1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie and Resinsoul Discussion - Part 11!!

Dec 2, 2016

1. Hiya...its been a while...I'm curious I saw a post back on page 1? I think, anyway of Ai and Su heads...is the Su head really bigger than Ai (I'm not talking ears) if so was curious if anyone tried Su head on 68cm girl body? I know I could message RS but figured I'd give a shot here first.
      Also what about Long head on the new 70cm body? I found when I had my previous old 70cm Long I just thought his head was too big for the body (although I guess that could be said for most of their dolls..lol)

#341 Kitty Blue, Aug 30, 2018
      Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    2. Wow, @Lavily your Mi looks amazing! I almost didn't recognise her as a Mi at all first, because she looks so different from my own Mi, but of course skin tone and face-up does a lot.

Speaking of Mi and Resinsouls 60 cm-girl bodies. Does anyone have any suggestions to where I could buy clothes that fit that very lanky body? Or suggestions for more common dolls with the same kind of measurements that I could use to search after?

I don't enjoy sewing and I haven't been able to convince my professional(!) theatre and historical costume seamstress-wife to sew that small for me (Rhea isn't very stable at the moment, so wife gets frustrated trying do so). I've bought some random SD-sized clothes, which kind of fit, but she's also drowning in them?

3. I have a Zaoll Ramie on the lanky 60cm body. She was previously on the zaoll body and she still wears a lot of her old clothes. The sleeves and hems are short, but bust/waist wise the fit is pretty solid. I realize this may not help for historical clothing where you need to be more considerate of hem lenght for modesty, but could help for some more modern clothing where it's not as big of an issue.

4. Thanks @ronnie92 I'll definitely check it out!

5. @Kitty Blue Hi! That was my pic, I had asked Sun for a comparison of Ai and Su, I don't actually have Su's head.

Also I find Long's head is almost too big for his body, but some people have put him on smaller bodies and like it so...depends on your level of bobble-head aesthetic I guess, hehe!:kitty1

6. I have a (modded) Long head on the Mirodoll muscular 60cm body and the fit feels pretty good. It's a large head, but since the body is more chunky too it feels like a good fit.

7. Just ordered my first BJD - an RS Mi.

Any good eye recommendations? What sizes do you use, hoping for something with a smaller iris as I am not too keen on cutesy style things (so I’d assume going an eye size down tends to work).

Also, can anyone tell me some good companies for buying clothes for her as she is obviously very slender and most SD13 items will drown her!

TIA :3nodding:

8. I saw pictures of RS Ke for the first time today and I'm completely smitten. I just culled my collection last year, but Yang was tugging at my heart strings and to think of him and Ke together has left me the wants real bad. It's weird because I told myself no more large dolls! Anyway, any Ke owners here who would like to show a full body shot? Curious as to how big 68 cm feels.

9. Does anyone know if Alice Collections SD 1/3 clothes fit the Bobobie double jointed body well? I'm just worried he'll swim in them like he does his currently sd sized clothes. :3nodding:

10. Does anyone know if the Ling head will fit on a male body? Preferably 60cmish

11. Hello. I've been considering getting a RS Dai and I think her default body is very pretty, but is it only single jointed? I might have to think about getting her on the other 1/3 body if it is.

12. The arms are single jointed and the legs have a peanut and mobility joint.

13. Does anyone know of a pair of jointed hands that would fit RS Yi body?

I love Yi but I wanted a pair of jointed hands to go with him and RS doesn't make them in this size yet.

14. I did a bit of searching around on DOA, and I did find someone on the MP with a pair of Granado jointed hands on the Yi body. They looked pretty proportionate, and I would think any pair of jointed hands similar in size would work. I would suggest looking for ones made specifically for 70cm boys. Some good suggestion you could look into: Dika Doll, Doll Legend, Granado, Doll Family-H, (maybe) Doll Leaves. Most dealers list them (like Alice's Collections).

Hope this helps!

15. Hey all. :D I'm currently waiting on an incoming Bobobie Pandora but I can't find what eye size she takes. If anybody could let me know that would be really helpful!

16. @AlisonVonderland I believe it's 18mm I have in my Pandora, I'll double check tomorrow.

17. I love the large ears:)
      It's great to see the sculpts righ next to each other. Photos from RS side does their sculpts no justice at all.

Tags: