1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Are you interested in Fantasy/ Non Traditional colored dolls.

Jun 28, 2011

?
  1. Purple/Lilac

2. Blue/ Sky Blue

3. Red

4. Dark Tan

5. Dark Grey

6. Green

7. Im not interested.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. So, with my limited experience I've noticed that Bobobie & the companies they cast for Resin Soul, etc. Have the most in diverse Resin colors. I know that some companies offer a variety of neutral skin tones. But really, Red, Blue, Skyblue, Green, Lilac, Grey, Dark Grey, White Skin, Normal Skin, Light Tan, Dark Tan etc. is quite a bit of skin tones.

With the special request as of lately, people can order Dark Tan & Dark grey. It used to be a real issue buying fantasy colors because of the marbling, but that seems rarely the case and if there is some its small.

Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan and Dark Grey which you have to specifically request.

Are you willing to take the chance of marbling?

Would you order these colors from distrubitors or only from the company directly. ​

2. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Definitely, I love fantasy everything and I plan on make a lot fantasy creatures.
      How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan nd Dark Grey which you have to specifically request.
      I have ordered a doll in tan but it's more of a light tan.
      I'm not to worried about it. If it happens then I have excuse to mod it.
      Would you order these colors from distrubitors or only from the company directly.
      Never thought it matter.

3. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      I like them enough, as long as they're soft and pastels. I've bought the light blue faery from soom and I love her.
      How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan nd Dark Grey which you have to specifically request.
      maybe a dark grey, but if the company doesn't give the choice I wouldn't bother to specifically request
      it happens... it's not a big problem. besides, on a fantasy doll it could be easily managed with blushing or faceup
      Would you order these colors from distrubitors or only from the company directly.
      Never thought it matter.

4. I don't personally find Tan or Dark Tan to be considered a fantasy color as it's a skin tone real people are able to have. But to answer your question, yes, it's a color I would like a couple of my dolls to have, though unfortunately neither the companies I bought them from offered it. As for actual fantasy colors that it is not (as far as I know anyway) naturally possible for humans to achieve, the only color I have ever been interested in is a Light Gray as one of my characters, long before I got into dolls, was described as 'having skin so sick and waxy it gave off a grayish hue', and as I entered the hobby it simply became easier to represent that as an all over gray. If I could get the dolls I wanted in these specific colors (rather than be limited to BBB, Soom or specific LE dolls) I would absolutely risk the chance of some marbling as it would still be a lot less hassle than dyeing and airbrushing and the upkeep that requires.

5. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      All my dolls are NS at the moment, but I wouldn't say I would never buy a doll in a different colour resin.

I have always wanted to do a Cardassian mod, and that would require grey resin. I've been looking at dolls available in grey resin, but the bodies I think would work are in a grey that doesn't match with the heads I like for the character, so the search continues :)

As Cardassians are somewhat reptilian this could be disguised with blushing or even lightly carving scales over the marbling. It wouldn't bother me with this particular doll, but if I was buying a doll with no intention of modding, I think marbling would bother me. A little wouldn't be a problem, but significant marbling (a part being a significant difference of colour to the rest of the doll) would be.

I might be more likely to order these colours direct from the company, if only because I don't know how much responsibility distributors take for the doll and whether I would be able to pursue a refund from them or not if there turned out to be problems with the doll.

InkyBear, dark tan is a natural skin-colour in the real world, but in terms of resin it is unusual to be offered considering most dolls are offered in WS or NS only, and it's unusual to be done to a high standard, although this seems to be improving. This is what the OP means by including it with other unusual resin colours.

6. I love Dark Tan (Resin Soul does a really nice one too). I'm not really interested in "fantasy colours" like blue or green at the moment, but if there's a doll made that fits the characters I have that are fantasy coloured, I'd probably go for it then. Dark Tan on the other hand is a shade makes for a much more realistic and diverse collection. I'd love to see a doll with my skintone personally (not super dark, and not super light either, like a milk chocolate colour ^__^). Still, I am pleased that resin tones are expanding to include colours besides beige and white. :D

7. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Maybe. I have been toying with the idea of someday (like way in the future when I run out of other dolls/characters to do) making a doll of a favorite character of mine from some books I like. On the one hand it would be super awesome if I could just buy an already-blue doll and not have to go through trying to dye him myself, but on the other hand that assumes any company out there would offer the shade of blue I want for him. That is the only color I have ever really thought of wanting, though.

How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan and Dark Grey which you have to specifically request.
      Not at all, to be honest.

I guess it depends on how easy it would be to hide/fix. If there was some marbling in the body it probably wouldn't bother me since my dolls don't sit around naked much anyway, but if the hands or face were badly marbled that would be a problem. I would rather figure out how to dye the doll myself if bad marbling would be that much of a risk.

Well, the distributors are getting their dolls from the companies, right? So unless the companies regularly sell imperfect dolls to distributors (while keeping the perfect ones to sell through their own site) I don't see how it would make a difference.

8. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Of course! Though it does depend on the mold. I find that fantasy resin colors work best with fantasy themed dolls. If it's a normal human mold, I think it would be weird if they were in blue/red or green. That is unless you are planning to give them horns and the like.

I would love a dark tan doll one day. I'm a bit iffy with grey. It's such a depressing color!

Only if the company is reputable. I would want to see owner pictures before paying the extra money for a colored doll. If the majority of dolls have inconspicuous marbling, then it's not an issue and I would take the chance.

Does it really matter? As far as I know, the same people made it. It may even be better because another set of eyes is inspecting the doll for defects before shipping it out again.

9. Honestly, with a few exceptions, I find I prefer the "fantasy" colours to the normal. Admittedly, I also prefer fantasy sculpts and clothing styles, so it works well for those types of dolls. :3 Not only would I buy them, but I've already got a couple in atypical colours at home and more on the way.

If I had the resources, I'd love to get a whole rainbow of dolls. <3 I think if the risk of severe marbling was high, I might be a bit more wary, but thus far I haven't seen enough reason to worry about the dolls I'm interested in buying and I would probably be fine adapting a heavily marbled doll through blushing if I loved the colour enough.

10. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Yes.
      I already have dolls in 2 different colors of BLUE, 2 different colors of GRAY, 2 different TANS, 1 PINK... etc. I
      I'd love LILAC and GREEN and Dark GRAY or BLACK.
      Most of my dolls are fantasy (elves, various Sooms, cats, anthros)

I've got one doll that is fairly dark tan. I'd actually like a very dark Grey or black (DROW) Elf!

Two of my colored dolls are the original colored Bambicrony Elves. They are French Resin and had LOTS of problems right off... with colors fading and with lots of marbling. I'll not get any more French Resin dolls (unless they are able to do something about the yellowing), but I think I can live with SOME marbling. I really have not had any problems with the other colored dolls I have. I don't think marbling is a problem if the company knows what they are doing and are careful about production and don't mind some loss (in getting rid of the resins that aren't mixed well enough).

Uh... either. Depends on prices and shipping and all that. Whatever is the better deal.

11. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Yes I would, i already own a light tan skinned doll,
      I have a pink skinned doll on order,
      and I would really love to get the next doll on my wishlist in grey if they offer her in that skin tone.

I would not mind to specifically request a skin tone, be it tan grey or blue, If I am paying around $500 for a doll I want it to come in the skintone I would love best and if that means requesting a skintone I would do it.

Yes I am willing to put up with some marbling, as long as it is not like square in the face of my doll I do not mind.
      You can always cover it up with wigs, clothes and so on.

I don't really think it should matter, the agents/distrubitors get their dolls through the company, so if I do not trust the distrubitors I should not trust the company either right?

12. I find it a bit odd that 'dark tan' is considered a fantasy color. Real people have that skin tone too! xD

But I would go for blue or purple dolls, I think. I do have some character concepts that would require those colors. :) I'll just put up with the marbling if I have to.

13. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Yes, I have a green Sprite and she's absolutely adorable. I must admit the green suits a fantasy character like an elf best.Just a while ago I bought a red Dan and again this works really well, because with her horns and goat ears she also is a kind of fantasy character.
      Currently I'm waiting for my Lilac Long and when I saved up again I plan to order a dark tan Gang.

Very much, as soon as I had the opportunity I bought a dark tan Pandora and dark tan Sprite. I don't consider the dark tan as a fantasy colour, but for most companies it's an unusual colour.
      I love my dolls in that colour because they photograph very well

Yes, it goes with this type of material.

Yes.

14. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      Like a lot of people I don't really consider my Tan dolls Fantasy colors...but I do have a lt tan and a dk tan. I also have one grey and one incoming pink. I would love to have one more grey, a second pink and a green as well sometime in the future. I think they're fun, gorgeous and break up the monotony of a herd of WS an NS.

That said I would only get fantasy colors on fantasy characters. (not including tan) Mine are all either are or going to be bunnies or elves.

Why not? If I really wanted it, I'd ask.

As far as marbling goes, all three of the ones I have in my possession right now are from different companies, and none of them have any marbling or other discolorations, so I'm not too worried about that.

I don't have a preference. One of mine was second hand, the other two new. I'd buy from DDE in a heartbeat if they had one in stock I wanted....or Junkyspot. I have no issue with buying new from most companies either.

15. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?
      in fantasy color I only like grey ^^

interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan and Dark Grey which you have to specifically request.
      I live for tan/ebony dolls! :D and I desperatly need at least one grey doll as well
      so: VERY MUCH interested!
      MNF needs to be released in tan, at least for a very limited time! and the dolls I want in grey are already sold in grey! :D (soom galena & souldoll shiva). maybe I'd like a soom Chrom in tan... hmmmm... x3

yes. it's rarely awful and if it is you can complain to the company and ask for a new one

does it make a difference? ôo

16. ^^;; I did add "Non Traditional" to the title because of companies only seem to offer White of some sort of Normal Skin. I do realize that Dark Tan is not a fantasy color- but its not a common color that is offered.

17. While I do like a lot of the fantasy-colour dolls, I don't think I will have one become part of my collection anytime soon. Seeing as how most of the characters I'm attached to are human/have human skin tones, I would want to get dolls to represent them before I went and bought a doll for a character I hadn't planned.

18. I prefer fantasy colors, as I collect mostly fantasy dolls. I have very few "human" dolls, the rest are all weird hybrids or elves or aliens or whatever. So, the range of colors available from BBB/RS just tickles me, especially since their resin holds up really well to modification (from what I've seen on the forums, at least). With some colored dolls, the color is only on the surface and sanding/carving/modding ruins the consistency of the color.

I hope to someday own a really wacky-colored doll. ;) Or several.

19. I would definitely buy a "dark tan" colored doll... I've seen a couple BJDs with dark skin and they all looked beautiful. :)

I'm not so sure about the wackier colors, as I don't really know what I would do with them. But if I were aiming to do a particular mod that required a funky skin color, then I would certainly be glad if I could find a company that produced said color, rather than having to dye the doll.

20. Would you buy fantasy resin colors?

I just bought my first fantasy resin color doll - Soom's Rose Sprite Princess in rose pink resin; she will be my first doll in a color other than "normal skin". I am not sure how I will like it in person, because I have no interest in other fantasy colors other than pink and its variants.

How interested are you in colors such as Dark Tan and Dark Grey which you have to specifically request?

Not at all interested, mostly because of the issue of marbling and other issues with these resins.

No. I want my dolls to be uniform in color.

Not applicable, as I am not interested in these colors. The only reason I took a chance on Soom's rose pink resin is because it looks semi-realistic and will fit in well (hopefully) with the rest of my crew.