1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bobobie Tan Dolls

May 5, 2007

1. The below are Bobobie's new tan dolls. One is open-eyed, the other is close-eyed. They are the same size as Eric. But their skin are tan or dark brown. The teeth of the open-eyed boy is made of white PU, just like Pandora's teeth. They have no names yet. Welcome to name them. The winner will gain a 20% discount coupon. :aheartbea :aheartbea

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Name: I submit Farai - It means "rejoice" in Shona (An African language) for the open eyed doll, and Thabo - Meaning "joy" in Tswana (Another African language) for the closed eyed doll. :)

:love OH he's cute.

I muchly approve. :D

I do have one question, are you stabilizing/deciding on the color still? I did notice that his torso is a different color then most of the rest of him.

EDIT: And is he cast all the way through in that color? I just realized I'm not seeing seams! :D

And are you going to offer the other dolls in this color? :D

Thanks again, Dennis! :D

~Anrui

PS: I hope you are feeling better!

3. Hi, Anrui, I know you are interested with tan dolls.:)

Yes there is some color difference between the torso and other parts of him because they are samples only. When we make dolls for customers there will be no color difference. They willl be the same color and no seam visible. We would offer tan color to all dolls if people would like.

I am very well now. The doctor advise me to have more rest and nutrition. As I have been away for almost one week, I have so many mail to answer and orders piled up. I only hope people will be a little more patient. I will answer and ship very soon!

~Dennis

4. Dennis I hope you are feeling better. He doesn't look tan more like chocolate like the Orientdoll ones are or dark skinned. He's quite cute I must say. I hope you are able to stabilize the color.

I'd like to submit the name Choco

5. Coco and Roko (i love rhyming names ^_^ )

the teeth are cute, will he be available in normal skin? (although i am also excited to see tan!)

and as Anrui Ukimi already asked, are they this color inside the resin, or just on the outside?

get better soon!

6. I'm not much for naming dolls, but I think the open eyed one looks like a Jacob, not sure about the closed eye doll :)

7. Oh the one with the eyes closed looks like a Marco to me. And the sweet one with teeth looks so Cookie-ish... *yeah, lame, sorry*

Anyway, they're great! So daaaark, unusual ^^ and the boy with teeth! <3

8. Oh Dennis
      when can we order !

just when I thought my bank account was safe
      I love him
      I love the sleeping one ...love them both !
      I will have to call mine Rolo ...caus he looks like chocolate :aheartbea

9. i think sanuk is a great name for the one with teeth!

Sanuk means happiness in Thai.

and Noir for the sleepy one, which is french for black.

10. So adorable! Now I'm stuck choosing between a regular skin and a tan for my tiny.

For names I keep thinking Carob for the sleeping on, and liquorice for the open eyes one.

11. So cute! I'm liking both these boys quite a lot.
      How about:
      Pahns(Ancient Egyptian for the Nubian) for the wide-eyed fellow and Emre (Turkish for friend/older brother) for his sleeping brother.

12. Oh no!! I was just thinking last night "I wish I could get an Erin in Tan skin" and these little ones come along :D I want the sleeping boy, he's cute.

As for names, I like Cailean for the sleeping boy. It's an Irish name meaning victorious. For the other I like Kieran which means small and dark-skinned ;)

13. For names - Oli for the open eyed and Bodi for the closed eye.
      They are both wonderful and i may be adding one to my BJD collection - they are just so cute.
      :love

14. i love it *_*
      the skin chocolate is very nice =D
      great job =D

for the name i like Samir for the normal boy, and Sabara for the sleeping boy

15. Ooh...nice colour! :D

In my mind the sleeping one looks like Orion and his brother looks like Rigel. :D

16. I personally love the sleeping one. He's so adorable. As for a name idea, Hmmm.. Maybe something cutesy, Like Cookie, Or if you want more namey names. Er, Maybe Adam, Or Alex/Alec.Sammie/Sam. Hmm.. Rogue,Tristan,Tye,Tyne, Jude, Anthony,Alexander,Xavier.Aaron.Ace,Addison,Aiden,Apollo,Baden,Ben,Billy,Blade,Blake
      ,Blaze And Brook. ^^ I'm no help in the names department, But i love the little sleeping guy! I hope this helps you some! Oh well! ^_^

17. they;re so adorable! I'm glad u're ok dennis ^^

I'll come back to name them, they look cute ^^ i want to name!

18. They are so cute!
      names I like are: sleeping one Angel, and awake one Kevin

19. good you are feeling better Dennis, this tan colour is wonderful.

I submit the names ri and yue. Ri for open-eyed and Yue for sleeping. Ri means the sun in Chinese and Yue means moon. Together ri yue (rì yuè) means 'the sun and the moon'

20. I cannot wait for my lovely Bobobie Ophelia to come home, She's my first. And i wouldn't have it any other way than the way it is! I am overly excited, i cannot sleep at night, I hope you do ship soon!!! But be carefull on yourself!:aheartbea :aheartbea I hate it when we have meets where i live, And i hope my lovely Ophelia makes it before the meet! (Everyone wants to see her.)