. Now I've seen the quality in person, I no longer trust them to provide what evidently used to be an excellent service.

3. * What did you order?

SD10 Dress

* When did you order?

April 23, 2010

There are some communication problems with Arcadia Dolls that could have been avoided if they had provided updates to their customers about the state of the company long before they were forced to close shop due to an influx of orders that apparently overwhelmed them. Otherwise, e-mails were polite, but a reply regarding my order was only sent after I contacted them about my order in late August.

Easy. Used Paypal.

Approximately 19-20 weeks / 5 months.

I'm inclined to think so. The item I ordered is fairly more simple than I had imagined it would be, but elegant nonetheless.

Yes.

Sadly, I'm only somewhat satisfied, regarding the situation.

N/A

I'm not sure that I will. As much as I would have loved to give them my patronage, If I hear of anymore negative experiences with Arcadia Dolls, I will likely avoid ordering from them.

N/A

4. * What did you order?
      A blouse, pantalettes and knee-high socks from the Lolita in Arcadia range.

* When did you order?
      June 8th.

Moderately good - the site sent automated emails to confirm my order, payment, and to let me know when my order was dispatched. When I emailed Arcadia Dolls to inquire about the status of my order, I received a polite response the next day. However, I was unhappy to have to prompt Arcadia Dolls regarding the delay to my order, rather than have them contact me - Arcadia Dolls actually shut up shop to catch up on a huge backlog of orders, but I only found this out via DOA. Their customers with outstanding orders, including myself, were not informed of this, nor were we emailed an apology or explanation for the delay. I do suspect that if I had not emailed, asking for my order or for a refund, I would still be waiting.

Very easy.

I received my order today, 22nd September, so over three months. It is important for EU customers to note that Arcadia Dolls, despite being an EU company, are shipping orders directly to customers from the US. My package was marked as "documents" worth $10, as well as described as "doll clothes" - I escaped customs charges, but it was fairly obvious that the customs declaration was fraudulent.

I do not think it is appropriate for an EU company to leave their EU customers liable for the customs and import charges that they themselves should take care of.

At the risk of sounding petty, I paid euro 6.50 (about $9) shipping, and the actual shipping came to $4.50 - so that's a pretty expensive cardboard box and piece of packing tissue, lol.

There are some minor issues - a few seams are poorly finished (lumpy/messy) and the bottom of the blouse has been pulled out of shape during sewing. The price was perhaps a bit steep, but the outfit is a delightful design and mostly it is beautifully sewn.

Yes, pretty much.

In the main, yes.

n/a.

I'm not sure. The wait was longer than advertised, and I know that people who ordered several months before me are still waiting for their orders - that sort of unfair shipping schedule leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I would also want to be assured that my order would be shipped from Spain, where the company is supposedly based, rather than from the US. (In the website FAQ, it clearly states that orders will be sent using Correos registered mail from Spain.)

Yes.

5. * What did you order?
      A blouse, pair of pants and apron

* When did you order?
      I ordered back at the beginning of May

A little iffy, it took two emails to get a response from Arcadia when inquiring about when my stuff would ship, baring in mind this was already months after the quoted 6-8 week wait.

Very

Seven months... Needless to say I'm less than thrilled about the wait time considering the site quotes a 6 to 8 week wait.

For the most part yes

Yes

I'm undecided on this front, I literally received my items two hours ago and I'm already having to sew two of the buttons back onto the pants where the braces attach but besides that everything seems well made.

I haven't contacted them as of yet and probably wont, I just want to consider this finished.

Unlikely, as much as I love their designs the wait time was beyond ridiculous.

Yes, since I don't have any huge issues with the quality.

6. * What did you order? silver Roccoco gown , tons of jewelery, crown etc etc

* When did you order?
      last year

absolutely fantastic, i love those girls!

Very

maybe four weeks? IM so alarmed to see this company disband, they are so talented and HONEST.

Absolutely!!!! beautiful workmanship and a privilege to own

identical!

Absolutely and then some, they have become a favorite in my collection.

Absolutely!!!!!!

if second hand were available without question!

7. * What did you order?
      -- Custom Regency Gown and Headdress
      -- Circus Military-braided jacket outfit
      -- Circus Magician Outfit

* When did you order?
      May & June 2010

Not bad for me... I got responses when I ordered, and when I added to my order. And later, when I asked about an order that was supposed to have been shipped.

Very easy through Paypal.

Shipped in March '11... so... 9 months? -- ArcadiaDolls has been having reported problems causing delays and has been closed to new orders for 6 months or more... Before this rather big event, I hadn't heard anything bad about them.

Yes. They are individually hand-made outfits, so costs can be high.

Yes.

Yes.

n/a

If I heard that they were back on-schedule and were not having more problems, I would.

Yes.