1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BJD makers threatened by China-based counterfeiter / trademarks

Apr 26, 2018

1. i can't say yes or no since it's not my company but the timing makes me wonder. AND the guy is after trademarks... not just 'sculpts'... i think you seem to forget that.... and they are NOT the same thing. Just two parts of a larger whole... If he got the iple trademark he could make 'new sculpt' and slap the iple "BRAND" on them... this is not just about 'dolls' but 'name brands'.

2. Logos in resin will simply be replicated when making molds. The only thing I could think of is etching a serial number somewhere after casting, but this too is easily countered by removing the serial number, before making a mold and then etch a fake serial number with the same attributes as the official one.

3. Edit: My brain isnt working today. So please disregard what I said, lol.

I keep tending to forget no matter what finish you do, it will transfer over. So do'oh.

I actually was thinking about serial numbers, it would be much easier than a microchip but it still falls under if you want to keep a database of legits you have sold. Also like you said, it isnt really going to stop them from etching a fake one.

#643 Inklet, May 18, 2018
      Last edited: May 18, 2018
    4. But angel fantasy is not in the trademark list at all... I do understand the timing is suspicious, but since Angel Fantasy is chinese they probably already have it trademarked there.

5. On the Angel Fantasy, I hate to play devils advocate, but it could simply just be because they aren't making enough sales. As mentioned, they have not had one of their products recasted (as far as we know), and they werent on the trademark list. Now, maybe its a mixture of them not making enough sales, and then seeing this legal issues with other companies and deciding to dip out.

My first doll was Angel Fantasy, so its sad to see them do a closeout sale.

6. Despite my laziness, I'm really going to start buckling down and doing a box opening video for each of my dolls/heads/ect that arrive. I think that will help too if I ever wanted to sell one second hand, because if you have all those videos together, say, like on your youtube channel/fb page/whatever, and maybe even just show a printed out sales receipt during the video too..you could have a lot of the info you'd need for a sale right there. Probably still not fool-proof, but it's another way you can keep track of your legit dolls for possible secondhand sales in the future.

7. Now I do regret that I never kept the customs and courier paperwork for any of my dolls. Sure I still do have their CoAs. But I think I have given an Impl catalogue to my daughter...

That really takes a major chunk of easiness out of the hobby. Our attitude "If you don't like the doll, you can resell it." I do not think it will be as easygoing from now on...

8. ,I would just like to express my gratitude and appreciation for all the artists in this hobby that bring us so much joy to our lives. Thank you for staying strong. <3

#648 Serdtse, May 23, 2018
      Last edited: May 27, 2018
    9. Can i ask about this luo dolls issue? Is it really true that these chinese recasters trys to even steal companys doll marks? i mean the logo? and make the same stickers and so on? i'm worried about this ,and cant get out of my mind ,it sounds really bad. >_<

10. Yes! Luo made recast logos(logos on doll's head!) But those logos he made by now can be recognized.

11. Moderation

Please refer back to the first post in this thread, where it says:

"Please keep this discussion focused on the immediate topic. This is not a thread to vent about recasts/counterfeits in general. While it is disheartening that complacency among collectors contributed to the current situation, attacks on individual members contributing to this thread will be removed."

This thread is not a sanctioned space to discuss anything and everything regarding recasts. That topic is still not generally allowed on the forum. The new issue of Luo's trademark infringement is the focus of this thread. Anything that ventures too far from the topic will be removed.

Please do read over the Recast Policy. If you have any questions about the Recast Policy and what it means for discussion on the forum, please come to Ask the Mods. (I have removed a couple of posts that could have earned forum bans. Make sure you know the rules before you post here.)

12. Sales receipt usually show your name and address and phone numbers, no? They are important and should not be made public, no? :( It's better to keep all the data and show them only to prospective buyers.

We must proceed with this as with "pureblood" dogs... Keep all the "family tree" data intact, right up to the original companies' sales.

By the way, has there any update on the Luo case itself? Have the official companies like Iplehouse or SOOM been forbidden to sell or send dolls to Chinese buyers?

13. I would not show my personal data in a video either. But you can then state in a sales ad that you still have all these puzzle pieces proofing that the doll is indeed bought from a legitimate place. Be it a dealer or the company.

14. I dont know exactly why my comment was deleted, i just was telling how awful and disgusting this case is for every BJD artist. :vein

15. Am I translating this right? I used the google chrome translate app

They have faked Iplehouse certificates including the envelopes now :( I think for iplehouse it is better to check from them direct from now on and also to get the receipts copy from the email

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

16. Well this is such a scary development. Luo needs to be stopped. I can only begin to imagine how other companies and artists are feeling right now. :(

17. i think that's translated roughly right. "taken two turns" probably means secondhand. that's all i'm gonna say on this rn because i think that the type of language i'd like to use might result in a ban lmfao :x:x:x:x

18. Anyone here has iplehouse's dolls and can say how alike Luo's version x the original one looks like?
      It even has a "certification code", I can only imagine how many will be fooled by this :(

19. It's almost identical. :( I'd need to pull mine out to be absolutely sure, I can do that tomorrow once I'm back from work.

20. Im comparing the fake one to the envelope from my SID Ian doll. Hes arrived to me this morning so it is the latest one

The envelope and the certificate inside is identical

The border design and the dots are the same amount, same length and also in the shape and color as my real one

The rounded corners and how the inside certificate folds onto itself is the same also I cannot tell 100% but the real one is textured not flat and the fake also looks like the same textured paper

The date format and the stamp is the same but the stamp on mine is more clear and has less bleeding/ ink wearing off. The red stamp on mine looks more crisp