1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie and Resinsoul Discussion - Part 11!!

Dec 2, 2016

1. @Inklet - I have a Mi in dark tan! Unfortunately I don't have a doll in coffee to compare it to, but I think the dark tan is very beautiful. Here she is in a few different kinds of light.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
      20170919_173138
      20171206_183414
      20171206_182425

I do however have a tiny piece for resin comparison from Resinsoul:

[​IMG]
      20171206_182825

Left is normal skin, middle is coffee, and the foot is dark tan. I apologize for the lighting, but it's already gone dark and I don't have a picture of it in sunlight.

I hope this is helpful in your decision-making.

2. Lol well that was definitely helpful in my decision-making! She's gorgeous! I loved Mi as soon as she came out but couldn't think of a character for her but while browsing for a potential shell it occurred to me that maybe the answer was there all along!

The Mi body is very graceful - I requested mine with Xue legs because I wanted the thigh joints but I don't know if they have been added as standard as the newest girl is pictured as having them. She required sueding and I second thicker elastic.

And yeah, the Gang body is very skinny - I usually have to pin his trousers at the back and I have put him in Dollheart girls' clothes before.

3. Thank you so so much! This was incredibly helpful. I was wanting more of a mid-tan, but didn't really wanna get a custom color. I like having all my dolls in different varieties. Im starting to think dark tan is definitely what I was looking for, and even if it wasn't. Every doll I see in dark tan has got me more hyped for ordering my Mi.

4. So I was being led into temptation elsewhere when I thought I'd have a look at Resinsoul's website, musing about how rarely they do events...and found they are doing a promotion!

If you order a whole set (I guess they mean whole doll) sized 1/4 or 1/3 you can have a free pair of jointed hands. If you order two whole dolls you can get a sleeping head for one of them.

Damn. So the jointed hands could be the push to finally order Ai. And if I order Mi as well I could get a sleeping head which I've recently discovered a weakness for...

It runs til Jan 15th so I really should see how much Christmas wipes me out first but...!!

5. I just saw the same promotion! I've been looking at Mi for a little while, I find that her sculpt matches one of my characters very well.

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but does Resinsoul have promotions like this a few times a year, or is this a once a year type of event? Saving the funds on a pair of jointed hands is a great deal considering the exchange rate from American to Canadian dollars.

I think I'll see how much I have after Christmas to take a decision but I've been meaning to learn how to paint dolls for a while so it could be a great opportunity!

6. It seems to me very rare that Resinsoul runs an event. I've been in the hobby for a couple of years and this is the first one that I've been aware of, although they may have run another at some point before I was brave enough to start going directly to companies. Because they are comparatively inexpensive they perhaps don't need to nudge people into taking the plunge. On the other hand tho, running an event probably causes a bit of a rush and some companies seem to get a bit swamped - I swear half of Fairyland's event info tends to be asking their customers to stay calm, don't panic and don't cock up their order XD

I am sorely tempted. I do have a bit of a reservation in that it's not going to be a straightforward order. I want Mi but on Xue's body as I already have the newer body for a different doll. And I want Ai but I'd also like additional human legs for her. While I have no doubt Resinsoul would be kind enough to do this, I do feel bad being awkward at what will probably be a busy time :s

7. I didn't even see the event yesterday... Not that it would have made a difference, I was just there to order a body for my poor Yi head, and I can't afford to order a full doll as well. (And Yi wouldn't appreciate it if I ordered a full doll *instead* of his body. LOL!)

8. Hi everyone! I just ordered my Mi in light tan ( I have a light tan bobobie doll I adore so the color wasn't a question for too long) and I was wondering where to look for clothes for her. Do you have a suggestion that might fit the best? And shoes as well? I didn't have time to read this thread and I was on a break from the doll hobby in general so I missed out a lot in the last 4 years. Thank you for your help!

9. Hello everyone!
      I was wondering if anyone has any of the 58cm doll heads on the body that is listed as 60cm girl body, or could show me a picture of what that would look like, as I'm considering ordering this combination and the neck circumference difference worries me a little.
      Thanks in advance!

10. @Tariques I've got a Dai on this body, what kind of pictures do you need ? ^^ mobility/close-up on the neck/larger view ?

11. @MeredithAijou I'd love to see a full body to see how the proportions look, but also ones for the neck! Thank you so much!

12. The odd thing is that on the RS website only Ai is listed to have a 9 cm neck. All the others, both 58 and 60 cm are all listed to have an 8 cm neck. I think maybe Ai's a typo, as I think it is possible to have Dan on an Ai body, and I've seen a BBB head on an Ai body which definitely was a bit bobbleheaded (the BBB 60 cm dolls apparently do have 9 cm necks.)

@MeredithAijou - your girl is beautiful. I looked at her album, too. She has a very sweet face.

Edit: I got a mail from Sun that my Yi's body is on its way. I can't wait!

#233 Fairy Milliner, Jan 22, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    13. Sorry if this has been asked before but, what size eyes does the Mi take? Is it 16mm?

14. Somewhere I thought I saw a Dai head on a 68cm body and I wanted to see that again. Does anyone know where that might be? My Google-fu is still learning how to search for dolls.

15. I'm thoroughly confused. I was looking at the 61cm boy body - the "Gang" body - and both his page and the separate body page list the neck measurement as 9cm. However, DDE's Resinsoul page and the Bobobie Wiki list the neck as 10cm. Does anyone have this body and can confirm? I want to get a body for a head that needs a 10cm neck...

16. I make it 9cm. A 1cm difference isn't necessarily too bad. You may need to suede the head but that's not too tricky to do. What head are you hoping to put on the body?

17. I've got a grey Soom Dia head that needs a body, and I want the 60-62 cm range because then he'll fit in with my other boys.

18. @MeredithAijou Thank you so much!
      Super happy that I can make this hybrid and it will look good! :D

19. Well Dia seems to have a nice neck arch (there must be a technical term. Some dolls have a curve along the bottom edge of their neck, others are sort of flat) and that usually is more forgiving on a smaller neck. Good luck with your hybriding!

Tags: