1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie and Resinsoul Discussion - Part 11!!

Dec 2, 2016

1. I've found DDE's shipping charges to Canada are on the high side especially for smaller/less expensive items like wigs. Honestly, a wig can go into a bubble envelope unless there's some complicated hairstyle or it's a hard cap, and it won't suffer from maybe getting a bit squished during shipping. I'd prefer the price of a bubble envelope (about $3.50-$5) over the $15 they usually charge for a small flat-rate box.

I've also been annoyed/disappointed to order an outfit that was long sold out on the Impl site but available for purchase from DDE, have my PP charged, and then several days later have DDE say the outfit was actually unavailable and sold out and they'd refund me the money. It took several days for the money to go back into my PP and when I happened to be on the DDE site a few months later, that outfit was still listed as available for purchase. It's a small thing and I wasn't out any actual money in the end but doesn't feel very professional to me. I haven't purchased anything from them in several years because of that.

2. I have had similar problems with DDE even when not doing special requests. Every time I ordered through them I had problems so I don't deal with them anymore.

3. Very good info about DenverDoll, pretty much confirms my suspicions and hesitations regarding using a middle man when I want something even a little customized.

It seems like shipping from DenverDoll for a normal Yue is around $26 while ordering direct from ResinSoul is $51. It's a relief to hear that I won't have to worry about mystery taxes and import fees, but the steep shipping cost with a direct order has me slightly hesitant. I suppose it's the cost of dealing directly with the supplier and having a custom order discussed in person; I'm willing to pay more to get exactly what I want.

I'm also wondering about the clothes and wigs that come direct from RS... They have a very cute blonde braided wig and a sailor outfit that I am interested in buying to go with the doll so she doesn't sit naked until I buy other clothes but I can't find many reviews about the quality of their other items.

Another point of curiosity I have is with layaway payments. Has anyone here got any good experience with that? I hear ResinSoul is very good with communication, so I assume it would be easy to email them and set it up; the order form comes with the layway request automatically filled so I assume it's very simple, but I'd still like to hear a firsthand account. What I'm curious about is whether the doll is begun when your first payment is sent or your last payment; so that if you pay over the course of three months, would it take another three months for the doll to be completed and shipped after that, or would it ship soon after the last payment?

Basically I'm wanting to try and arrange for a doll to arrive at around Christmas, and was thinking to begin either saving up or starting a layaway process now-ish. Thanks so much for the advice :3

4. Now that I'm 'only' waiting on the one Dollshe order rather than two (woo my 2018 order finally showed up lol) contemplating finally putting in that long-planned custom order with Resinsoul - only indecision thy name is...

Pretty much the order would be one incredibly complex multi-coloured/half-transparent body, and a custom tan colour-matched body... But I'm also eyeing up the numerous Resinsoul headsculpts going, hrrmm do any of you look like Chiana from Farscape? Thus far the candidates are Dai and Ke, I'd be very open to suggestions there!

5. Been looking for a doll in tan for a character & been failing spectacularly. just seen Rui! She might work! Emailed to see if it’s at all possible to get her without elf ears. If not, might have to mod. But her face would definitely work for the character.

6. They're usually pretty good about that, in my understanding. Good luck!

7. Realised that I probably don't trust the post with a colour-sample right now, even one as throwaway as the weird supposed-to-replace-an-s-hook thing that Dollshe throws in with its heads - but I've now got a half transparent/half opaque body due at some point, RS very kindly let me layaway the fairly complicated thing with no complaints about how insane the colours are!

(Now down to 'only' 2-ish floating heads ahahaha - eventually one of those will be getting the bigger 72cm male body colour matched for it... The 'ish' comes from the two heads I'm not counting, 1) the alternate headsculpt for the half-transparent girl I've just ordered... and a practice head that'll likely never earn itself a body)

8. Thanks! They already replied & said it’s no problem. So looks like my search is over & I’m geting Rui!:whee:

I’m gonna have to buy girl clothes! :XD: She’s going to be the first girly doll... all the rest are boys, and one tomboy character.

#568 Spuggey, Aug 1, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    9. For a colour sample, an option is to go to a paint store and compare one of the doll parts to the paint swatches they have. Then you can send the paint swatch and if the mail loses it, who cares? It's a coloured piece of cardboard. I need to do this for Oleander's body as he's an imperfect Angel Toast Crow sculpt and his head cap and head are very noticeable different resin colours (part of why he's an imperfect sculpt). There is absolutely no way I'd send out his head (which has a gorgeous face up) for resin matching purposes.

I'm also going to do this method for Qayin as he's a BiDoll CS sculpt and was a very limited run for a Russian BJD festival. If something were to happen to his head cap, there's no replacing it. I've already got the sample swatch for Qayin but I need to wait to place his body order due to Life Stuff right now, which is annoying as I'd been ready to order his body just when the world shut down and RS asked me to wait (which was completely reasonable).

10. This is the weirdest suggestion ever but... homeware stores like B&Q used to have machines that you could put anything in (like a bjd part) and it would sample the colour & make you a little pot of paint in the exact same colour as your object. If they still do this, you could do it that way? :XD:

11. Ooh thanks both of you for pointing that little service out - I think I'll have to do that when international post gets more reliable again.

I'm pretty content trying to work out potential colours for that half-transparent girl for the time being (loose-inspiration for her is the enraged Forest Spirit at the end of Princess Mononoke lots of blues, shiny shiny mica powder and LIT is planned for her), that poor floating IM Hound of mine has waited this long for a body, a little longer won't hurt him! He's so old at this point, even if RS has a Pureskin Pale Tan match on file there's no guarantee it'd be close. The head's lived in it's box the whole time I've had it, but I've no clue if it's mellowed down/how much.

12. Put my first payment in for Rui in dark tan! Anyone know where to get good clothes that fit her? I’m looking on Etsy & eBay, but a lot seem to be feeple 60 sized and I’m worried they’ll be too small. Even large bust ones, because she’s much taller and I don’t think dresses will be long enough... I don’t want her knickers on display!:XD:

Gotta say, for my first Resinsoul order it was all prompt & businesses like, compared to vastly more expensive companies. Very impressed by the service so far!

EDIT: Anyone know what size eyes Rui needs?

#572 Spuggey, Aug 2, 2020
      Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    13. @Spuggey I would guess at 16mm for her eyes.

14. I found some pics of a couple of Chuns, one in white skin and one in tan, and I think I've got a new favorite from Resinsoul... I'm not usually in love with tan skin on dolls, but Resinsoul's tan is just the right shade I think. With dark makeup, it really looks enchanting.

15. I asked this question before but nobody awnser, What kind of pants does resinsoul Heng/Yi fit and where can I buy it?

16. He's 72cm, so I would think pants suited to most 70+ dolls would work, but I can't say for sure as I don't own that body. You can try places like Alice's Collection,

17. I have 2 pants meant for 70cm bjd but his thighs are to big:frownyblush:

18. Has anyone put an old Dollzone head (2010-2015) on either the 60cm girl bdy or the 60cm boy body? I have two DZ Celine heads and one DZ Floy head that I'm looking for bodies for.

19. never mind, wrong thread. XD;

Tags: