1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

BlueFairy Shiny Fairy/(MW) Junior body discussion part 1

Mar 22, 2010

1. @~A*K~ I have an older Junior boy body but hopefully it gives you a general idea of what the proportions of the Shiny Fairy might look like. (Also, I usually hybrid my Volks Lillie onto the Junior body and it works very nicely!)

Here's what Junior body vs Volks YoSD looks like:
      [​IMG]

2. Thank you very much!!! If you have a "classic" shiny fairy body, I'd be interested in those pictures :)
      I'm aware that they have similar measurements, but I've never seen pictures of them side by side.

3. Unfortunately I don't have the regular Shiny Fairy but I think they would look nice together! The Junior is a bit slimmer in some ways but not unnaturally so. The really petite Yos like Fairyland Littlefees and Luts Honey Delf make Volks YoSDs look super stocky in person.

4. Hmm, I ordered the “Nina” head with the Shiny Fairy body that was a special a few months ago, and I got her today! Yay, she’s very cute, but one of her hands is floppy.

Elastic is pulled tight, but it’s the hand hook dangling from the s hook. It jingles. I haven’t gotten a Shiny Fairy in a long time, so I don’t know if this is a slight defect or something. Any ideas?

5. Compare the hook to the one one the other arm. Sometimes a bent hook won't go into the arm properly.

6. Hey all, jumping in because I'm interested in the Shiny Fairy Junior body as a step between YOSD and MSD. Would anybody be able to show me pictures of the body (preferably the new/current version) next to... well, literally any non-BlueFairy 1/6 or 1/4 bjd? Ideally DollZone would be great since that's what I own. Current DZ 1/6 dolls push 30cm, and that might mean there isn't enough height gap between those dolls and the BlueFairy one for me. Thank you!

7. [​IMG]

Left to Right: Lati Blue Rucas (MSD - 45cm), Bluefairy Junior Leila (Junior, 35cm), Luts Cutie Delf Mary (Yo-SD, 26cm)

Hope that helps!

8. @La Sultana Thanks so much! It’s still a little hard for me to get an idea since I don’t own any Luts, but this does give a suggestion of how the body may work for me.

9. Hi!
      I took a comparison photo, since I have quite a few dolls between YoSD and MSD sizes now.
      ~~Doll nudity warning~~

The LittleMocha would be the closest to Dollzone’s proportions that I own (such a stringbean!), but I do know DZ has a pretty wide variety of stylized bodies, so it depends on who you have / are trying to match. At the other end of the lineup, the Kid Delf shown is on the short/slim end of MSDs.

I’d recommend the Junior Neo body over the Classic in your case, because I think the slightly more slender limb sculpting of the Neo bodies would look slightly less jarring alongside Dollzone’s skinny sculpt styles. In form and function, Junior Neo definitely holds top place as my favorite currently available body in this size range.

As you consider Juniors, though, do bear in mind that Juniors’ height is nearly all due to their long legs, so you’ll most easily notice the height difference over a 30-31cm when you look at their shoulders. Juniors’ torsos are similar in length to regular YoSD, but Juniors’ hips are rather wide - both male and female versions. Juniors’ hands and feet are definitely larger than YoSD (and the even more narrow DZ feet!) so they will not be able to share shoes or pants, and possibly other clothing as well, with your established collection.

#949 Lokinta, Dec 3, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    10. @Lokinta Thank you for such an expansive breakdown! It’s funny you also showed Bunny Bunny in there because since my last post I decided that was the most suited body. The curvy hips are more akin to DollZone. DZ’s 1/6 dolls are very curvy. However, thank you for also showing a Kid Delf, because I didn’t realise they were that “short”. Trying to find something that will sit directly inbetween DZ’s 1/6 and 1/4 sizes is quite the adventure haha. Thank you for the advice. I still haven’t made an ultimate decision, but it really is between the BF junior neo, SQ Labs, and Bunny Bunny for me. Seeing junior and Bunny Bunny next to each other like that was actually ideal, so thanks again!

Edit: in fact is there any chance you could tell me how posing compares between the junior neo and bunny bunny bodies?

#950 nattherat, Dec 3, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    11. Hello everyone :)
      I've been looking for a companion to my bunny bunny maple girl, and I think a shiny fairy with the junior body would be perfect! Though I am curious, does anyone know when baked skin for them is available?

12. The baked resin is usually offered around late spring / early summer. Keep an eye out around the May / June / July ordering periods. The sculpts are still available on a rotating basis, so look for the late spring / early summer month that matches with your target sculpt's availability. :clover:whee:

Yes, true. They are made to mesh with the 1/6-ish range, after all. Alongside my non-slim Minis, such as Bluefairy's TinyFairy, the difference is even more drastic than the above photo. The head size, facial proportions, shoulder widths, and overall body sculpting will always break the illusion of uniformity between a shortish 1/4 scale doll and a tallish 1/6 scale doll. Keep in mind you're looking at them totally naked/blank, side by side. Strategically choosing your clothing, wigs, shoes, and standardizing eyes that you use in your collection will help minimize these differences and blend the gradient. :3nodding:

I know that somewhere I started putting a Junior Neo review and comparison together, focusing mainly on comparison between the Junior Classic and Junior Neo, with the BunnyNine and a couple others making guest appearances... I'm starting to worry it happened right around when Flickr dropped a 1,000 image limit on free users, so I'll have to try to find the raw files and put it all back together.

In short, the BunnyBunny is a lovely silhouette, with its main disappointment being the unjointed torso, which limits the posing capability of the body. I bought my BunnyBunny to shell my most athletic character, but as it turns out, BunnyBunny tends to stand straight and stiff, with a tall and prim posture. Bluefairy Juniors, especially classic version, seem to have a more casual posture. They can slouch a bit or stand tall, but still look calm and don't make for an intimidating taller character. Bluefairy dolls, including Juniors, both classic and neo, I find most frustratingly limited at the wrists. I remember the sum of my review / comparison being that although Junior Neo does not have all the improvements I think it would take to make the body "perfect," it brings some great improvements to the Junior line, and does outshine the BunnyBunny if you want versatility in posing.

I'll see if I can find that comparison / review material and re-publish it to my new Flickr account. :cheer

#952 Lokinta, Dec 6, 2020
      Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    13. It's time to revive this thread, hahaha.

I just wanted to mention that I just bought a Hana :D
      I went for the "normal" shiny fairy body.

14. @~A*K~ Congratulations on Hana order.

A question to those who have the Junior body girls. Do you have the heel feet for Junior? If so, can you measure the heel feet bottom from the toes to heel please?

15. My March order (the last call for Shiny Fairies!) arrived! I ordered Blue Fairy-sized fist hands with the order (for my big Bf Miley)... and Blue Fairy sent me some Shiny Fairy-sized fist hands. Oops! They’re still useful (I use them to put arms through sleeves), but definitely not what I asked for. Thanks for looking out for me, though lol :XD:

16. Hello!!
      I know that the first Shiny Fairies had different versions over time. I'm pretty sure that the current version is 3rd and somewhere in the internet we had a comparison, but I can't find a photo/post that compares the 3 versions of Hana. Do you have any reference? Or if Hana only had 2 versions, let me know because I have the most recent one and I've found many photos of the first version, but I think I'm missing something.

Thank you!

17. I don't suppose anyone has Light Basic to compare to recent Fairyland resin? Just wondering if it'd still be a match, or if I need to order Basic instead for this hybrid.

18. So, I asked BlueFairy directly and they mentioned that Hana has never been renewed, that there's only one version... but I know my Hana it's different from the ones I see of the first releases... I don't know what to think about this, hahaha.

FairyLand normal is more pink that any of the BlueFairy resin colors that I own, so I don't think it would be a good match.

19. A renewal is a specific "reboot" of a sculpt, usually with intentionally designed differences. But other differences, unplanned and unacknowledged, can creep in over time, as a master mold is used and reused until it starts to wear out, and then when a new master mold has to be created.

20. Thank you for your clarification. I don't know why I had the memory of Hana being announced as a 2nd version just like May has 3 versions. So I guess the mystery is solved. :)