1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie and Resinsoul Discussion - Part 11!!

Dec 2, 2016

1. When I got my RS Lian, back in...2012? 2013? they sent a leather carry case. It's been a bit beaten up since then (moved countless times, etc) but it's the perfect size for the bigger bodies, and if I'm pressed, I can pop my Mei in there as well. The handle's a bit flaky at this point, but it works great.

2. Well it's not actually leather, but yes, if you order direct from RS you do get a free case. They also have the shortest wait times of all the places you can order ResinSoul dolls from (except for JunkySpot because they only sell in-stock dolls) and great customer service.

3. I’m so excited. I’m ordering a Mi head for my girl who used to be a hybrid, and a second mi twin for her. She’s going to be so beautiful!!! The 60cm body, with how slim it is is ideal for bulkier armour, which is exactly what I’m making!

4. My doll just arrived after 8 weeks, and yes if you order direct from RS they send them in a a leather carry case; the one I got is a lovely cream color

5. Thank you I am going to order direct from Resin Soul I think I ll get more for my money that way.

6. Could someone tell me the measurements of the ankle ball of the 1/3 high-heel girl feet? One of my SD Vito boys needs to be able to wear some killer thigh-high boots I have (that he'll be stealing from one of my other boys) and his manly feet won't fit in the boots, like at all. I've also got an Iple FID boy that insists he needs heeled shoes/boots so he's also a candidate for a pair of RS girl heeled-feet as well.

7. My demon has arrived. <3
      He still needs a face up, but I'm already so in love. ^^
      [​IMG]

8. How easy is it to have them match a resin colour? I'm wanting to put a Fairyland head on their body so I was also wondering if anyone had recent normal skin they could show a comparison with any year Fairyland. Also is the blue or sky blue brighter?

#329 whooganana, Aug 3, 2018
      Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    9. Sky blue is the darker blue; some people take the parts they want to match to somewhere with paint swatches and match the original parts to a swatch then send the swatch to Resinsoul rather than sending doll parts. You can get resin matching done by sending an email to the company, IIRC

10. @Calphedoll I've been admiring that Dai for a few days now! She is lovely, though she's down the list of RS dolls I'd like (trying for a Yang first)

11. After three years (years!) of being in storage, I finally got out my Lian, did a face up/body blush, and restrung her. I love her sad little pointy face, but my goodness she's terribly difficult to pose. I've got her strung with 5 mm elastic in her arms and 5 mm shock cord in her leggies, hot glue sueding and everything, but she just will. not. stand. It's possible that I'm doing something wrong (as it turns out, I'm probably more suited to smaller dolls, and working with Lian's been a bit of a challenge because of it), but I'm wondering if it's just me, or if there's any tips you all have for better posing?

As tax, here's one of the pictures I took today while I was trying to figure out which outfit of hers I liked best!

[​IMG]

12. She's lovely!

I honestly don't know what constitutes the right tension. I know too tight and I know too loose, but as to that happy medium I have no idea. I know you don't want too much give in the elastic and I've found a lot of the elastic in sewing shops lately is too stretchy. The thickness sounds right, SDs need sturdy elastic. And if you have her hot glue sueded that should help too. It may just be something with the sculpt as I know some ppl do find a common issue with some of the bodies, forgive me tho I don't recall which ones.

I have a Long, an Ai, and a Gang and I can make all 3 stand. But I also love the balancing challenge that they present and I think at this point I could proly go balance rocks on the beach now hehe!

I know there can be issues if the arm strings go through the head, or if the knots are in the wrong place. I have the knot for the arms in the center of the torso and I leave the knot for the torso and legs a bit lower down in the chest so it won't catch on the arm string. I only have the 2 lines for the leg/torso string on the hook. It takes patience and wiggling to get things situated, then trial and error for the tension. Other than that, you can try to wire her. And you could just be stuck with an uncooperative body. Best of luck tho!

13. I have this body and it's not just you - this body is an absolute beast to pose. The below picture is literally the most dynamic shot I've managed to get of mine, and she's propped up against the door frame.
      [​IMG]
      I can get her to stand (feet shoulder width apart, and ram-rod straight) or sit (also ram-rod straight) but not much else, and I almost exclusively have big dolls (most of my girls are 65-68cm and the guys are 71-75cm).
      I think the main issue is that Resin Soul mostly just scaled up their MSD bodies - which, in all fairness, is what most companies do - but the engineering that works for a much smaller, lighter doll, doesn't for a much larger and heavier one. But I also love their lovely sharp faces, so sighing and teeth grinding it is (or hybriding;))

14. Okay, this makes me feel better, thank you! I've tried to get her to stand with shoes, without shoes, with glue, without glue....she would just prefer to lay down. Which like, okay, I sympathize with, but isn't great for photographing, lol. I think I got her to kneel once? Do you know if anyone's tried wiring? I might make an attempt, just to see how it goes.

But yeah, you're so right about the faces. :D She just looks so sad and pointy! Is yours a night elf? I love the eyebrows!

15. @lessyface I used to have this body when I had my RS Chun and I did the same thing, restrung her with 5mm, glue sueded her and I still had trouble getting her to stand on her own. I also had the same issues with the old 70cm Long bodies as well. You could try wiring and if you do, let us know how you go with it. I'm curious as I've had my eye on Lian lately but I've been hesitating because I remember how frustrating that body was for me when I used to have it. I'm kind of hoping RS redesign the body. I have their new SD girl body (the one that comes with Su) and after restringing her and putting in some silicone kips, she's actually very good at posing now. She stands quite well on her own.

16. Thank you so much for this; I'm sorry I initially missed it! This was super helpful and very interesting--I'm wondering now if the knots are off. I have both the knots pulled up and on the S-hook, so maybe she's a bit too tense? That elastic is no joke; it's pretty sturdy. I'm definitely going to fiddle with that and see if it helps, because she is a bit kicky now that I think about it.

@shirahime -- I am going to try wiring at least her arms this weekend, I think, if I get a minute to go to the Home Depot. Even if it doesn't quite help enough to stand, Lian is such a beautiful sculpt that I'm really glad to have her. I did her faceup and had such a rough time with it because of the grey resin, but her features are so delicate and lovely that she's just wonderful to have around. Could you get Lian's head on the Su body, perhaps, or are the proportions off?

17. @lessyface I believe the bigger girl heads are a lot bigger than the SD girls so she could possibly look seriously bobble headed and a bit off. I think you did a great job on her face up. Loving the colours you used for her. She has a very unique and distinct look which I've come to know as the 'Resinsoul' look. They are beautiful dolls. Their sculpts are their own style which is nice. I recently watched a video on wiring but have yet to try it. Might have to do this on an OT doll who is constantly floppy even sueded.

18. I'm always happy to share pictures of Millicent, my Resinsoul Mi <3 I recently redid her faceup, and I'm so happy with how it turned out! She's in normal skin.
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG][​IMG]

19. I think that she's a BBB Rachel, as Ophelia's eyes are set a little bit lower than Rachel's. I cannot say for sure because of the angle though as both sculpt are very very very similar :?.

I found this photo from ai♥wowie's flickr of a BBB Rachel (I hope she doesn't mind :eusa_pray):
      Bobobie Rachel

Maybe the link to the photo I sent help a bit with the ID?
      :kitty2

Tags: