1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie and Resinsoul Discussion - Part 11!!

Dec 2, 2016

1. Does anyone have a Chun and a Long and can show me how they look together?

2. Was he discontinued? D: I would say to try emailing Bobobie about it.

3. You will have to email BoBobie separately to get a head and then get a body from RS. I contacted RS a few weeks ago to ask about the Apollo and they said they don't sell BBB sculpts.

4. Bobobie also has Gang, so you could email them and order from just the one company. I'm not sure what BBB's customer service is like or how well they deal with custom orders, but it would save you from placing 2 separate orders.

5. Go through denverdoll unless your closer to bobobie as bobobie well.. Has very bad service and on more than one instance has dolls from them come broken due to lack of packing

6. Bobobie has HORRIBLE customer service (as in they generally don't seem to respond to email from people who want to give them money, to say nothing of the email they ignore from the people who have had problems with their orders)

7. Yeaaah Bobobie customer service is horrible even when you want to BUY from them. It took them six weeks to get back to me about an Ariel head.

8. they've never replied to my emails, so I decided I didn't NEED their sculpts that badly and would give my money to rs instead.
      I think it's frustratingly easier to just buy the bbb dolls secondhand, which is nuts.
      like.. why don't you want our money!?

Does BBB have the apollo head available on their page to purchase on his own? if so, i'd go the "buy head from them, buy body from RS" route personally. they use the same colours so they should mostly match (just the differences you see between different resin batches) without trying to find BBBs customer service person and getting a reply from them gah.

9. I have the same body and yeah, she is a bit tricky to clothe. But most of my dolls are thinner than average it seems so I'm used to pinning them in at the back. As for what fits, Alice's basic flared jeans fit nicely but a bit low on the hips but the hotpants (the ones with gemstones on) are way too big (they actually fit my boys better). I have a Sunny's World ‎top that's quite long line and a Nine9 Style skirt which fits okay, but again, quite low. Sadly the things that fit her best are a handmade green velvet dress I got second hand so I don't know who made it, and a really narrow vest top Impldoll sent me which I guess was a prototype and never would fit my Impldoll SDs!

10. Thanks for sharing! I'm practicing making pants and bloomers but I do want her to have something better than my newb skills. I have her in an AC SD girl pants that fit well if you have it yanked down to her hips and show off half her buttcrack LOL. I was considering pinning it at the back but wasn't sure if that was something most people do.

I'm also considering getting her a new body but that will likely take months :(. But in terms of looks, I like the overall look of her body so I'm not sure I really want to hybrid.

11. Wow, I've never dealt with BBB but that sounds so different from RS. I have had such good interactions with RS' admin that I pretty much want to throw my money to them and get more dolls, even if I do find their dolls difficult to pose and dress.

12. I think whichever body you have finding clothes will always be tricky but on the plus side it is easier to adjust clothes that are too big than clothes that are too small. I have a couple of Dollheart items - one of which is actually for 70cm boys - where I have added lacing to the back like a corset so they can be pulled tighter. My Gang-bodied boy often has a safety pin to pull the waist of his trousers tighter or sometimes I tie the two side belt loops together at the back with a bit of cord. Looks okay from the front.

I do really love the Sophia body even though she does make my AoD bodied girl look chunky! She is very slender and graceful. I may curse her arched back when I eventually attempt to make a top for her but I'm sure it will be worth the effort.

13. Hey, has anyone noticed the similarities between Ai, Gang and Mu? Gang and Mu didn't surprise me, since Resinsoul have a lot of human versions to fantasy sculpts, but Ai definitely did. Does anyone have Ai and Gang/Mu that you can take photos of next to eachother? I'm sure it's just a strong resemblance, but I'm curious~

14. I'm saving for my very first Resinsoul doll (Mi) and I was wondering if there's anything I need to know about them or what I should prepare for when my doll arrives? I'm familiar with ball jointed dolls in general, but I've never really had hands on experience with a Resinsoul doll so I don't know what to expect. Do they generally come stung loose or tight?

15. @TokyoLynn
      Unfortunately I don't know about how they arrive new :c my Bao was very loose but he was secondhand. I think it varies.

I'm back now cuz I wanted to announce I'm getting a Gang on friday!! xD My friend was deciding if she wanted to sell him for a good week or so, and she decided she will, so yes! ^ u ^

16. They come with crap elastic, so you'll probably want to restring with something better when they arrive ;) (I think I have at least 5mm in my big girl...)

17. You may also want to consider requesting if it's possible to pack hands separately. They make gorgeous hands but the long fingers make them prone to breaking during shipment. And take photos of your box opening just in case there is damage.

Other than that, I love my Mi and enjoy her company faceupped but I'm still getting used to posing the body. I'm considering sending her for restringing and sueding.

18. Does anyone have comparison photos of Feng and Long next to each other? I'm trying to decide which one I want more lol.

19. Calabri- Ah I see. Congrats on your Gang btw!

Girrl- Yikes, thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure to pick up some new elastic for her then.

Lady_addiction-
      Thank you for the advice. :) I know I've seen several box openings where the hands were broken. I plan on replacing hers with jointed hands, but still I will see if I can request better padding for her hands.

20. You could try emailing Resinsoul directly and ask for comparison side by side photos of Long and Feng. They're more than accomodating and will do it if asked. I don't have a Feng for a comparison myself, but I wish you the best of luck :kitty2

Tags: