1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie and Resinsoul Discussion - Part 11!!

Dec 2, 2016

1. Guys, I just heard back from Sun at RS about having a thicker neck on a Mu body for the head I've got and they said they could do that for an extra $60. I swear, RS has the BEST customer service ever.

2. @Iron_Dog that's awesome!
      I've been lurking this thread for a bit, as I'm debating ordering a factory custom doll for SixSpouse. They'd like a four-armed boy about 51cm, which is squarely /between/ sizes RS offers.

I wonder if RS would agree to do a factory leg extension or to swap the longer legs of a bigger doll onto a smaller body? I've considered doing extensions myself, but with how thin the walls of a leg are, I'm worried I wouldn't be able to build it strong enough for durability.

3. Hello RS folks! How are people enjoying the Yi body? Does it pose/stand well? I'm considering getting one for a hybrid, though I'm a little worried the shoulders may be a tad too narrow. The sculpt I'm trying to match with it usually goes with a body with shoulders of 16cm, versus Yi's 15.5cm ... but maybe that won't make much of a difference, heh. ;;

It's such a pretty body, and with RS's resin-matching service, I'm really tempted to try it out! The hands look a little bit small for it, though ... maybe I'll order a pair of jointed hands?

4. @lavalunar I'm also considering that body for a hybrid! But I cant seem to find a side by side comparison with the bigger boy body and it's driving me insane! I want to go with the better poser since it's just the 2cm difference and the character is going to be fully covered by their clothes so aesthetics don't matter.

5. I found this pic on google. Could this be helpful? There are a few more like this on google. Try searching for "resinsoul bigger boy body yi" or something. :3
      http://www.resinsoul.com/05-chanpin/uploadpic/201511514526784.jpg

6. @Colocat YOU ARE LITERALLY AN ANGEL!!! I thought I searched in every way for something like that photo, but I never found it. Thank you sooooo much!!!

That settles it though, the Yi body is the way to go for this character.

7. Hello everyone! I have a Yi body, and while I can get him to stand just fine, I cannot for the life of me get him to sit. He always just falls backwards. I have a Ju as well who is hotglued and poses perfectly, so do I just need to hot glue him? I need him to sit, at this point he is just lying on my nightstand taking up all the room. Id like to have my others on there to but i cant. I dont think it matters, but he is a hybrid. Any one have an idea?

8. For people with the Mu body, what's your thoughts on the hair/fur at the back of the thighs? Does it get in the way of sitting? Putting pants on? Does it stick out a lot or is it minor and easy to ignore? Pictures would be awesome and appreciated.

9. @Iron_Dog There is a mobility joint on the top of the leg, so I just swivel the fur to the inside of the leg to get my boy to sit. But he can sit on the fur and its even easier in pants. He sits best legs slightly spread or crossing his ankles (which would be great for a more cutesy character) I'm going to suede his hips and neck.

Pants have to be a bit wider than usual I think, but my guy wears longer shorts that lace up the sides anyway so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

(I'm high-key mad at myself for letting my depression kick my butt because this guy should be customized by now.)

[​IMG]

10. Thank you @Thymeseer That helps a lot. I'm not terribly demanding on posing but I do require my guys to be able to sit and I wasn't sure if the fur would create a problem. I'm not 100% sure he'll wear pants as part of his regular attire. One of his partners, Malachite, does as his standard type of clothes while the other... Ji-Sun is the God of Carnal Desire so pants are frequently an option for him.

11. @Iron_Dog No problem! I'm still a newbie so I get overly excited when there's a question I can actually answer haha. I love the body, even if it's a bit trim for my particular character, but his arms like to snap up a lot so that'll probably get sueded too. He really used to punch himself in the face before my restringing

Ah, I would assume pants might get in the way of such a god's...duties.:wiggle

12. @Thymeseer I'm glad you were able to answer that for me. Qayin isn't my first RS but he will be my first SD-sized RS doll. My other RS boys are tinies and MSD's. Qayin's sculpt is delicate looking and the skinny body is perfect for my vision of him. I'm trying to be good and not ordering his body now but I don't think I'll be able to last out the rest of the year without buying it. Considering there's only 8 weeks or so of the year left.... I am weak against resin.

The thruple consists of Qayin (BiDoll CS head/RS Mu body) who is a Chimeric Demon, Malachite (Impl Ziv in custom green) who is the God of Crystals & Stones and Ji-Sun (SoulDoll Juhl), God of Carnal Desire, Love & Fertility. Their story is called Triptych Heart. I'm still early in the writing process of it and have only 15k or so written.

13. :) I just got in a 60cm girl body and I think I'm in love. Gonna have to save up for another girly soon.

Do have a question though. What size shoes do they normally wear? I swear, my 1/3 shoes like falling off and only some of the larger msd shoes fit the flat feet. >_> Which her heel feet are still a little small on 1/3 heels, but still fits.

14. you guys I just orderd a rs Heng in green skin:dance:whee:

15. Congratulations! <3

16. Hello! I am falling in love with RS Heng, but I can't find out what size wig or what size eyes he can wear. Does anyone know what those measurements are, please?

17. Hello everyone, I am new to the thread! I am very excited, I am about to order a Resinsoul Dai. :)

I am thinking of getting her in light tan and am curious about it as I have seen it seem almost with a greyish undertone and then other times with a warm undertone.

Has anyone received a light tan doll recently that can let me know if it has a cooler or warmer tone to the resin?

18. The resin is cooler-toned/lighter and a bit grey in person but can look warmer/darker in pictures especially with flash.
      I also have weird lighting in my apt. and I've noticed it looking different in various types of light.
      I know that sounds kind of annoying but I like it because it's realistic. Hope this helps with your decision!

19. I'd heard that the older version of the resin a few years ago was a cooler, greyer tone but that in more recent years it had warmed. How old of resin do you have in your doll? I thought it was an interesting point and not sure if it's just a trick of lighting and flash like you had described or if it was actually a change.

I did order her in the light tan regardless though :)

Tags: