1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie and Resinsoul Discussion - Part 11!!

Dec 2, 2016

1. I think it looks great.

[​IMG]

One hand is his default hand and the other is the jointed. (not the best pic, but it's what I have on hand :XD: )

2. HI everyone! I want to share with you my my feeling of glad. My oldest doll celebrated her 7th B-day same time ago
      [​IMG]fullsizeoutput_383a by ~Etaniel~, on Flickr

3. He looks lovely! I have a question on his body, do you know if there are any other heads that work good for his body that are human without the ears and elongated nose. I love his body but I wanted to a human like face.

I just love his hair and faceup. He is really cool.

She is just lovely!!!

#284 arianabauer, May 1, 2018
      Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2018
    4. Buying a Dong for my birthday in just over a week! I've wanted him for a while c:

5. Well my Resinsoul order turned up a few days ago... And I immediately got started on my plans, and well figured I'd show the fully RS doll, since the other part of the order was a body for a floating head.

[​IMG]

He's already got an outfit - but this shot best shows the malevolent self-assuredness that is the character! Pretty much think Begbie from Trainspotting - but with an Expanse Belter slant... (He's even got an appropriate 'rock-hopper' uniform of a red jumpsuit that will probably get Scopuli stencilled onto it at some point.)

(I finally took the plunge and tried out a technique that gives a fairly good approximation of skin texture - pores, moles, and other minor blemishes... And attempted numerous tats on my... volunteer. Fairly pleased with the progress on him so far, but may actually touch up (aka finish) the tats at a later date when the weather/free time coincide again. He's got... Well a full length spine complete with octopus sleeve that's attacking the spine - but as always with first attempts all I can see are the flaws.)

6. @Vetinari He looks great! I can see the "imperfect" skin you were talking about. Looks realistic, you did well! And his wig is super cool.

7. @Dark Angel Thank you! :) I think him being my first attempt at so very many techniques has made me rather nervous about him, even though he's pretty much turned out how I hoped he would. (Hee! That wig is probably a textbook example of how not to do it... I managed to bend a sewing machine needle stitching those dreads into the wig cap and the clear thread for the uppermost dreads was probably the culprit from the way my machine was going nope nope nope! :sweat)

8. @Vetinari Lol! I'm imagining your sewing machine saying "Nope. Nope. Nope." Each time the needle goes down.

9. Just dropping in to the thread. It's really hard to find many owner photos of Su. Could I trouble anyone for a photo of her or some thoughts on her, especially those ears. Is it hard to find a wig that fits? Also thoughts on the purple resin RS offers? I'd very much appreciate it and thank you.

@Vetinari Congrats on the new arrival. I am loving that wig you have on your boy. The skin texture is subtle but I like the way you did it. Did you have to wait long for your order?

10. @shirahime Afraid I can't weigh in on purple or the Su mould - but I've had a sky blue Lian and Dark Tan Ai, and with a bit of finagling wigs usually fit around their ears - though admittedly I had better luck with the non-elasticated type. Their colours were both fairly vivid too, albeit with a minor undertone of grey that never seems to show up in photos!

Thanks! I'm rather pleased with him! A long wait? Not at all, if anything I had to ask them to hold off on shipping my order for a week! Now, admittedly I did do a Layaway since it was a fairly large order... But well the dolls showed up barely a couple of days after my veto on shipping period, and that was only a couple of weeks after my last payment.

11. So I want to get Resinsoul Long to shell a character, but the character is pretty short. Would the Resinsoul Long head (70cm doll) fit on a male 61cm body?

12. I think that it probably would. I have the Feng head on ResinSoul's 1/3 boy body which is for their 60cm boys and it looks fine.

13. E-mail the company and they will probably share a photo with you. They have excellent customer service!!!

14. I did message them and they said it would fit which is great! I'm going to be saving up then!

15. Thank you @Vetinari for the information. The massive elf ears on Su definitely concern me when it comes to wigs. Although I think Su and Mi look similar so I might end up going for Mi instead to solve the wig issues!

16. Has anyone put a fairyland head on this body? The head is a 2012? Juri head. The Juri head's neck is 9cm and the body's neck is 8cm so I'm not sure it will fit. I'd love to see pictures. :) thanks in advance!

17. [​IMG]

Tags: