1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue Fairy Feedback/Review (2007-2008)

Sep 23, 2007

1. http://www.bluefairyint.com

* What did you order?
      BlueFairy Tiny Fairy Kyle
      BlueFairy Tiny Fairy Louis

* When did you order?
      Kyle: ordered-6/15/06 shipped-7/10/06 arrived-7/21/06
      Louis: ordered-5/14/07 shipped-6/4/07 arrived-6/7/07

* How was the communication?
      It was good. Leave question on their website Q&A, and they'll answer you in excellent english.
      When I first ordered though, they gave some bs reason(tax???? there's no customs tariff for US) for why it took so long to ship (using EMS and it took 11 days -_-) Turns out it was because I orered can of MSC which requires some extra paper works for US shipment. HOWEVER, ever since then I have absolutely NO problems with them. They've always been polite, professional and lovely.

* How easy was it to pay?
      BF don't accept paypal, but as long as you have creditcard it is relatively easy to purchase. Maybe because I use mac (not the new intelMac either), but as most Asian sites are adjusted for PC and IE, when I make payment I would never get any indication whether I made successful transaction or not- which may become problem since it is large sum of money.

* How long did it take to ship?
      On their site, it is said that dolls will be shipped 20 days (for preparation) from payment. In case of Louis(second purchase) that was EXACTLY 20 days:aheartbea

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      I may be biased, so I'll try to be fair- I think BF makes one of the best quality dolls, and with very good price too. The mould is amazing, the resin quality is great with healthy color, even as the resin ages it just becomes nice glow-y tan which I love. They give you beautiful, delicate default faceup for both basic AND special sets, and it also includes eyes.
      AND the fullset option they offer is incredible value too. I mean, exclusive ajumapama shoes for every set? They definitely know quality.
      (Basic set: $330 / Special set: $430)

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      I can proudly say, that BF is probably one of very few companies that ACTUALLY MAKES dolls that resemble their sales pictures. Their dolls being sent with default faceup (which is on their sales pic) definitely helps.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      Oh yes.:D

2. What did you order?
      BlueFairy Tiny Fairy Tommy Special

When did you order?
      ordered-9/12/06
      shipped- 10/09/07
      Arrived- 10/11/07

How was the communication?
      Communication was great! They answer my questions the same day I post them!
      Even though they are about a 10-11hr difference from me.

How easy was it to pay?
      It was easy to pay with the credit card. But I did have a problem at first because I used the Netscape Browser, the World Pay page never showed up so I had to cancel my first order.

How long did it take to ship?
      Well I ordered on the 12th of September, and 15 days from them should of made the shipping date the 3rd of October. But they said they will ship him out on the 9th of October because of the 3 day delay (holiday).

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yeah! I think he is adorable and totally worth it. Yeah it was a little more money, but he came with clothes and shoes!

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yeah! He looks perfect! Though his socks are a little big and his pants don't want to stay up, I think he is fine.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Of course! Though he did come a little kicky, and it feels like one leg is longer than the other.. I will love him to pieces!

3. * What did you order?
      BF TF Basic Jerome
      BF TF Sweet day Louis
      BF TF Wig

* When did you order?
      August 2006
      June 2007
      May 2007

Quite well ^^ BF answered my questions promptly and they are very nice to deal with, plus there English is pretty good!

Quick and easy, placed order, went to another site, payed and done. [I have not had it happen, but I do know that if they find an order placed suspicious they ask for a scan of your credit card and passport]

For dolls its been around 3 weeks till shipped, for a wig about a week and a half, if not faster.

Personally I found the quality great and the price worth it. I really love my Louis [ I have sold my Jerome - due to I wasn't bonding and there normal resin color was not to my taste]. Also Jungsu's faceup [Louis] is done extremely well. Top notch stuff at BF ;D!!
      The wigs are hand made, they are not perfect, but non-the less they are still extremely nice ^^.

Yes, though for their regular resin color [ns], the pictures seem less pinkier than the actual product. [ But they are using lights so ^^" when you don't have the light, the pink shows more.] Other than that, everything looks just like the sales pics :3!

Extremely♥! Jungsu is adorable, there were no flaws, and I have had no trouble with posing. Bluefairy I think is known though for when standing their dolls it's easier to point their feet inward for them to stand, not that they cant have their feet faced forward. Overall, I'm very pleased.

About Bluefairy [Just on a note -]

BF is an extremely nice and sweet company to deal with. They have made a mistake on one of my wig orders, apologized and fixed the problem promptly. They have been pleasant to deal with and I have felt that I have had no problems with them, even though they had made a mistake once. Their dolls are adorable and I would gladly order from them again.

4. * What did you order?
      Tiny Fairy Walking With Tommy Limited

* When did you order?
      ordered 11/10 - shipped 11/23 - arrived 11/24 (although I had to call the post office to hold her cause I was away visiting family... :sweat)

Excellent--I was VERY dumb and submitted my order three times trying to get to the payment system before I looked through their FAQ and discovered that you needed to use IE to checkout. Also my state didn't transfer over to their payment system with the rest of my address, but I didn't notice so my shipping state was "Alabama". I left a message on their board about the address and apologized for canceling the excess orders. They responded the very same day, fixed the address, told me not to worry about the excess orders and that they were all successfully canceled, and all in clear perfectly comprehensible English.

I had trouble because I couldn't figure out that I had to use IE--like Mishiba I'm on a Mac and as some may know, they stopped developing IE for Mac years ago and consequently it crashes almost every time I try to use it. Amazingly it worked though, and with the exception of the aforementioned issues everything went smoothly.

As of yesterday (12/6) they announced that they're using a new payment system so maybe that one will be less persnickety.

13 days, 11/23 was the exact day they stated on the product page that they would start shipping.

I am blown away by what a great deal I feel like I got--shipping for their limited dolls is free, so I paid a flat $540 for an LE TF girl, full outfit and boots, and *two* wigs! Their dressed or "special" versions (w/ blossom body) are $450, a wig is $35, and EMS is $56. In total that would be $541, so I paid $1 less than it would've cost to buy the same items for a regular edition.

Of course I paid $550 for my second-hand Valentine's May girl (nude) so it kind of goes without saying that I think they're worth their cost.

And it was worth it--the resign is very high quality (although the design of the wrist joints bothers me, the rest of the body is my favourite MSD-size body) and it is a lovely creamy white color. The wigs are excellent quality and well-styled, and the outfits are cute and well-made with lots of little details. The face-ups are *much* more beautiful than most other company's default face-ups (my only regret is that they don't put eyelashes in--but that's easily remedied.)

She looks *exactly* like the photos--outfit, face-up, everything is identical. Absolutely adorable!

Overwhelmingly so--I had to resist the temptation to buy another BlueFairy right away... still trying to resist! Considering the increasing issues BJD companies are having these days (especially Korean companies), BlueFairy has really impressed me.

5. http://bluefairy.co.kr

* What did you order?
      BlueFairy Tiny Fairy Special Olive
      Sauvage Wig

* When did you order?
      Ordered: 15th Feb 08
      Shipped: 1st Mar 08
      Arrived: 3rd Mar 08

The BBS is checked everyday around 10-11am, and around 3-4pm.

The Korean site offers credit card and bank transfer payments. Bank transfer for orders above 100,000won are a bit more troublesome but the staff were very helpful and guided me through the process.

Local delivery - 2 days due to weekend

Like everyone else, yes, you really get your money's worth from BF.

Yes

Yes

6. * What did you order?
      BlueFairy Special Tiny Fairy Niky

* When did you order?
      ordered-05/15/08 shipped-05/30/08 arrived-06/03/08

very polite people. Just leave an entry on Q&A and the'll answer quick!

I paid with my credit card. no problem with this =)

working days were 11 as I can remember, then they shipped.

hell, yes! The mold are great, they also sanded the seams although in the description was no note of it.

yeah I can say that. the most important thing that you use wax or something else to get the hair right and your doll will look exactly the same! =)

Ohhhh yes, no doubt.

additional comment:
      I have to say that my Special Niky was the last one in stock. On the website they didn't sell him anymore, though.
      I just asked when new Nikies comes in and they offered me the last one they had =) Sure I agreed immediately!
      So, if the website says "comming soon", ask BF on the board. Maybe you're the lucky one who gets the last Fairy like me.

7. Might as well fill this in for reference ^^

* What did you order?
      BlueFairy Tiny Fairy Olive head (Boy Makeup Option) on a Boy Body

* When did you order?
      Ordered on the twenty-fourth of September, received on October fourth.

The communication was, to say in few words, absolutely charming. I asked two questions (in separate instances, so less) and both were answered within twenty-four hours in fabulous English (though I can speak/read fluent Korean). The confirmation e-mails all came promptly, and stated clearly all of my order information.

BlueFairy doesn’t take Paypal so I was worried at first, but as it turns out that I could use my Visa instead. It was an incredibly painless way of payment, and overall, a smooth transaction.

It took him exactly nine days to get here from Korea after one day of waiting for the confirmation e-mail. Yes, you’ve read correctly- ten days of waiting, soon after their summer humidity-vacation had ended. I was fully expecting another two weeks or so of torture.

I am in love with my boy’s resin- it’s a nice peachy tone, and the resin works well with even rough-grade sandpaper. The resin between his fingers, though there was a lot of it, came out easily with a small crafter’s knife, and the quality of his ordered faceup was unmistakably delicate and beautiful.

Though the Olive mold resembles the pictures on the web, I’d have to admit that my boy looked more similar to owner pictures on Den of Angels. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, as the pictures on the company site don’t do much to flatter the headmold. But overall, the whole thing looked pretty much like what I had expected based on the company photos- absolutely adorable.

I could not be more satisfied.

8. What did you order?
      Bluefairy TF Special Xiao with a Full Blossom Body

When did you order?
      Ordered October 15th, shipped October 30th, arrived at post office on November 3rd.

How was the communication?
      Excellent. Notification emails and Q&A board responses were always sent and answered promptly.

How easy was it to pay?
      It was a simple process via credit card, though non-U.S members should be aware of PayGate's wonky exchange rate. At first I thought they charged me a currency conversion fee of some sort, but that wasn't the case. Anyway, it's beyond Bluefairy's control and they're still a fabulous company to deal with.

How long did it take to ship?
      Exactly 15 days, as described on the website. :aheartbea

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes. Her resin is strong & smooth, her seams were sanded, and her fullset was well worth the price (Xiao-exclusive wig, cardigan, shirt, skirt, long socks, panties, shoes, and cute ribbon for $100 more). As for the new Full Blossom body, it doesn't look odd or out of proportion at all. She also stood right out of the box!

Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      The company photos don't do her justice. She's simply breathtaking in person.

Were you satisfied with the product?
      Absolutely!