1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Body information of Dollshe Bermann and Hound.

May 30, 2005

1. What a wealth of information you posted Anu, thank you so much. This is very interesting to see the progression of the design. I had no idea Hound's hands were so much bigger! Great comparison photos, thank you again! :chibi :chibi

2. Wow , thats great

3. Anu~~ :grin: This is such a wonderful page. I love the body comparisons~~ :D

4. Thanks Anu ---- I love Hound---- he's gorgeous!!!

5. Thank you so much for this!! ^^

You answered alot of my questions, and the photos really help. However, now, I want all three... Dear Anu, I need a program that helps me not to go nuts on your gorgeous dolls.
      --Pam ~*

6. Thanks Anu! It's always fascinating to see evolution's progress. Especially when it springs from such a beautiful line. I also like the idea of the new Bermanns being guardians, patterned on the guardians of old. He may be beautiful, but he also looks strong enough to do the job, and do it well.

7. So if Bermann, the name/word is taken from a Doberman man + dog relation.
      So Hound is within the same context. There's no mistranslation of the word Hound.
      Because Hound and hound the word is a breed of dogs in any language.

Interesting conceptual play on words...

8. :love :drool Hound......must get Hound......so beautiful!

9. well I'm very sorry for you..that the origin of Hound is..

(T0T)

came from Afgan Hound. (gave up to pretend a cool naming sesne)

cause Dollsh designed a couple of dolls as brother/sister of Bermann.
      and that time, I had big complain of the Old Bermann doll's abdomen which was too round and .............(sorry;;) was too potbellied.
      so I asked to Dollsh 'I want to see, a very slim,thin,without portbelled abodomen,
      Yes, as like Afgan hound doggy in French coat!"

that is why -_-a;;; hound has his name as Hound.
      and name of sister doll woud be Afgan. it was planned. but
      heath of dollsh became bad too much, so now it was postponed for a while..;;
      I'm sorry..too sily story;;^^ I know;

It is not a rule that "Every dollshe doll has name of doggi" ^^;;;
      Eventhough I'm a big fan of doggies and kitties...^^;;
      I just wanted to tell to you..^^;;;;;

10. Thanks Anu! It's always fascinating to see evolution's progress. Especially when it springs from such a beautiful line. I also like the idea of the new Bermanns being guardians, patterned on the guardians of old. He may be beautiful, but he also looks strong enough to do the job, and do it well.

11. Bookmark you page :D

12. Anu, I love your doggi story! Thanks so much for the pages of information and all those wonderful pix. I still can't believe how beautiful my Valentino is. Sometimes I just sit and stare at him. :D

13. This is sooo fascinating Anu!!

Oh I hope the prospect of "Afghan" a girl comes to pass, hoping and hoping for that.....

14. Oh, Anu, thank you for all this information!

I love your story about the name of Hound - that's adorable! Your dolls are so beautiful, so thanks for sharing even more about them. ^_^

15. Anu, thanks for the info! I've been waiting for Hound and (Advanced!) Bermann comparison pics XD;

I am in love with Hound's.. nails. x3;;

16. What great information, thank you.

17. Hello Anu^^

I just wanted to let you know that this is one of the most interesting things I have seen lately~
      I examined all the pictures, and they are all SO wonderful! The different processes that the dolls have went through is so intriguing. I think it's very clever to use the name of dogs, as dogs are loyal, friendly and loving (and cute!).
      I have to tell you, I am going to get a Hound ^___^ Someone posted a picture of him beside Keanu Reaves (he is an actor)and I fell in love. Hound is going to be the lover of my Dark Elf Soo<3 (I hope that is ok!!)

I think Bermann and Hound have the most amazing joint system, it's so cool that they can touch their faces and cross their arms (and KNEEL). I have noticed other companies are starting to pick up similar joint systems for their dolls, as it is such a genious design.
      I think it's so nice that you release these dolls to all of us in the world, and it's even more lovely that you speak to us in person often and let us know how you all are. It's so heartwarming to deal with real people instead of just companies^^ (I notice a lot of the Korean doll makers are polite like this).

Take care, and I wish you the best.

-Philip

18. hahaha ^^;;
      maybe cause, I'm very amaturist.

I'm very happy when I make a message on the board of DOA.
      People advices to me (very good idea) which is very essential to Doll work,
      Thus I can realize that I have to study more and more.
      it is very important opportunity to hear and learn from you. directly.

Besides. to be frankly with you..a;
      it is just...I'm a very common doll fan. not a special doll stylist or doll artist as like others.
      I'm Very ordinary girl who has Biggest Pit-A-pit-A always
      when I meet and touch my beautiful dolls.

Lovely dolls, and more lovely people.
      the greatest reason, which I don't feel boring to doll's collecting,
      it is just "People" ^^ I bet it.

Sweetest, kind and graceful peoples are here.

Thank you so much for your all sweet messages :D
      and I'm always sorry for my poor work, and poor english. (;)

19. You're the farthest thing from a common doll fan. ^^ The way you think things out, the little details you put into everything! Even if I wasn't a fan of dolls as tall as Bermann and Hound, I'd want one just because of the sweet meanings and stories behind them. :D