1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie and Resinsoul Discussion - Part 11!!

Dec 2, 2016

1. Hello everyone, I recently got a Resinsoul Rui in normal skin. @Spuggey I would love to see your dark tan Rui! I want to order a dark tan from the company as well but haven't seen many of their sculpts in the color. And she is much taller than I thought she would be. I'm making clothes for my girl. Have you found a place to get some for yours?

2. The dark tan is gorgeous. I have an MSD boy in it and it's held up extremely well as far as any mellowing goes. I can't see any colour change at all and mine is 8 years old.

3. @Iron_Dog that sounds great! I have tan dolls from dollshe and dollmore and both of their resin gets green pretty quickly. SO I hope Resinsoul has done a better job.

4. I also have a red Pixiu from the initial release in 2011/12 and the red has mellowed a little to a more... old brick red but he is still very clearly a red doll. Additionally, I have a dark grey Bao from 2011 and I can't say as I notice any colour change with him either.

However, I have an old blue Jun from 2009 and he has utterly even but severe mellowing. He is no longer old blue (which was an extremely pale blue) but is a gorgeous shade of pale turquoise. This appears to be a through-and-through colour change as even the inside of his head cap has become pale turquoise. If you didn't know he was originally old blue you'd likely assume he was cast in pale turquoise because it is that even. It actually works better for his character so I'm not upset about the change. I don't know how long it took for him to change like that but I really noticed it back in... 2014. I would cautiously say that he seems to have stabilized into the pale turquoise colour he is now.

I am the first owner of all my RS boys and they spend 99% of their lives in their boxes so any colour change is due to age (or possibly a wonky/unstable resin batch in Jolen's case) not exposure to UV light.

5. I’ll post her when she arrives! I’m not going to be buying clothes... I want to learn to sew & all the basic instructions I can find are for women’s clothes. My other dolls are all boys, so I’ve struggled. But now I’ve found a doll for this character, I can follow some tutorials for clothes making. It was hard to find a fitting face sculpt that was available in the right colour for her, so I’m happy!

6. @Spuggey that would be great! I look forward to seeing what you come up with! If you have any questions about sewing I'd be happy to help too! I love making my dolls' clothes.

This is my Resinsoul Rui. Her name is Wren and I just finished making her clothes this weekend
      [​IMG]

7. She's beautiful and her gown is gorgeous!

8. I mentioned that I would post my purple Dawn when she arrived so here she is! She arrived today!

[​IMG]Resinsoul Dawn by Sara Haye, on Flickr

9. Thank you @Serene Sara! And You Dawn is gorgeous! I didn't know they had a special edition like this. The ears and nails are amazing!

10. Wow! Lovely work! I’m a total beginner so it’s not gonna look like yours, I know that much...

It’s nice to see Rui! I looked about but there weren’t many owner pictures. I really liked her nose for my character & resinsoul were nice enough to mod human ears on her for a little fee. I do love her elf ears but my character is human. I guess I could get a different version...

11. @Spuggey thank you and I'm sure once you practice with sewing you'll see how simple some clothing is. My patterns aren't sophisticated, its all about embellishment XD and wow that is great they will mod the sculpt for you! I didn't think they could do that. There are some sculpts Iwould love to add elf ears to but I think that may be a little harder lol. I'm interested to see what a human Rui looks like

12. @KiwiNinamori When I order the body for Qayin (BiDoll CS), RS is going to be modding the neck larger for me for a small fee. They are an extremely customer orientated company and people have gotten them to do all manner of mods to the dolls for what I find is a very reasonable fee. I'll also be getting the body colour matched to Qayin's head. Even with those 2 extra things, the body (Mu) is still insanely affordable.

13. @Iron_Dog Thanks that sounds great! I'll try contacting them to find out. Has that affected your wait time at all?

14. @KiwiNinamori I don't know yet. I'd asked about the mod and colour match back in... November 2019 (and got a reply in like 24 hours). I was ready to place my order for the body in January 2020 but Covid happened and RS asked me to wait until things settled down before sending the sample to them (China was just shutting down when I asked them for the address to send the sample).

I have a price for what I want/need and I have the sample to send them but I haven't placed my order yet as my province went into shutdown as well (the whole world did, really) and then the office I worked for closed.... I need to wait for the final shake out of my finances now that I'm officially unemployed before spending on luxury items. That being said, I'm also trying to talk myself out of another doll purchase that would eat basically all of my dolly savings but it's a 2nd hand buy so if I decide against it, getting that doll would be very difficult where the Mu is an always available body.

First world dolly problems....

15. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep wigs on the heads of the ones with big ears?

I got a Resinsoul Su and her ears won’t let her wig stay on properly. :sweat

16. Lol, you probably won't like my answer. It's not on a Resinsoul girly (so I can't post pictures) but I modded a doll so she'd have long drow ears. The only thing I found that didn't behave wonky with how long her ears were....was making a wig with a hard/latex cap so it was as close to her head as possible. I've found that the band at the base of soft caps is too thick to look and sit right on the head without it looking weird.

17. I have a Jun (OT for this thread) and his ears are large and placed in such a way as to interfere with every wig pre-made that I've tried on him. I modified his wig to fit around his ears but I wouldn't recommend that route unless you're very handy with needle and thread. Big ears can be really cool but sometimes a complete pain in the butt when it comes to getting a wig to stay on their heads.

18. Apologies for the question if this is the wrong place for it but does anyone know what size clothes would fit the resinsoul bigger boy body best? I know their sizing can be a bit odd for clothes.

19. Those ears are amazing!

I need advice. I want to get the 72cm boy body, the big'un for a Doll Family A Susu head that I have coming. Now the head is white, and I figure I can match anything (over confidence or low tolerance for mis-match, LOL) Anyway, it seems to me that RS tan is super light, and I'd like my boy to have a dark Mediterranean look; you know, dark hair, blue eyed hunk? OK, confession, I saw someone post a picture of Susu on a google search who was painted to look like Lucifer in the TV show, and WOW :aeyepop: so yah, LOL, I wanna try making mine look like that hunk!

So if anyone could post ResinSoul light tan and dark tan for me, I'd sure appreciate it :D Thanks so much!!

20. The dark tan is quite dark compared to most tans and lovely. My Yao/Ming boy's horns are currently being used by my Soom ID51 London The Moor in their ebony resin and the match is very good but slightly lighter than the Soom ebony. I know they're OT for this thread as far as size goes, but here is Aischylos (RS Yao/Ming boy) in the dark tan. His colour is fairly accurate to RL.
      [​IMG]Haniel, Aischylos & Darius by ID Locke, on Flickr
      Next to him is Haniel (MNF Ruth in WS, probably mellowed given his age) and in front of them is Darius (RS Pixiu in red).
      Aischylos is from 2012 and I'm his first owner.
      Darius is from 2012 and I'm his first owner.
      Haniel arrived to me in 2010 and I'm his 3rd owner (I'm unsure of when he was actually made).
      All my guys live in their boxes so any mellowing is due to age not UV exposure while they've been in my possession.

@IngieBee if you want to see the RS dark tan next to the Soom ebony, I can throw that up here as well although I'm not sure how helpful that will be to your purposes. I can take pics of the dark tan next to other dolls of mine if you want other comparisons. The other tans I own are AoD, Dollshe honey mango, Soom ebony & Miracle Doll.

I also have RS in WS, old blue (now mellowed to pale turquoise), red and dark grey. My RS guys are older boys (and OT in size for this thread) but their resin has held up very well as far as colour changes go with the exception of Jolen in old blue but I think he was a wonky batch to have mellowed as he has. My WS boy is no longer paper white but a nice creamy white.

Tags: