1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Audrey's Doll Gallery (2010)

Aug 24, 2010

1. http://www.audreysdolls.com/

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

2. * What did you order? Four Monique wigs.
      * When did you order? Order placed 7/22. Invoice received 7/29
      * How was the communication? Very terrible. Details below.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy to pay, hard to get a refund. Details below.
      * How long did it take to ship? Items supposedly shipped seven days after I placed my order, but as I never received the items, who knows.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Never received items.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Never received items.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Never received items.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They DIDN'T. I am currently seeking a refund/chargeback from my credit card company.
      * Would you order from this company again? Never.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Audrey's Dolls is a reseller, so this isn't applicable.

More Details
      • On July 22nd, 2010, I placed an order for the four Monique wigs.
      • On July 29th, 2010, I received an e-mail from Audrey’s Doll Gallery, stating that the items had been shipped; this e-mail did not include a tracking number.
      • On August 6th, 2010, I sent Audrey an e-mail asking if my package had actually been shipped, as it had not yet arrived.
      • On August 11th, 2010, Audrey finally replied to my e-mail with a tracking number, which stated that the package was “Delivered” on July 29th, 2010. As the tracking number shows on my computer, there is no specific address, just a zip code. I did not receive the package, though I was home on that day. I checked with my local post office, and they had no more information than that given by the tracking number.
      • On August 17th, 2010, having not found the package at the Post Office, despite repeated requests in person and via telephone, nor mis-delivered to any of my neighbors, I requested a full refund from Audrey.
      • On August 18th, 2010, the seller offered a partial refund of $31.34, less $.44 for postage, and with the insistence that she send the check to a different address, as she asserted that “there is something amiss” at my current address.
      • Also on August 18th, 2010, I informed Audrey that I would pursue a full refund through my credit card company. She replied that if I did so, she would no longer offer the partial refund.
      • On August 21st, 2010, I faxed a dispute claim to my credit card.

Normally I would have some sympathy for packages lost in the mail, especially if I were buying from a DoA member, or if I'd had the opportunity to buy insurance and denied it (Audrey's does not offer insured shipping, if I recall correctly). Indeed, I had initially intended to take the partial refund. However, as I was reading through Audrey's e-mails, I realized that she was increasingly rude and demanding throughout our transaction, and was so utterly outraged that I decided to pursue a full credit card refund. To be honest, I may possibly lose (depending upon the amount of tracking information/receipts/etc. that Audrey can provide as documentation), but I totally want her to go through the pain and annoyance of proving that she sent the package, as she forced *me* to go through the pain and annoyance of harassing my neighbors (literally everyone in my condo building) and the post office.

On the plus side, the post office is now so scared of me that the Postmaster calls me personally every time I have a package.

3. * What did you order?

Three monique wigs

* When did you order?

Novembr 16, 2012 (approximately)

OK - I had a couple of questions - two styles had every size listed except 6/7, so I asked about that, apparently that was an oversight and Audrey added them to the website. Then it turned out that two of the three I had ordered were not available in the colors.sizes I had chosen, and Audrey's contacted me via email to let me know. I would have preferred that the website indicated this information since I was forced to make other choices on the spot and ended up with a color I don't really care for.

Very easy, no problem.

It seems to have taken at least a week for them to get the order in the mail, I didn't track it exactly.

The wigs were ok but there was a surcharge on shipping. I really hate when companies gouge on tack on extra charges for no other reason than to make an extra buck (a minor form of price gouging). On the package it said $8.05 shipping (this price included insurance) but I was charged $10.25 for some reason. They used a free USPS priority box and there were no other packing materials included, just the wigs in their Monique boxes. There was no mention of a "handling charge" but apparently I paid an extra $2.20 to have someone stick the wigs in a box and put it in the mail?? Had I known shipping would be this expensive I would not have ordered from Audrey's, or at least I would have opted for parcel post. What gets me is that in their terms, they specifically state that they look for the lowest shipping costs in order to save money, and then don't reveal the final shipping price until after it's been sent. I'm debating whether or not to question this.

No, there was only one color choice pictured so I had to guess as to what the color would look like. In order to find out I would need to buy a "color wheel" that I guess showed the colors. Why they couldn't just post a picture of that on the website is beyond me.

I don't really care for the color on one of the two wigs I ended up with (I only ended up buying two since one wasn't available in my choice color and that color was my only reason for choosing that wig).

I haven't contacted them, to send it back would result in even more $$ going to the USPS, as well as (probably) a "restocking fee". I'll probably put it on ebay to try and get back at least a little of my loss.

Probably not. I can get these wigs elsewhere.

N/A

Edited to add - I decided to send an email after all, because I was disappointed and after all, I AM the customer. I was very polite, just asking about the charge, nothing accusatory. I received a rather hostile reply blaming the post office (I suppose the PO made them tack on an almost 10% handling charge?). Whatever happened to good customer service and a desire to retain customers? I will gladly pay more to a company that treats their customers with respect, and Audrey's is definitely NOT such a company. sheesh!

4. * What did you order? a bunch of stockings in size 00 (Monique and Playhouse) and 6-11" doll (Kemper). They both fit YoSD sized dolls.
      * When did you order? July 17th, 2013
      * How was the communication? awful, it took ADG over a week to contact me and tell me a bunch of stuff I wanted was out of stock
      * How easy was it to pay? they took my money with no problems <eye roll>
      * How long did it take to ship? 2 weeks! And yes, I live in the USA, the same country as ADG
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a
      * Would you order from this company again? NO. The shipping wait of 2 weeks was way too long and the shipping charges were absurd. $9 for shipping a literal handful of YoSD sized stockings... highway robbery. Audrey was also snippy to me in the email mail where she informed me that she would send unasked for substitutions (in the wrong size no less) in place of the OOS items.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, or I would buy them direct from the manufacturer.

5. * What did you order? 5 Monique wigs
      * When did you order? 1 week ago
      * How was the communication? Excellent, she answered all my questions (via email) very quickly and thoroughly.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy.
      * How long did it take to ship? The whole order took less than a week to reach me.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely, best prices I saw.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yep, absolutely.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Monique wigs are amazing, the product was perfect.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Already have more wigs picked out.

I'm not sure why all the bad experiences here, but I had a great transaction and communication was fantastic. I wanted to make sure that people know that things went very smoothly and that I would recommend Audrey's shop.

6. * What did you order? 1 Monique wig and 1 Monique color ring
      * When did you order? 4/4/17
      * How was the communication? Good, sent me an email on 4/4 stating color choice out of stock and colors available.
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy
      * How long did it take to ship? Received order on 4/10/17
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Quality was good, prices very good.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Monique wigs are good quality.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes.

7. * What did you order?
      2 wigs:
      Tyra 8-9 Golden Auburn/Brown Black $17.22
      Joey 6-7 Almost Brown $16.68
      * When did you order?
      11/27/17
      Prompt but confusing. I ordered 11/27/17 when I saw their sale for 50% off of some of their Monique items. I'd been wanting a Tyra wig and figured I could add another one to reach their minimum purchase amount of $25. I received my confirmation email 11/27/17.
      I received an email from Desmond Strickland 11/29/17 stating that the Tyra I ordered was not available in the color I ordered and the that only available color was Off Black/Brown Black (a color they didn't even offer as an option on their website). I responded to please send the Tyra in the Off Black/Brown Black color. Desmond confirmed my order change 11/29/17.
      On 11/30/17 I received an email from Audrey Merredith that was almost a copy of Desmond's stating that the Tyra I originally ordered in the Golden Auburn/Brown Black was unavailable but now the only color available was SMPink. I responded back with the copies of the emails sent from Desmond indicating my confusion as I thought I had resolved this issue and that the color available was the Off Black/Brown Black. I received an email back from Audrey 11/30/17:
      Desmond's email was based on the assumption that Monique's web site inventory was up to date, so he submitted your order accordingly. However, I personally then received the notice directly from Monique that the only color currently available for Tyra is the SMPink. Due to the popularity of this year- end sale, inventory changes by the hour. Please consider another style change and I will contact Monique to verify that it is indeed in stock and to set it aside for you. So sorry for this inconvenience.
      At this point I asked that she cancel my order and refund my money indicating that I would shop elsewhere where the store inventory matches the items that the store claims to sell.
      As of 11/30/17 0837CT audrey's website still lists the Tyra 8/9 wig available in Golden Auburn Brown Black, Golden Auburn w/ Golden Strawberry Blond, SM Gold, and SM Pink.
      Very easy to pay the initial balance. I never paid shipping as they did not give me a shipping quote
      n/a
      n/a
      n/a
      N/a
      I asked for a refund or my order due to poor organization and communication on their part.
      No. When I was in school this was called a bait and switch. The store offers you something you want then later tells you it's not available and offers to change it to something you may not want thinking that since you've invested the time/money/energy initially that you will agree to the switch. I prefer to order from people and companies that list what they have in stock or what they can get and do not pull this form of manipulation.
      Possibly, but only because this company does not produce their own product