1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie and Resinsoul Discussion - Part 11!!

Dec 2, 2016

1. Gah - can't believe how long it's been since I was last online here... (Side eyes the private message that's apparently been sat in my inbox for months... Um...)

...Anyhow I'm quite excited - put in an order with Resinsoul: one of those lovely new stylised 60cm female bodies for a floating head, and a Gang. (Gang - probably the first bjd I ever decided I was eventually going to buy; it's only several years down the line now! :lol:) I do appreciate Resinsoul's aesthetic and have wanted a Gang forever.

He'll be joining my blue RS Lian as hopefully the second permanent RS in my extended bjd group. (I'd previously owned an Ai on a Gang body, but the doll didn't quite work for the character he was meant to be. Though I rather loved the doll, so I know what to expect - and in a wry way because he's a Resinsoul rather than say... Something extortionate like my Venitu, I probably won't be afraid to actually do things with him - like giving him a purposefully out-there face up, extensive body paint, or perhaps even actual physical mods. :evilplot:)

2. @Nyara: To be honest, I don't think this particular hybrid will look good. :sweat The Gang body is very petite and has very small shoulders and arms. I tried to hybrid a Luts SDF event head on this body and it was too bobble-headed for my liking. I'm not too familiar with Soom heads but the Dia is supposed to go on a Super Gem, right? That's a big difference scale-wise when compared to the tiny RS body. I'd think the Soom faces would be too big for this to work. Sorry for being a downer but I'm trying to spare you the disappointment I had.

3. I have a Soom Alex head and an Io head I can try on my Gang body, if you are worried about it. Unfortunately, no Dia to compare, but maybe one of those will be acceptable.

4. @Pandy I would appreciate it if you could! The Io head should be a good approximation, since Io and Dia are both Super Gem boys. :)

5. Thanks for that! Hmm, so it looks like the neck itself isn't such a problem but the shoulders might be a bit too narrow to offset the head. I appreciate the photos :)

6. I had a Sard head - which should be around the same size? He looked fine on an sd17 sized body. But pinheaded on bodies the size of Yi. If I would want to hybrid him with a cheaper body I might choose the 66cm new mirodoll body, or the prettier but more expensive 66cm Akagidoll body. I have the last one - and I am very fond of that one! But it is enviromental resin - if that is not your thing, you might want go to the Mirodoll. Resinsoul does not have a good 65 cm body with the shoulders you need.The old 70cm Resinsoul body may work woth the proportions but is not a good poser.

#247 Cyador, Feb 17, 2018
      Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    7. Hello! Would Ai fit on the 60cm stylized body? I compared the measurements and it looks like there's only a 1cm difference between the neck size on her body to the 60cm one. I saw someone hybridize her with the 68cm body, but I'm looking for a smaller SD. Ai's face appeals to me a lot, though... Any owner spam would be appreciated, as always. :)

8. You could e-mail Resinsoul and ask for a picture and share it here? I am curious too!

9. Good idea! I just emailed them, making sure to ask for a picture.

10. Unfortunately I'm really not looking to go into the 65cm+ range, hence looking at the Gang body. All my other boys are 60-62. I guess I'll keep looking. :)

11. I don't know if it'll be any help, but I have a Doll Family H 63cm body which works with my slightly-bigger-than-my-smaller SDs Little Rebel head - I could take a picture of it with my Gang body - I also have a Mi body and OT for this thread AoD 58cm girl, Impldoll 56 and 58 girl and boy and Mirodoll 60cm girl if any of those comparisons would help?

12. That is literally what I told you in my post earlier...:huh?:

13. I tried him on a 62cm DF-A body I had around, I'm guessing the DF-H would be similar? It doesn't look too bad aside from the GLARING resin difference - grey head on NS body? XD - so if I could figure out whether I could dye one to match it could work... It's looking like the RS bodies in the right height range would make him look bobbleheaded. (Won't stop me ordering the various RS dolls on my wishlist though!)

I know, but having the visual helps. I wasn't going to turn down the offer of a second opinion.

14. Sorry for sounding a bit sore, I just felt ignored. I‘m glad you won‘t have to feel the disappointment I felt when I tried my hybrid with the Luts head. But everything went okay in the end because my Ninodoll head was the perfect match for the Gang body. :thumbup

15. According to the notes I made when on a body quest the DF-A body has a 14cm shoulder width whereas the DF-H is only 12 - at least the one I was looking at, the V3. Gang is only 10 for comparison. The Impldoll Model has a 14cm shoulder but he is only 58cm tall, but Impldoll do do colour matching, so there's that...and now I've plugged my two favourite male bodies

It can be hard tho, keeping everyone to the same scale. I went as big as Impldoll's 65cm super-buff body which sort of works if you consider that he's fully grown while my other characters are teenagers but it didn't suit the head I originally got it for who is most likely going to end up on a Yi body. I'm holding off on emailing Resinsoul cos I'll need it colour-matching and they haven't been doing that - I'm hoping it was just suspended while they had their event on. So he is going to end up towering over my other dolls. But it's fine, I have a chair. He can just sit down a lot.

16. Resinsoul got back to my email about the Ai head on a 60cm body, they said it would fit fine but couldn't supply any pictures due to the Chinese new year. I don't know if I want to risk it without a photo reference, but that's a promising answer.

17. I've been away from the forums for quite some time (it's really nice to be back though!), so I apologize if this is out of place... but does anyone know if Resinsoul lilac could possibly match Glorydoll's zombie skin? I have a Lucy head floating around that is in desperate need of a body.

18. @Zomboid That's okay! I'm sorry for making you feel that I was disregarding your input. And I'm glad your hybriding all worked out in the end!

Yeah, scale is fun - my one huge boy is SUPPOSED to be a towering bear of a man, so he's okay, but for the most part I try to keep everyone around the same scale. The 14cm shoulders on the DF-A might be why the Dia head looks okay on it. I did consider the Impldoll Model, though don't they use environmental resin? Soom don't, so I'm concerned about the translucency of the body. But they ARE gorgeous. What's the head you're getting the Yi body for? -drags her point back on topic-

19. I do find smaller SDs easier to handle too - skinny Resinsoul bodies are nice and lightweight! The head is an Impldoll Martin - he has quite a long thin face which I didn't love on the super-buff body he had before. The Yi body has a sort of forward lean to his shoulders which I think might suit the character too as he's a librarian so often hunched over a book.

Impldoll did change their resin and it is a bit more translucent than it was. I have a really grainy picture here; Give Me A Hand? which shows the new resin hands on an AoD body but it matches her Impldoll head. And to drag it a little bit more on topic, here's an even grainier photo Give Me A Hand? which is *deep breath* an Impldoll Pink Skin head on a Resinsoul Normal body, an Impldoll Real Skin head on an AoD Yellow body with new resin Real Skin new Star hands, an Impldoll Model boy in white with white Resinsoul jointed hands and an Impldoll Model girl in Real Skin. I haven't had much experience with environmental resin though, sorry, I didn't even keep the hands because they were the wrong size (I wanted the old Star body hands) and that bothered me more than the difference in resin. I don't know if they would make it less translucent if they were colour matching.

Tags: